Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 87398 times)

Offline Herode

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:13 AM »
It is launching the System View (F9) window. I can't figure out why the F2 window is moving to the front after the F9 window is launched though. I am working on it :)

Steve
Same bug applies in the F3 screen. NB : I'm answering here to take advantage of the quote but I still play in 5.42 so accept my apologizes if my "bug report" is already obsolete.

So : F3 screen, click on the Military tab on the left panel : the fleets wanadering in the current system are displayed as a tree view. Expand the node, click a Fleet node : the F12 window set with the fleet flashes on the screen front then is repelled to the bottom. Same behaviour whith the Ship window when you click on a Ship node.

Offline Shemar

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »
Regarding the officer's screen bug.  .  . 

Disclaimer: I have not used the 5.  5 version but I have seen it in my current version as well.   Also I do not have the game in front of me so I have to be descriptive rather than accurate.   Apologies if I waste your time with things you already know. 

To me it appears that when you select an officer from the search by attribute screen (on the right) and the game attempts to auto-select their current rank and position in the relevant lists, the entry it is trying to select is missing from said lists.   Since that never happens when the officer is selected from the rank list (on the left), I am guessing that either the ranks list (top left) or positions list (middle) is not updating properly before the game attempts to make the proper selection. 

Again apologies if I am just stating the obvious. 

Offline user-unknown

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2011, 02:17:38 PM »
For some reason all my ships have the same ABR, regardless of their class size.

The ABR is modified by the racial shipbuilding technology, but besides that I can not change it.

I am playing a game with an unmodified database, most recent version. I am running without starting NPR's and with two player races. One on Earth like default, the other on a system I created using SM mode.

It is really annoying to have to wait for colony ships for over eight years.

Edit: I started the game (for both races) at a conventional start. I wanted to start without shipyards, but it gave me one anyways. I deleted the starting shipyards using the SM SY mod option. It might be related to the problem.

I'm still having the same problem in 5.52 - my 'normal' colony ships (45k tons, ~1800BP for colony ships) are  building at a very slow rate and are predicted to take about 8 years to complete.  Checking against my old 5.42 game where I had pretty much the same design and tech level, it should be taking nearer 2?

EDIT: Yes,  ship design screen shows 2.3 years predicted.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:20:57 PM by user-unknown »

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »

The game is spitting out one of these errors every time increment right now, I have no warships so it is coming from an NPR. There's a battle somewhere, time increments have lowered to 10 seconds.

Newest patch. 5.52.

Offline Caesar

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »
I'm still having the same problem in 5.52 - my 'normal' colony ships (45k tons, ~1800BP for colony ships) are  building at a very slow rate and are predicted to take about 8 years to complete.  Checking against my old 5.42 game where I had pretty much the same design and tech level, it should be taking nearer 2?

EDIT: Yes,  ship design screen shows 2.3 years predicted.

I am also still having the same problem.

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2011, 03:36:14 AM »
Code: [Select]
IN the Leaders screen I often get some errors when clicking on a leader in the "search by ability or location" list.
Title : Error in grdSorted_SelChange

Regarding the above , it seems to be doing it when i click (always in the right ability-filtering most panel) on the first officer of a given rank.

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2011, 03:43:24 AM »
NOt sure if it's a bug, but I've started using Asteroid miners and Terraforming stations, and their commanders don't seem to improve their abilities (as Surveying or Jump gate construction ships do) through practicing.

Is that expected ?

Offline Black Rabbit

• Petty Officer
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2011, 04:42:50 AM »
Re: Extended shipbuilding times

I'm noticing the longer ship build times too, so I decided to test it by creating two new games, one in 5.42 and one in 5.52.  In both games, I started conventional with all other settings default, including the date (1 Jan 2025), and gave myself:

Shipbuilding tech 560
Propulsion up to Ion Pulse drive and 0.8 efficiency
Cryogenic Transport
High Density Duranium Armor
Cargo Handling System
 (along with prerequisite techs for these)

I then designed a simple colony ship with 10 cryogenic transports, 20 commercial IP engines, 3 crew quarters, 3 cargo handling systems, and the rest default, weighing in at 51,650 tons.

I created a 65000-ton commercial shipyard with 5 slipways, and set it to build 5 of them.

Version 5.42 completion date: 22 Sep 2026
Version 5.52 completion date: 6 Mar 2031

If there's some dispositive difference in my two basic setups of which I'm not aware that could occur with the default Terran Federation setup, my apologies.  But it definitely struck me in my ongoing conventional-start game that my first simple troop transports (for engineer brigades) are taking 4 years instead of 1.5 or 2.

Hope that helps, and apologies if it's duplicative or otherwise unhelpful.

(Edited: small correction.)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:44:26 AM by Black Rabbit »

Offline Vynadan

• Lt. Commander
  • V
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2011, 08:02:59 AM »
Having an asteroid miner join a TG on an asteroid doesn't add his orbital mining modules to the count in the F2 window, nor do the mining rates go up although it's in orbit. One needs to remove the entire TG from the asteroid and let them fly back into orbit for the modules to be accounted for.
Having a terraformer join a fleet in orbit of a planet instantly adds its modules to the count, so I think it's an oversight with orbital mining modules?

I can also second that building commercial ships takes years longer than in previous versions, F2 and F5 counts don't macht. Building military vessels seems to work just fine.
*edit*
Researching the shipbuilding rate tech increased the ABR for all shipyards. The civilian (3 shipyards of 100k tons each) went from ~450 to 666 ABR on researching shipbuilding rate 1300 BP, so I guess the tech works just fine. A 12k ton military shipyard shows an ABR of 2265 and a commercial 100k ton of 666 - considering the sizes I guess the commercial ABR should be way higher?
Perhaps this occurance goes hand in hand with the exact class size / speed calculation bug in the initial 5.5 version as it only affects commercial ships again?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:18:54 AM by Vynadan »

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »
Been getting a "error in GetMaxPotentialSensorRange" , Overflow for a few turns (once per time advancing).
I had got several "error in ObserveJumpPoint" before that

Offline Whivy

• Leading Rate
  • W
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
Hi, using 5,52  

Got an annoying bug with my troop transport:
Code: [Select]
Oregon mk2 class Troop Transport    12,200 tons     201 Crew     402.4 BP      TCS 244  TH 750  EM 0
3073 km/s     Armour 1-47     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 21    Max Repair 40 MSP
Troop Capacity: 2 Battalions    Cargo Handling Multiplier 15    

TGBT-25V Ion Engine (5)    Power 150    Fuel Use 8%    Signature 150    Armour 0    Exp 1%
Fuel Capacity 100,000 Litres    Range 184.4 billion km   (694 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

Do i lack something? for a reason, it doesn't want to pick up troops.       Whenever i click on the troops name in the load troop in transport bay order, nothing happen.       I think it's a bug since i saw other design for transport which are quite the same (i may be wrong though).     
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 01:00:16 PM by Whivy »

Offline Thibaut

• T
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2011, 12:58:43 PM »
some troops (brigades) take 5 space in cargo, were you trying to load these ?

Offline Whivy

• Leading Rate
  • W
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2011, 01:01:55 PM »
I was trying to load pretty much anything, i tried on every troops we got from start (it's just to show some protection on Mars) but my double-click just seem not to respond  :-\

Offline user-unknown

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2011, 01:18:10 PM »
Does it work if you select the troop then click 'Add Move'?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2011, 01:52:14 PM »
Yes, double clicking on troops (or teams or ship components (anything that uses the second window for selecting a specific item) for that matter) doesn´t work. You have to select the troop and click "Add Move"
Ralph Hoenig, Germany