Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 87328 times)

Offline Marc420

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2011, 03:05:19 PM »
Code: [Select]
Error 9 was generated by Aurora
Subscript out of range

Mostly happens once (well, a pair of exceptions) every time I press the 5 day time advance button.   Did put it on AutoTurn to get past something somewhere else far, far away in the galaxy that was causing interrupts, and that did cause several of these exceptions on that day.   Generally get two of these back to back everytime I press the 5-day button.

Sorry, can't tell you much more than that.   If possible, I'd like to know what's causing this.  Mainly just trying to figure out if its something important going wrong with my (very early, just put a mine on the moon) empire, or whether I can just ignore this as its no big deal and effects some AI player far, far, away.   ;)

Hope this isn't a duplicate report.  I did try searching on Error 9, but didn't find anything in this thread.   Save of the db available if you need it.   I just installed on a new hard-drive, so this should be an up-to-date 5. 52.   

Offline Paul

• Chief Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2011, 07:53:52 PM »
Another one related to PDCs.

If you dock a damaged ship in a PDC you get this:

Error in DamageControl
Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

I tried adding both maintenance storage and damage controls, it didn't change anything.

Oh, just to clarify - you dock the ship, then wait. It tries to repair the ship and throws that error.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:57:13 PM by Paul »

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »
v 5.52

I'm fairly certain that alien artifacts trade goods are entirely broken.  In a previous post, http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,3895.msg39417.html#msg39417, I noted that under a certain circumstance the colony was not producing goods.  A second colony is also not producing these goods, and I used SM mode to generate a new ruin, rediscover it, and the colony STILL does not produce alien artifacts.

HOWEVER
there is anomalous behavior:
The shortfall and Import requirement tabs have different numbers, and the import requirement is in parentheteticals on the producing planet.  It seems like some minimal amount of demand is being met throughout the empire, but I still show zero production and my ships are not moving artifacts.

Offline Sloshmonger

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #243 on: September 10, 2011, 01:29:02 AM »
It appears that black holes do not pull ships in when a task force is out of fuel, so long as that task force's "speed" is kept above the threshold.  Instead, it the task force just sits still.

Setting the speed to 1 changes the task force's fate to doom, as beftting a task force dumb enough to not manage it's own fuel.... like it's my job to do that.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #244 on: September 10, 2011, 04:44:33 PM »
Fleet speed change on Task Force training

A minor issue.  If a military station is attached to a commercial tug, and set to task force training, the TG will set its speed to 1 km/s.

Offline Lost Wookie

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #245 on: September 10, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
Error just experienced in v5. 5. 2:

Error in GetSystemThemeName
Error 3075 was generated by DAO. Database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Name = 'Kol'tsovo' and RaceID = 1081'

Came up on advancing time (30 day increment).  Hit 'OK' and got this next:

Error 3420 was generated by DAO. Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

This error came up twice and then time advanced normally.  Created a database backup if desired.  Next turn advanced normally so it seems I can continue playing this campaign. 

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2011, 09:44:17 PM »
I think the most major bug is the CheckForRuins bug, I think it happens when ever there is any combat within a system that has a ruin, and its making it nearly imposible to play

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2011, 09:51:05 PM »
Error just experienced in v5. 5. 2:

Error 3075 was generated by DAO. Database
Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'Name = 'Kol'tsovo' and RaceID = 1081'

Came up on advancing time (30 day increment).  Hit 'OK' and got this next:

Error 3420 was generated by DAO. Recordset
Object invalid or no longer set

This error came up twice and then time advanced normally.  Created a database backup if desired.  Next turn advanced normally so it seems I can continue playing this campaign. 

That's the quote in the name. If you have the DB password, you can take it out or replace it with the reverse quote (`)

Offline backstab

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #248 on: September 13, 2011, 12:36:36 AM »
I don't know if this is a bug or what but if you start out Pre-TN, you can not build any Low Tech Infantry / Armour Divisions
Move foward and draw fire

Offline Lucifer

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2011, 10:21:29 AM »
That is my very first campaign, a pre-TN one.
I still have to research the technology to build land troops. 
It seems to be designed this way now.
Regards.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2011, 12:39:18 PM »
While it is easy to use civilian orders to move 250 mines to an asteroid, it is not so easy to get the civilians to pick up said mines.  There may be an issue with civ orders logic when the civilian craft are not en route to or in orbit of the "pick up" target.

>Edit in response to questions below:

The supply is set to be an automated asteroid mine, no population, and the destination is an automated planet mine in the same system, no population.  Its sol, and ships are flying right by the asteroid.  I eventually moved them by hand.  I've noticed this behavior many times.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:04:33 PM by Thiosk »

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
While it is easy to use civilian orders to move 250 mines to an asteroid, it is not so easy to get the civilians to pick up said mines.  There may be an issue with civ orders logic when the civilian craft are not en route to or in orbit of the "pick up" target.

Have you got the correct conditions for the Civies to want to fulfill the contract?

- The pickup and dropoff points need to be withing 4 jumps of each other.
- All the JPs need gates on both ends.
- If there are shorter trade runs nearby then the Civies seem to go for them, until the destination's population increases it seems.
- There has been no combat in a system that the Civies will need to move through.

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
Edit - Made a mistake, no bug  :-[
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:29:21 PM by HaliRyan »

Offline Lost Wookie

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2011, 07:27:41 PM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=3895. msg39718#msg39718 date=1315882265
That's the quote in the name.  If you have the DB password, you can take it out or replace it with the reverse quote (`)

Thanks Eric.  Good to know it's a minor issue.

Offline Lost Wookie

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #254 on: September 13, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
So, in my current 5. 5. 2 campaign, I've been recovering installations from a ruin.  My engineers just discovered several Stellarator Fusion Reactor Technology ship components, one level ahead of my current reactor technology.  I dispatched one of my freighter fleets to pick up these components and also instructed them to load a Jump Gate Construction Module (120), a 20cm C4 laser and 2 automated mines.  I knew I didn't have capacity for this cargo but didn't know how much space the components would occupy and so I deliberately ordered an overload to fill the freighters.  The buggy part: when I got the "Intrafreight: Sol 003 failed to load .  .  .  " in my events log and brought up the task group to see how much I had loaded, the fleet was carrying 35x Stellarator Fusion Reactor Technology PB-1 and 0. 5x Jump Gate Construction Module 120.  The fleet consisted of 5 freighters with 5 cargo holds each and I had -21250 cargo space available out of 125,000 available cargo space. 

Seems to me I shouldn't be carrying more cargo than I can hold.  Seems to Aurora as well, as when I select the fleet and choose the "Unload Ship Component" option in the Task Group window I get this error:

Error in cmdAdd
Error 381 was generated by Aurora
Invalid property array index

Clicked OK and assigned the unload cargo order anyway.  Told my fleet to drop off the jump gate components on the planet with the ruins and advanced time by 1 day.  My event log reports "Intrafreight Sol 003 failed to drop off components on .  .  .  Please reschedule orders .  .  . ".  It seeems I can't unload the fleet due to its negative available cargo space status. 

Questions: Is there any way to unload this fleet? Is there a SM option to delete cargo from the fleet? Other methods to recover from this error without losing the fleet/reactor technology?