Author Topic: 4.0b Bugs  (Read 22104 times)

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
Re: 4.0b Bugs
« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Thanks, the ability to build similar classes had somehow passed me by  :oops:

Not a problem.  I particularily like the fact that my standard freighter, colonist and matching jump ship can all be build in the same yard as long as the jump ship is the one it is listed as building.  A lot of the time I get one shipyard up to 5000 ton capacity and just start building new slips for it.  I think that 20 was the most I ever built in one game but it was really handy to be able to shift around between the 3 designs depending on what was needed.

Brian

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2009, 02:05:48 PM »
Precursor Behavior

Steve, in a star system I encountered there was a small precursor fleet and three small listening posts (each had 1-3 Planetary Sensors).  I destroyed the fleet except for one ship.  That one was a missile shooter and when it ran out of ammo it ran off out of sight into the outer system (it was much faster than me and I didn't bother chasing it).  I brought in some troop ships and grabbed all three precursor colony sites.  When the last one was conquered, the precursor missile ship surrrendered to me and appeared in my fleet list.  

Of course I promptly joined it with a jump ship and sent it back to Earth.  Is there a method for researching a captured ship like this?  It's got ECM-5 and ECCM-5 and would like very much to "get" those if possible. :)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
When creating a new empire, selecting a value for starting racial wealth greater than 20 causes a fatal error, crashes Arora, and leaves the empire you were creating with no capital, no poplations, and dozens of other 'blank spots' in the racial record, all of which throw their own errors.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2009, 02:27:10 PM »
Quote from: "Laurence"
Precursor Behavior

Steve, in a star system I encountered there was a small precursor fleet and three small listening posts (each had 1-3 Planetary Sensors).  I destroyed the fleet except for one ship.  That one was a missile shooter and when it ran out of ammo it ran off out of sight into the outer system (it was much faster than me and I didn't bother chasing it).  I brought in some troop ships and grabbed all three precursor colony sites.  When the last one was conquered, the precursor missile ship surrrendered to me and appeared in my fleet list.  

Of course I promptly joined it with a jump ship and sent it back to Earth.  Is there a method for researching a captured ship like this?  It's got ECM-5 and ECCM-5 and would like very much to "get" those if possible. :)
The only way to potentially get Precursor tech is to scrap the ship and see if you gain any tech. Of course, if you take it apart you won't be able to use it any more so it's not a straightforward decision.

I've removed the Precursor surrender for v4.1 :)

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
When creating a new empire, selecting a value for starting racial wealth greater than 20 causes a fatal error, crashes Arora, and leaves the empire you were creating with no capital, no poplations, and dozens of other 'blank spots' in the racial record, all of which throw their own errors.
I have already changed this to a percentage-based version for v4.1. Even so, I just tested a percentage higher than 100% to ensure no remanant of this bug remained and it worked fine.

Steve

Offline ocie

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2009, 10:21:45 AM »
I am getting a subscript 9 error, update sensors error that i can not clear. even CADing out and restarting gives the same error whenever i try ti increment time. Help?

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2009, 05:29:25 PM »
Quote from: "ocie"
I am getting a subscript 9 error, update sensors error that i can not clear. even CADing out and restarting gives the same error whenever i try ti increment time. Help?
Just curious, but are you sharing a system with a NPC race?  I have the same issue only when I have my own units in a system owned and populated by an alien race.  My hope is that the eventual conquest of that system will solve the problem.  

Adam.

Offline ocie

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2009, 05:58:19 PM »
Yes, I have a Taskforce in an NPC system when the problem happens

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2009, 06:58:04 PM »

Does the task force "need" to be there?  Steve had recommended to me that I delete the system, but I prefer to go through with the conquest, then see what happens.  Other than that I would just remove the task force until you need to go into that system.

Adam.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2009, 02:28:34 AM »
I am getting a vastly annoying bug when I advance the time.

Setup Fire Control gives me error 3167 record not found 12 or so times each time the time step advances.  Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?  It started as I posted earlier after a blue screen event I had while playing.  I suspect it has to do with precursers but I am not sure.  It takes a certain amount of the joy out of play when you have to click cancel 12 times every time you advance the clock.

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »
Steve -

I've been playing around with 4.0b a little, just to try to stay current with what is in the latest versions, and I noticed a bug.  I set up a cargo run for a group of cargo ships from my home world to a planet orbiting a distant binary companion star, using lagrange point jump points.  When I set up the first round-trip, everything was fine.  The trip time displayed what I felt was a reasonable amount of time for the round trip at that point (10 days or so).  Then I entered a "3" in the repeat box and hit the repeat button so that my cargo group would make four round trips.  Aurora immediately threw and error related to calculating the trip time and after clearing an error showed a trip time Aurora showed a trip time in the hundreds of thousands of days.  

I double checked, and there were only four round trips displayed in the orders list.  I then checked the orders sequence, to see if one of the in-system jumps was left out, but everything appeared to be right, so I decided to let the fleet follow its orders and see what happened.  The fleet made its first round trip in ten days, as the original orders predicted that it would, but then, on the first leg of the second trip, it missed the LP jump point and kept sailing straight on towards the distant companion star through normal space.  

It appears that when the orders are replicated by the "Repeat" button, something relating to the LP's is left out, disabling that particular function.

Kurt

Offline Laurence

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #236 on: July 06, 2009, 12:35:38 PM »
I am in the middle of a battle with an NPR and I am getting an error on every turn cycle.  Error is:

Error in GetShipName

Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null

It happens every time I cycle a turn of any time increment.  It started right after I destroyed an enemy ship.  Might not be connected to that as I had destroyed ~10 ships prior to that one.

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #237 on: July 06, 2009, 04:09:23 PM »
Got one here that I have seen in several  versions before, but never seen addressed.

I am 34 years into a game, and try to access the commanders page. I get the following looping error:

Error in grdCommanders_SelChange

Error was generated by Aurora
Script out of range

Have tried cycling through the error message but have found not end.

For a moment, I saw the officer page and noted the count of lowest rank officers had topped 500.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 03:48:17 PM by georgiaboy1966 »
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2009, 06:44:40 PM »
Quote from: "adradjool"

Does the task force "need" to be there?  Steve had recommended to me that I delete the system, but I prefer to go through with the conquest, then see what happens.  Other than that I would just remove the task force until you need to go into that system.

Adam.
After destroying the alien task force that had entered the sol system the 100+ errors suddenly went away, even though I had some of my people in their home system as well.  Maybe it had something to do with the NPC ship design?

Adam.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2009, 12:52:36 AM »
I've heard of dangerous research, but this is a bit much....

I had 480 points left  on Earth to finish Beam Fire Control Range 24,000.  It was 2nd in the research queue.  One of my ships transitted into the system, and downloaded 640 points to Earth, which completed Beam Fire Control Range 24,000.  That part is all okay.

The unexpected part is that it also disintegrated my home world population :-)  I was tempted to role play it from there (as a mysterious catastrophe), but since I'd just backed up 15 minutes earlier I went ahead and restored (and had the same thing happen).  Pulling the research out of the queue solved the problem though after restoring again.  Another indicator that it was the "research completed" event that did it was that the additional research being downloaded all went to Mars.

I know that you've change the research spying rules a lot for 4.1, but thought I'd report it anyway in case the bugs still there for other forms of research point acquisition, e.g. interrogations.  To repeat, it appears that a project that's in the queue and completed through download destroys the queue's population.

John