Author Topic: The Galaxy Awaits ... Choose Your Path!  (Read 104282 times)

Offline Bryan Swartz (OP)

• Captain
  • B
Re: The Galaxy Awaits ... Choose Your Path!
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2013, 03:05:10 AM »

Mining Expansion

Jan. 6th – First mine becomes operational on Comas Sola.  

March – Machholz reaches aphelion at nearly 900m km and is headed back to earth.  The standing orders are for shipments to go to whichever comet is closer, which for a while will still be Comas Sola(in the midst of the asteroid belt and still incoming, a little less than half as far).  

Earth

June 21st – Tod & MacGregor has expanded it’s slipways as needed to handle the Fletcher II freighters.  The process of retooling for the massive ships is now underway, and the first will not be ready to begin construction until next April.  It’s been a much longer process than expected.  

Research & Development

July – Long-standing research into Shipyard Operations is completed(Dr. Deacon Palmer).  Dr. Wayne Sabagh gets to work another basic combat advancement, Infrared Lasers.  

September 27Dr. Everette Snuggs’ team completes research on Replacement Battalion.  Dr. Harlan Welle gets his first assignment, Magazine Ejection Systems.

** Karabishi Juishao has unfortunately been surpassed by this recruit.  It is likely she will remain without work unless missile technology becomes a major need.  Welle has a 15% skill bonus, Juishao 10%.  

Sol Survey Efforts

August – Another asteroid reveals high-accessibility duranium in the amount of 133.2kt, reported by the Amerigo Vespucci.  That’ll definitely be one to mark for the future, espescially if engines can allow shipping of mines that far outsystem in a reasonable time frame.  2005 UQ513 is a rock 6.5b km out, or a bit farther than Pluto.  This is the largest duranium discovery in the system five times over – no other deposit is over 25kt.    

October – Not to be outdone by the find of the AV a few months ago, the Lief Ericson reports the best asteroid deposit yet on 2004 XA192.  191kt of duranium, more than 50% more than the last discovery, and another 40kt in less needed minerals has been confirmed there.  It’s 5.4b distant, about a billion km closer as well which is far from insignificant.  

Summary

It was a relatively quiet year.  The continued progress on the survey front was one of two primary news pieces.  Several orbital and ground surveys were completed, though the teams haven't found anything new in two years, so their progress is really more a matter of beauracratic paperwork at this point.  36 of 62 deposits have been followed up on.  Most of the dwarf planets, including Pluto, have now been found to be barren.  Only 28 asteroids(5.3%) have yet to be scanned, several of which are in the extreme 10b km+ range, along with a pair of dwarf planets and the four super-long-period comets.  The information-gathering phase of our system is very rapidly coming to a close.  

The second development was that the fledgling mining colony on Comas Sola is now up and running.  There are 6+ mining complexes now operational, a bit more than on Venus which makes it the largest off-world operation.  The current yield of nearly half a kiloton is substantial, but much more is needed.  This is still but a few percent of what Earth churns out(11+kt annually), but the clock is ticking quickly and the lion’s share of the neutronium and corundium currently being produced comes from Comas Sola.  The comet is now outbound between Mercury and Venus orbit, with enough time left to probably set up another couple of mines before the FT Victoria switches over to Machholz, currently somewhat inside Jupiter orbit.  In the longer-range picture, long-period comets Crommelin(15.9kt duranium, tons of tritanium, smaller amounts of corundium and others) and Stephan-Oterma(25.3kt duranium, best of anything within range, and ?9kt neutronium) are incoming between Neptune and Saturn orbit, 2b km or so out.  The race is on to see if any of the Fletcher II freighters will be ready in time to get significant amounts of mines onto them ...

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2013, 07:36:31 PM »
?Cmdr. Ken McKay – 15th out of 17 ... being a member of the top geology team has not proved a career boon, at least so far.
Cmdr. Sam Baker – Lately of the Marc Aaronson which was recently scrapped, he is currently awaiting his next assignment.
Lt. Cmdr. Roger Wilco – 6th out of 51.  Holding steady at not-quite-accomplished-enough for a command status.  There were a number of talented recruits in the past year complicating ambitions.
Lt. Cmdr. Jay Cin II – 26th
Lt. Cmdr. Jedidiah Thone – 44th ... it’s not looking good here.
Lt. Cmdr. Saburo Matsumoto – 19th

Col. Benjamin Berkeley – 4th out of 19.  The top half of the army officers corps has remained very steady for quite some time. 

Herman Fox(3) – Governor of the comet Schaumasse, a less and less important post as time goes on, but he’s improved himself there. 

Karabishi Juishao – No assignment, and none likely in the near future. 

