Author Topic: Official v5.20 Bugs Thread  (Read 29666 times)

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
Re: Official v5.20 Bugs Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2011, 10:31:18 PM »
looks like you dont have unzipped the picturre folders
Per se ad astra

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:10 PM »
Receiving the Error in cboControlRace
                  Error 76 was generated by Aurora
                  Path not found: 'Planetjpeg\ha3.jpg'

When I try to access F9.

Any clues (hoping it's my operator headspace error).

Checked your install folder for a folder called 'planetjpeg'?

Offline Xeno The Morph

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2011, 01:30:34 PM »
I just thought I would add the civilian ship 'using incorrect Jump order' bug (noted in hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php/topic,2953.  0.  html) here on the bug thread, as no search has found it in the thread.

If you clear a civilian ships orders and their new route takes them through a JG they will fail the transit. . .  and keep doing so every few hours  :'(

Message: 'xxx cannot carry out its squadron transit order as at least one ship is larger than the ship with the highest jump rating. '

It is extremely annoying as there is no way around it and it has effectively stopped my 25ish year campaign and there is no way to counter it, without DB access or destroying the civilian ships with my own attack ships (and my ships are not nearby. . .  well to some of the differently located & affected ships at least. . .  hello insanely excessive turn clicking ;) )

Edit: hmm, the link is mangled even if I use the hyperlink tags. . .  sorry it looks like you will need to unmangle it ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 01:40:06 PM by Xeno The Morph »

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2011, 05:57:29 PM »
I just thought I would add the civilian ship 'using incorrect Jump order' bug (noted in hxxp: aurora2.  pentarch.  org/index.  php/topic,2953.  0.  html) here on the bug thread, as no search has found it in the thread.

If you clear a civilian ships orders and their new route takes them through a JG they will fail the transit. . .  and keep doing so every few hours  :'(

Message: 'xxx cannot carry out its squadron transit order as at least one ship is larger than the ship with the highest jump rating. '

It is extremely annoying as there is no way around it and it has effectively stopped my 25ish year campaign and there is no way to counter it, without DB access or destroying the civilian ships with my own attack ships (and my ships are not nearby. . .  well to some of the differently located & affected ships at least. . .  hello insanely excessive turn clicking ;) )

Edit: hmm, the link is mangled even if I use the hyperlink tags. . .  sorry it looks like you will need to unmangle it ;)

There is a third way - but  you need the designer mode password.  If you e-mail Steve and ask him, assuming he's agreeable you can use designer mode access to delete the ships or give them new orders.
Welchbloke

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2011, 05:38:15 AM »
Since I added an new NPC I get every turn a few error messages that commander names cant be found (they use Alien Race 1#)  and after I invade them I can see that parts of there names are missing (first or last names)

(Error in GetCommanderName and Error in GetCommanderFullName)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:52:19 AM by DatAlien »
Per se ad astra

Offline WHCnelson

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »
  Hello,
       I am getting a Error message when I bring up the Systems Map for a single system; Mainly my Home system.
This has occurred numerous times.   When it usually happens I go back to a previous save and then I am good for
a bit and then it occurs again.  I can not post the screen print; So here is what it says.

ERROR IN DISPLAYSYSTEMBODIES

Error 6 was generated by Aurora Overflow
Please report to http://aurora.pentarch.org/viewforum.php?f=11

When I click on OK it the displays the system.   Does anyone have an Idea what maybe wrong?

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
Heh. That error 6 overflow seems relatively common. I get it occasionally when
a turn is running. I click 'ok' and everything is fine. I don't know what generates
the error, but it seems to have no other effect on the gameplay.

Eric

Offline Libelnon

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2011, 03:03:23 PM »
I'd say that 'overflow' suggests that the game is trying to cram too much data into the database, or into one particular field.  It could be caused by a planet with an orbit of over 65526, for example (I think it's that much anyway).  I get overflow errors occasionally when programming in delphi when a variable entered is larger than the maximum for the variable type.

