Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 87372 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2011, 05:31:02 AM »

I think there may also be a bug with the interrupt code - after launching my first wave of missiles, I tried doing a 20 minute turn while waiting for my ASM missiles to travel the ~ 25million k to the target.  However, the turn took an extremely long time and when it ended the armour of a few of my ships had gone from full strength to utterly shredded and they had taken heavy damage - event log showed a  large number of WH1 missiles had struck my fleet without being intercepted at all?  I'd already fought a fairly large battle against some other ships in the system and the antimissiles and gauss PD turrets definitely work.  I'm now going through on 30 second turns and the launchers / turrets are firing, so it seems to be an issue with the potential interception events not being detected and interrupting the long turns properly?  I vaguely remember seeing someone else report a similar issue but can't find it now....

Just to make sure, did you have a non-zero value in the Min Inc box?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2011, 05:32:43 AM »
Sending a ship through LPs makes it jump to the primary star of the system instead of the desired LP on repeating orders.

I observed this for a freighter TG I had set up orders to load something, do an intra-system jump, unload and jump back; then I used 'repeat 29' times in the TG screen to queue up repeating orders. The first time they executed their flight route they jumped correctly, once they got to execute the repeated orders however they entered the LP and appeared in the middle of the system. This now happened for all of the 29 repeated LP jump orders.

The TG contains two sister ships without any conditional orders; the system consists of 4 stars with a LP at each of them.

I thought I had fixed this particular bug for v5.50. Please can you confirm you are definitely using the latest version?

Steve

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2011, 05:44:41 AM »
Just to make sure, did you have a non-zero value in the Min Inc box?

Steve

Ummm... I did yes :s

Sorry, I thought that only affected the number of repetitions when using the auto repeat option!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2011, 05:50:41 AM »
Ummm... I did yes :s

Sorry, I thought that only affected the number of repetitions when using the auto repeat option!

It is supposed to, so you might have spotted a different bug. So you had a number in the Min Inc box but you didn't have automated turns checked?

Steve

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2011, 05:55:50 AM »
The v5.52 patch is now available. After this point, please can you confirm you are using v5.52 when you post a bug

Steve

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2011, 06:02:10 AM »
Anyone else seeing this one? I can't reproduce it

Steve

I'll have to test the new version, but all this bug fixing looks like an amazing work from your part Steve, Thanks !

Regarding the officer issue, i've seen it happen in different games and will track more info to help you.
anyway it's by no way a showstopper

Offline Black Rabbit

• Petty Officer
« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2011, 06:08:36 AM »
Indeed!  Awesome.   Really glad I stumbled onto this!

I'm getting the same problem reported here (hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,3331. msg31930. html#msg31930) in the 5. 40 bug reports thread:

"Error in Form load
Error 76 was generated by Aurora
Path not found"

This occurs once.

Then continual errors as follows:-

"Error in UpdateGameLog
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or with block variable not set"

All I did was copy the new 5. 52 executable into my game directory with my same database.   Putting 5. 51 back in, it resumes working as before.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2011, 06:17:02 AM »
Indeed!  Awesome.   Really glad I stumbled onto this!

I'm getting the same problem reported here (hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,3331. msg31930. html#msg31930) in the 5. 40 bug reports thread:

All I did was copy the new 5. 52 executable into my game directory with my same database.   Putting 5. 51 back in, it resumes working as before.

Yes, slight cockup on my part. Please try downloading it again

Steve

Offline Black Rabbit

• Petty Officer
« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »
Like a charm!  :D

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2011, 06:59:58 AM »
It is supposed to, so you might have spotted a different bug. So you had a number in the Min Inc box but you didn't have automated turns checked?

Steve

Yes, I had 20 in the min Inc box, but automated turns was off.  I had also had a similar issue earlier where a laser armed NPR ship got to firing range (in eight hour increment), but wasn't sure if there was actually anything which should have interrupted that one.  I'd already detected it at long range and was waiting for it to get into missile range but it was slightly faster than expected :)

Great work on getting 5.52 out so quick!  Looking forward to trying it this evening!

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2011, 07:36:57 AM »
I've just had the bug described here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1930.msg33359.html#msg33359.

there was an error box "error in createShip" (sorry i did not note the exact message, and it doesn't seem to appear in the events window, even with show errors option), and when my colony ship construction completed the message in the events window is

Code: [Select]
30th October 2036 09:31:51,Sol,Ark Royal 001 (Ark Royal class) built on Earth and assigned to Unknown Fleet
And it's nowhere to be found (doesn't appear in the individual ship list)

This happens when the Fleet that your ships were being built to is removed for some reason (guess who just deleted my ShipCreche fleet by accident for the 2nd time this campaign!).  The net result is that the ship record doesnt get created

If you look at the Shipyard Tasks screen you will probably see that most of the tasks now show as "No Assginment " in the assigned fleet column.  You will get the error in create ship message every time one of these ships is completed.   

The only solution (without playing with Access or Steve rewiting the code to create a new fleet where the original one is not there) is to use the Fast OB creation every time one of these ships completes (you can get details of the ship from the event log as you showed above) to recreate the unit record.  Oh and make sure you create a new default fleet for any new construction from now on...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:44:50 AM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2011, 07:41:40 AM »
Zim : yes that's what i did.

Actually the way my fleet was deleted was as follows : i was building engineless mining stations, and my tug tractored them directly from the default fleet.
Thing is, doing this actually "absorb" the tractor target into the Tug fleet, resulting in an empty source fleet ... which then goes poof.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2011, 07:49:21 AM »
I did pretty much exactly the same thing! :-[
Slàinte,

Mike

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
Zim : yes that's what i did.

Actually the way my fleet was deleted was as follows : i was building engineless mining stations, and my tug tractored them directly from the default fleet.
Thing is, doing this actually "absorb" the tractor target into the Tug fleet, resulting in an empty source fleet ... which then goes poof.

For the next version, I have added some code to check that a task group in which the last ship is tractored is not the target of a shipyard task. If it is, the fleet is not deleted.

Steve

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2011, 08:54:22 AM »
I thought I had fixed this particular bug for v5.50. Please can you confirm you are definitely using the latest version?

Steve

Definetly using 5.51. I backed up the database with the TG in question executing its route in case you want to look at it?

*edit*
Woops, updating to 5.52 and checking~

*edit2*
Updated to 5.52 and the TG still jumps to the primary star instead of the LP. Deleted all orders of said TG and queue them up again, bug still occuring.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:04:17 AM by Vynadan »