Offline Brainsucker

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • B
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2013, 04:47:39 AM »
What is not enough from Roger Wilco? He did everything he could to get his own ship. What did he lack from taking his own command?

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
Ha! I hope Herman will live long enough to take charge of a extrasolar colony one day. The improvements are also a nice touch. Maybe a nice Waterworld could be his next assignment?

Herman sees the post on Schaumasse as pit-stop essentially - a stone of proof if you will. He does his best and works hard with a small handpicket staff to increase output as good as possible.
At the same time he rallies for the quick development of jump-point theory as well as better mining robots to sharpen his profile as forward looking but solid politician. Maybe with an inofficioal private dinner here and there ;) (face it as governor i get paid for this kind of stuff)

@Brainsucker

I think the problem is the lack of available ships. The situation should be better once Bryan gets to gravsurvey-ships. If there are jump-points the Military will surely reconsider and build more ships.
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2013, 08:00:31 PM »
What Heph said on ship commands.  You have to be really good to get a command right now because there is like a 10:1 officer:ship ratio.  Being born at the wrong time of history and all that.  50 years from now(assuming we aren't all dead) I expect that situation will have changed significantly. 

Sometimes doing your best isn't good enough.  Other times, even succeeding isn't good enough, as one of your comrades found out this year ...

Commissioned Officers

?JanuaryJay Cin II improves his political connections from negligible to still poor(5%). 

February – 12 naval and three army officers fired.  Among them are two who most definitely were given assignments(even though the game thinks they weren’t): one was Cmdr. Sam Baker.  He’d only been without assignment for a few months, but Aurora says 7+ years. *Boggle*

I’ll need to watch this – had I known that would happen I would have been more aggressive in giving him the command of a more ‘junior’ officer instead of waiting for them to come back for shore leave(my preferred method).  My best guess as to the reason is that when the ship was
scrapped, it also scrapped the assignment from their ‘history’?  This is suggested by the fact that both Essex commanders are the ones who were prematurely ‘retired’.  In this case I can just wait to scrap the ships until reassignment in the future, if I remember.

OctoberKen McKay’s political reliability is reaching significant heights now(15%).

Earth

April – A ninth research laboratory is completed on Earth.  A record seventh concurrent project is begun, this one under Dr. Edward Groat(his first assignment) is the final in the recent series of basic combat projects, Duranium Armor for use on starships as a better defensive material.

April 20th – Construction of the first in the Fletcher II freighter class begins at the Tod & Macgregor Shipyard.  It is expected to be finished around Christmas. 

November – A new civilian shipping firm has been formed(to do what, I have no idea): Jensrud Transport and Trading.           

December 25 – Two days late, the FT Venus is christened on Christmas Day.  Commander Chong Vaugh, a new star on the horizon, is named her commander – he was just promoted from LTC in the past week, knocking Tell Perj Jr a peg down the order of seniority.  Rumor has it Perj is not taking it well, to put it mildly. 

The Venus gets to work immediately assisting the Victoria in the task of hauling mines to Machholz.  The Tod & Macgregor Shipyard gets to work immediately building another, but this will immediately multiply the speed of mining expansion ...

Immediately the effect of the new cargo handling systems are obvious, as what takes the Victoria almost a week to unload is done in less than a day. 

Off-World Mining

May – The final delivery has been made to Comas Sola, leaving the comet with 10 operational mines.  A mass driver and follow-up mines will be sent to Machholz for the rest of the year’s shipping activity via the Victoria.  Comas Sola is expected to deliver 700 tons a year overall, and the corundium it produces will be enough to convert one new mine annually.  It’s a start, albeit a very modest one.   In August, the mass driver on Machholz became operational.

Research & Development

December 11thDr. Wayne Sabagh’s team completes research on Infrared Laser.  Pioneer Deacon Palmer takes on a most important project, one which more labs will be allocated to over time but he’ll begin with just one.  He’s been tasked with finding ways to improve the production of our mines.  Nothing could be of more immediate value.  Meaningful results will take over seven years without further support though, by which time the usefulness of it will have been somewhat diminished. 

SUMMARY

It was a quiet year in surveys with the work nearly done.  Another four ground team surveys were completed, bringing the total to 40 with 22 remaining.  Both of the Essex Iix’s are en route to super-distant asteroids(12b km and up) with 6.5b now the limit at which everything has been scanned.  Only 8 asteroids, the four longest-period comets, and the two most remote dwarf planets remain.  Their results are more of a scientific curiosity than anything else at this point. 

The focus has switched firmly to the mining efforts.  Crommelin and Stephan-Oterma are still outside Saturn orbit, making Machholz still the target for now.  It has nearly two mines operational and is just about to clear the asteroid belt.  With the Venus now in service, it will not be long before that increases dramatically. 

