Author Topic: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread  (Read 87402 times)

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Official v5.50 Bugs Thread
« Reply #255 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:12 PM »
Try the "unload all installations" command.
This used to work with partial loads in prior versions
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2011, 01:00:06 AM »
Hmmm got a strange one....

Transferd thrue a alien gate in Sol to Wolf 1061, only a star no planets so I jumped back again to Sol, task force were ordered to Earth to refuel, about seven days later a huge ships transfer into Sol via the same Gate, it shows up as red... Getting closer to it and I find outs it about 200000 tons big but I cant shoot at it, never shows up in combat assignments... A day later a new ship appears, 1000 km/s... (Maybee a Star Swarm Queen)

Cant attack it.... Moves to MARS!?! and are now sitting above Mars doing nothing....... Anyone knows if its a bug or something els.... Checking the Diplomacy they were neutrals.... Not anymore trying to kill them before they do any significant damage to me.

By SMing it its Star Swarms
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline deoved

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • d
« Reply #257 on: September 15, 2011, 08:39:17 AM »
Hmmm got a strange one....

Transferd thrue a alien gate in Sol to Wolf 1061, only a star no planets so I jumped back again to Sol, task force were ordered to Earth to refuel, about seven days later a huge ships transfer into Sol via the same Gate, it shows up as red... Getting closer to it and I find outs it about 200000 tons big but I cant shoot at it, never shows up in combat assignments... A day later a new ship appears, 1000 km/s... (Maybee a Star Swarm Queen)

Cant attack it.... Moves to MARS!?! and are now sitting above Mars doing nothing....... Anyone knows if its a bug or something els.... Checking the Diplomacy they were neutrals.... Not anymore trying to kill them before they do any significant damage to me.

By SMing it its Star Swarms

Oh, man, they began deconstruction of the Solar System!

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2011, 01:53:26 AM »
Active sensor range is still displayed even if the component is destroyed

Destroyed, uncrewed, or otherwise incapacitated... you still see it displayed on the map, but ships don't show up for daddy.

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • w
« Reply #259 on: September 17, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »
Few minor bugs, tried searching the forums and didn't see them listed already.

• Officer updates always say "he" even if the officer is female
  • Tooltip for the "Enhanced Radiation" modifer for a missile displays the Laser Warhead text
  • Civilian ship names still take up space on the system map if set to hide resulting in large gaps between my ships.
  • Distance circle disappears after a time increment but remains set to the previous distance.   To redisplay you have to change the distance (and then but it back)

Offline Lost Wookie

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
Quote from: Hawkeye link=topic=3895. msg39771#msg39771 date=1315972512
Try the "unload all installations" command.
This used to work with partial loads in prior versions

Still works, unloaded my negative capacity fleet.  Thanks.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
It looks like there may be an issue with the starting ground forces code. 

I modified the Tech System table in the database per the discussion in the suggestions thread for the StartingSystem flag for Repalcement, Garrison, and MobileInfantry from No to Yes.  Started a new game and my player race has the starting ground units I would normally expect in pre v5.5x versions of Aurora.

I don't know if anyone has experienced this with unmodified databases.  If I hadn't been specificly check for the effects of my DB change I'm not sure I'd have noticed. 
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
I believe I have run down the elusive 'Engineering Brigades don't function as Construction Factories unless there is at least one actual CF on the colony' bug:  the 1 CF-equivalent of the Eng Bgd is being multiplied by the 0 people employed as Factory workers (when 50,000 are expected) resulting in a total output of 0.

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2011, 07:36:46 AM »
I'm getting a popup in .  52, "Error in MissileGeoSurvey", throwing a 3201 by DAO.  Recordset. 

It seems to be related to a drone I fired at a planet which dropped a geo survey buoy. 

EDIT: Seems related to the fact that the buoy doesn't seem to orbit with the planet, so it sometimes just floats in space without the planet below it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:38:33 AM by Havear »

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »
I'm getting a popup in .  52, "Error in MissileGeoSurvey", throwing a 3201 by DAO.  Recordset. 

It seems to be related to a drone I fired at a planet which dropped a geo survey buoy. 

EDIT: Seems related to the fact that the buoy doesn't seem to orbit with the planet, so it sometimes just floats in space without the planet below it.

To avoid this, click on the planetary body in the system view, you want to sent your buoy to. Then open the waypoint menue and hit the "Last" button. This will put the waypoint in orbit of the planet, so it will allways stay on top of the planet. If you just place the waypoint with the "Add" command, the planet will wander away from the waypoint on its path around its star.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2011, 10:13:43 AM »
At the time the buoy arrived and deployed, the planet was still under the waypoint.  In any event, still, it's a bug that it doesn't know what to do with this.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2011, 10:55:11 AM »
Using v5.52.

Do not know if this is a bug or WAD but I had a 4000 kps survey vessel encounter a class IV Black Hole.
Thus the vessel could not escape from the Black Hole and eventually used up its fuel and was pulled to the centre of the system. However then the time increments became 5 second pulses with messages stating that the survey vessel had run out of fuel and could not complete its orders. To overcome this impasse I destroyed the vessel myself and am now left with a wreck symbol at the Black Hole.

It has been mentioned by Steve that when a vessel is pulled into the Black Hole it is immediately destroyed and disappears without leaving a wreck  but this did not seem to happen with me.

DavidR

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #267 on: September 21, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »
Using v5.52.

Do not know if this is a bug or WAD but I had a 4000 kps survey vessel encounter a class IV Black Hole.
Thus the vessel could not escape from the Black Hole and eventually used up its fuel and was pulled to the centre of the system. However then the time increments became 5 second pulses with messages stating that the survey vessel had run out of fuel and could not complete its orders. To overcome this impasse I destroyed the vessel myself and am now left with a wreck symbol at the Black Hole.

It has been mentioned by Steve that when a vessel is pulled into the Black Hole it is immediately destroyed and disappears without leaving a wreck  but this did not seem to happen with me.

DavidR

The black hole didn't destroy the vessel, you did. So there is a wreck. I don't recall if wrecks move or not, but if they do the wreck should get consumed by the black hole at some point.

Offline USS America

• Leading Rate
« Reply #268 on: September 21, 2011, 11:44:39 AM »
Quote from: Klapaucius87 link=topic=3895. msg38575#msg38575 date=1313781289
Can't change any planet: not earth with 1400m ppl, not mars with 240m, not venus with 1,5 m.
Whenever i change it it simple switch back to default once i change screen.

I'm also seeing this on 5. 52.   I'm trying to change my small colony on Mars to "Stable" so the civilians will ship colonists to Alpha Centauri, but it always resets to "Destination. " 

Also, when a new system is discovered I can't get it to display on the F9 screen without closing it and reopening it.
Mike

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #269 on: September 21, 2011, 12:29:18 PM »
A colony is automatically a destination until it has 25 million blokes on it-- working as intended.