Offline Xeno The Morph

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »
It seems there is some sort of bug regarding the 'armour' of invader torpedoes vs incoming fire. 
I can only give 2 contrasting examples due to my limited experience with them though ;)

Correct action:
Using turreted Gauss cannons in 'final defence' PD mode (& CIWS) - as these only do 1 damage and the torpedoes are generally still at size 4 to 5 the majority of hits fail to detonate their warheads

Buggy action:
Using the same turreted Gauss cannons but manually targeting the incoming salvoes (as due to happen-stance the last stop for the torpedoes before hitting is ~20k, doesn't seem to work for Area defence though.  .  .   they never try to fire unless at least one FC on the PD ship is manually targeted.  .  .  ) - even though these only do 1 damage every successful hit detonates the targeted torpedo!

EDIT: OK I got the Area defence to work (must have been doing something wrong) and it seems to correctly act like the final defence PD i. e.  with failed detonations
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:55:44 PM by Xeno The Morph »

Offline Aldaris

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #189 on: March 05, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
I have bit of a problem.
Recently, I switched to 64b W7, and after some tinkering got Aurora to work again.
Except for the F9 screen. When I try to open that, it tells me I need MSSTDFMT.DLL, which I then downloaded, unpacked, and moved into system, then into system32 and the Aurora directory. I even changed the name so it's allcaps just case that made a difference. I still cannot open the F9 screen.
Halp.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2011, 11:02:30 AM »
I have bit of a problem.
Recently, I switched to 64b W7, and after some tinkering got Aurora to work again.
Except for the F9 screen. When I try to open that, it tells me I need MSSTDFMT.DLL, which I then downloaded, unpacked, and moved into system, then into system32 and the Aurora directory. I even changed the name so it's allcaps just case that made a difference. I still cannot open the F9 screen.
Halp.

Did you register the DLL? You'll need to run the command "regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll"

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2011, 11:48:30 AM »
This might have been reported earlier.
When you scrap one of your own ships, its captain is still listed as being assigned to the now nonexisting ship.
I scraped all ships of two classes, so I could look through all of my officers (which was a bit of a hassle) and manually unasign them. Now that I know about this, I can unasign them before scraping, still, it would be nice if the officers would return to the pool automaticaly.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2011, 12:08:12 PM »
This might have been reported earlier.
When you scrap one of your own ships, its captain is still listed as being assigned to the now nonexisting ship.
I scraped all ships of two classes, so I could look through all of my officers (which was a bit of a hassle) and manually unasign them. Now that I know about this, I can unasign them before scraping, still, it would be nice if the officers would return to the pool automaticaly.

I was about to post the same bug.  Also, whilst a ship is being scrapped it is still a valid command assignment; so you end up unassinging and then after the next 5 days increment, an officer is assigned to the ship if it is still being scrapped :(  It is somewhat annoying.

Edit to add:
This also happens when a Replacement btn is used up; I've just found a GF commander with the same bug.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:20:10 PM by welchbloke »
Welchbloke

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »
I was about to post the same bug.  Also, whilst a ship is being scrapped it is still a valid command assignment; so you end up unassinging and then after the next 5 days increment, an officer is assigned to the ship if it is still being scrapped :(  It is somewhat annoying.

Edit to add:
This also happens when a Replacement btn is used up; I've just found a GF commander with the same bug.

And there's still something funky going on with auto-assign.  I've repeatedly had the case where an officer thinks he's assigned to a ship, but the ship doesn't know he's assigned (and I'm pretty sure that he's not a passenger - he doesn't show up as "unassigned" in the skills filter unless I explicitly unassign him).

John

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »
And there's still something funky going on with auto-assign.  I've repeatedly had the case where an officer thinks he's assigned to a ship, but the ship doesn't know he's assigned (and I'm pretty sure that he's not a passenger - he doesn't show up as "unassigned" in the skills filter unless I explicitly unassign him).

John
That reminds me I've found ships with 2 commanders assigned recently.  Unassign one and there is another assigned as well.  I discovered this when manually destroying fighters so that I could replace them with newer versions.
Welchbloke