Corundium production is the most important economic indicator right now.  It stands at 117 tons annually, enough to convert about 1.5 mines to their automated variants.  Two thirds of this comes from Comas Sola.  It will still be three-to-four years before Earth’s supply of corundium runs out, so that’s the window we have to get a bigger flow going.  Right now, the stockpile of automated mines is at 28 and has gradually grown, but the Venus is expected to reverse that situation.  It has not yet been fully decided if the lastest freighter under construction will be the last or if more will be immediately required(likely). 

Money is not an issue, as it is increasing faster than we have the resources to spend it.  About 60% goes into the treasury each year at this point.  There is less than 2.4kt corundium and 2.7kt neutronium remaining, and those remain the crucial factors in the expansion. 

Offline OAM47

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2013, 11:36:39 PM »
Your guess seems about right.  I know there's a thing where the head of a set of staff officers doesn't count as assigned for the past however many years if you move them, be aware of that too.  I never really scrap my ships so I can't confirm if this is actually what happened though.

I guess I'll reroll then... put me back in as Alex Rossi.

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »
?2044

Research & Development

January 8th -- Dr. Cedrick Wormack announced that a smaller Engineering Section ship module had been built, allowing more efficient designs particularly of smaller-end vessels.  The lab was re-allocated to Palmer’s work on increasing mining output.

Feb. 16thDr. Sanko Matar’s team produced results detailing the possibility of engines with an additional 25% power, up to 150% possible now with new techniques.  Dr. Cedrick Wormacktakes the space and begins research into larger fuel storage tanks.

April 20 – Magazine Ejection System research completed by Dr. Harlan Welle and his team. The space is transferred to the Very Large Fuel Storage module project. 

Earth

January 28th -- The top-secret shipyard was completed, named the Wartsila A/B & O/Y.  I’m assuming that was merely an attempt to confuse.  It has a capacity for only 1000 tons, and begins expansion immediately to allow for a reasonably-sized ship should something be
required.     

April 1Voliva Carrier Company founded(commercial shipping line).  Civilians are coming out of the woodwork in a clear vote of confidence for the expansion efforts, but as yet there is really nothing for them to do so it’s a bit premature.            

May – Just under a year after the mining outpost was founded, Machholz has surpassed Comas Sola as the largest off-world venture with 10+ mines operational. 

July 27th – A 10th research lab is completed on earth.  The Jump Point Theory team gets a fourth complex to use, the most that has been devoted to any one project since Trans-Newtonian Technology nearly two decades ago.  Revised estimates indicate a final report can be accelerated a few months, due now in January of 2046. 

Early August – With over two dozen in place, mine transfers to Machholz are cut off prematurely, in an effort to preserve some to spread out to the other useful comets.

August 29 – The FT Hercules is completed at the Tod & MacGregor Shipyards, the second and for now final in the Fletcher II class.  Cmdr. Jung Besler, who has commanded the ST Vega for nearly eight years, is assigned as the best available experienced CO.   

It has also been determined that a significant flaw exists in the Hercules and Venus as currently constituted.  Namely, they are very short of fuel storage with the Venus having to refuel monthly.  A new design, unoriginally dubbed the Fletcher II-x, will have one less cargo handling system –
only one is needed to achieve loading within two days, a perfectly reasonable timeframe – and increase fuel storage 16 times over to 800,000 litres.  The new smaller engineering spaces will also be made use of to save on maintenance supply space.  The resulting ship is just a hair larger,
actually requires 12 less crew(105 compared to 117), loses less than 2% of it’s speed and has a range of over 33b km, effectively putting the entirety of the system within it’s range. 

The Venus is the first to undergo the refitting process, which will be set to begin next year.

Commissioned Officers

Mar. 12thKarabishi Juishao increases Administration rating to 5, allowing her to supervise effectively even more labs than don’t exist and therefore aren’t available for her use. 

Later in March -- LTC Alex Rossi commissioned
Fleet Movement Initiative: 175
Bonuses: Terraforming 20%, Xenology 15%, Logistics 10%
Personality Traits:  Disciplined, Dynamic, and Honest

Mid-December – Having turned to politics to increase his standing, LtC Roger Wilco now has considerable backing(political reliability 15%). 

Sol Survey Efforts

Eight bodies remain now, three asteroids, Sedna, and the four comets.  No new deposits were discovered this year, with eight more ground surveys bringing the total to 48 completed, 14 remaining on that front.

Mining Report

Off-world operations are significant enough now that it’s worth presenting an annual report on the state of things.  Each location will list the number of mines and type(standard or automated), the total yield, efficiency(minerals per mine per year), and the amount of corundium since that’s the most critical need right now.

