Author Topic: SM Swarm Spawn  (Read 1262 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
SM Swarm Spawn
« on: July 07, 2024, 02:41:04 PM »
Can anyone explain why, when I use SM mode to spawn a swarm in a system with a colony from my race it always appears on top of the colony regardless of what planetary body I have selected?
I haven't encountered a single swarm yet and it is time for my race to have another interstellar peril to face.

Welchbloke
Welchbloke

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: SM Swarm Spawn
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 02:45:51 PM »
Can anyone explain why, when I use SM mode to spawn a swarm in a system with a colony from my race it always appears on top of the colony regardless of what planetary body I have selected?
I haven't encountered a single swarm yet and it is time for my race to have another interstellar peril to face.

Welchbloke

The Create Swarm button will only create a swarm in orbit of a colony which is considered suitable to support an initial Swarm force. I don't remember the exact requirements, but they are a bit strict, so it is likely that your colony is located on the only body the game considers suitable for a Swarm to spawn at in the system.

You will probably have better luck to choose a system you have discovered, but not colonized, with a good planet and good minerals (I think the Swarm requires good mineral deposits to spawn).

The following users thanked this post: welchbloke, kks