Author Topic: v2.6.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 10592 times)

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
Re: v2.6.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2024, 06:53:21 AM »
Steve, the 2.6 seems chunky, May We have a date when It is going to be released? Honestly, I would like to start a new long campaign with the new stuff.

Thank you  :)

It's going to be a while. We are spending this year (from mid-March anyway) travelling in a motorhome around the UK, and maybe Europe too. Everything done since March is on my laptop and I prefer to handle new releases on my desktop. At the moment, we only plan to return home (to the Isle of Man) in December, so it could be next year for v2.6. It's possible I could decide to do the release on my laptop, but don't count on it :)

Here is a quick shot of Remy - our Motorhome - earlier this year in Invercoe, Scotland (all motorhomes have to be given names - its a rule).

Thank you, at least We know it is not behind the corner and We can play in peace  ;)

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2024, 07:30:06 AM »
Fixed a bug that prevented laser torpedoes from detonating at the correct range.
Does that mean that laser warheads are not worth using in 2.5.1?

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2024, 08:51:14 AM »
Fixed a bug that prevented laser torpedoes from detonating at the correct range.
Does that mean that laser warheads are not worth using in 2.5.1?

They keep closing past their detonation point during the increment when they detonate. So they work to some degree, but not as intended.

The following users thanked this post: paolot

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2024, 06:28:38 AM »
Finally a way to do prisoner transfers! Make a colony on an empty rock, drop prisoners there, at the end of the war, transfer the colony to your former enemy. Live long and prosper!

The following users thanked this post: kks, lumporr

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2024, 06:33:45 AM »
Question: are the minerals, fuel and MSP stockpiled at the colony transferred to the new race?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2024, 06:36:43 AM »
Question: are the minerals, fuel and MSP stockpiled at the colony transferred to the new race?

Yes, they are part of the population.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser, lumporr

Offline LuuBluum

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2024, 12:54:10 PM »
Perfect. Now all that I need to simulate civil wars is the ability to move officers between empires, but I think that can just be handled through DB edits.

The following users thanked this post: lumporr

Online Louella

• L
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2024, 01:37:28 PM »
Will other POW mechanics be expanded on ? I'd like to be able to repatriate them, or to transfer POWs to conquered worlds of the same species, and stuff like that.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2024, 03:24:18 AM »
Perfect. Now all that I need to simulate civil wars is the ability to move officers between empires, but I think that can just be handled through DB edits.

DB Edit is probably the best option. I could add a Transfer Officer button, but doing it one at a time would take a while. A better option would be some form of mass transfer at the fleet or admin command level, like awarding medals, but that is a larger piece of work.

The following users thanked this post: LuuBluum

Offline Froggiest1982

• Vice Admiral
  • F
  • 2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Supporter of the forum in 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Supporter of the forum for 2024
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter :
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2024, 05:05:41 AM »
Is a new colony created or an existing colony must be created first from the target race?

If a colony with a population is on the same planet, will the population be added to the existing?

And finally, if the population is a different species, will it be addedd to the pool and subjected to the existing species rules for colony transport and such?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2024, 06:28:11 AM »
Is a new colony created or an existing colony must be created first from the target race?

If a colony with a population is on the same planet, will the population be added to the existing?

And finally, if the population is a different species, will it be addedd to the pool and subjected to the existing species rules for colony transport and such?

The colony is moved to the other race. Nothing is created. It won't be added to an existing colony, as amalgamation is more complex. I might add it in the future though. The receiving race gains a new species, if they don't have it already.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline KriegsMeister

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2024, 05:29:37 PM »
Very neat, we could take this one step further and have population unrest trigger this mechanic and create a rebel population. Maybe also a chance to spawn rebel troops or "capture" ships and ground forces in orbit and on the surface

Offline LuuBluum

• L
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2024, 07:57:14 PM »
Very neat, we could take this one step further and have population unrest trigger this mechanic and create a rebel population. Maybe also a chance to spawn rebel troops or "capture" ships and ground forces in orbit and on the surface

I think all of that already exists. It's always been possible to release a colony as an empire; there was just no way to move a population from one empire to another.

Offline Cristo

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2024, 02:34:32 PM »
Looks amazing so far Steve thanks a lot!
Could you please clarify the below? (Or if anyone else get's it please also feel free to help me out!)

- Species characteristics, such as growth rate, research rate, etc. are passed on when used as a base species for a new species design.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2024, 07:36:32 AM »
Looks amazing so far Steve thanks a lot!
Could you please clarify the below? (Or if anyone else get's it please also feel free to help me out!)

- Species characteristics, such as growth rate, research rate, etc. are passed on when used as a base species for a new species design.

Looks like it's about these modifiers found on the middle in the leftmost column here:

https://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11136.0