Earth(249 standard/17 automated) – 8.44kt annual yield, 24t efficiency, 0 corundium
Machholz(0S/27.6A) – 1.92 kt yield, 63t eff, 213 corundium
Comas Sola(0S/10.2A) – 696t yield, 65t eff, 75 corundium
Venus(0S/6A) – 177t yield, 24t efficiency, 7 corundium
Schaumasse(0S/1.8A) – 80t yield, 36t efficiency, 22 corundium
Reinmuth(0S/1.8A) – 101t yield, 47t efficiency, 0 corundium

From this it is clear that getting mines off of Earth and Venus as much as possible and to higher-efficiency mining outposts will continue to be a productive endeavor.  New mine conversions can be queued up now at a little over four per year, and Earth still has 20 in the pipeline to be converted at this point, a year and a half worth. 

The top untapped known sources, in terms of mining efficiency(min. 50t) are:

Swift-Tuttle(71t, 4.36kt corundium) – A long-period comet that won’t be within reasonable range for decades. 
Wolf-Harrington(67t, 6.49kt corundium) – Previously overlooked because it lacks duranium, but this was probably short-sighted.  Wolf-Harrington is in position to be exploited immediately(280m km, well inside the asteroid belt) and will be added to the short-period comet list along with Comas Sola and Machholz. 
Crommelin(66t, 3.18kt corundium) – This incoming comet will be exploited in the next few years.
Neujmin(59t, 1.42kt corundium) – Incoming on a similar vector and distance to Crommelin, it will be exploited as well.  Both are about 1.6b km out at this point.   
Borrelly(58t, 0 corundium)
Van Biesbroeck(55t, 0 corundium) – We’ll keep an eye on this pair, but for now are focusing soley on corundium sources.
Herschel-Rigolet(54t, 9.88kt corundium) – Another long-period comet that can’t be reached efficiently.
Halley’s Comet(51t, 0 corundium) – Very long-range, and has only neutronium out of the big three. 

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
2045 Election

11 of the 18 career politicians were able to stand for the Director of Space/Governor of Earth combo, but it pretty much came down the same as four years ago with incumbent Herbert Duling a slight favorite over India Rakes(Governor of Venus).  There was a wild card this time around with long-shot Herman Fox(Governor of Schaumasse) also making it to the final ballot.  It was closer than in 2041, but Duling again wins with 40.7% of the vote, 36.2% chose Rakes, and a respectable showing by Fox with the remaining 23.1% in a distant third.  

The remaining posts were chosen by mining ability:

Machholz – India Rakes
Comas Sola – Herman Fox
Venus – Jarrett Hugh
Schaumasse – Damian Ackley
Reinmuth -- Larry Steckel

Cmdr. Ken McKay – 12th out of 17, laboring on the distant asteroid 1996 TQ66 with the Rater survey team
Lt. Cmdr. Roger Wilco – 5th out of 51
Lt. Cmdr. Jay Cin II – 20th
Lt. Cmdr. Jedidiah Thone – 40th
Lt. Cmdr. Saburo Matsumoto – 15th
Lt. Cmdr. Alex Rossi – 48th

Col. Benjamin Berkeley – 5th out of 19; highly talented recruit Anton Engelhardt dropped him a spot this time around.

Herman Fox(3) – A bit of a promotion from Schaumasse to the more important comet Comas Sola.

Karabishi Juishao – zzzzz ..
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:59:49 AM by Bryan Swartz »

Offline GenJeFT

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2013, 04:22:45 PM »
Yay, my guy has moved up in the world. Probably wont help but oh well.

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2013, 06:52:08 PM »
Herman sat with the CEO of Voliva at the big table custom made from Schaumasses stone. Taking his glass up he toasted "Maybe next time." Some of his campaign-money went into founding this promising company, in turn he got a huge wave of PR.

Voliva could become an valueable asset, he pondered, and they had big plans. For example the ships build by Voliva could transport hardware to the mining outposts reducing the strain on the fleet. They even kept an eye on the recent mineral finds to determine good spots for a purely civilian operation.
What they lacked thought were skilled crews and captains. That was a problem he intended to get solved. Silently he clicked the sendbutton, mailing a list of recent military dropouts and decommisions to his buisnespartner.

Smiling he sat his glass down watching the window-sized display on his wall. Comas sola was a good spot and a step up, he thought as tanksized miners slowly rolled into few each carrying tons of raw ore for the smelters.

((seriosly what the hell? 20%+ ? )) 
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline Brainsucker

• B
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:17 PM »
Ah I got beaten by an NPC again, duh  :-[ I guess Roger Wilco won't command his own ship forever, just like Ling Hu Zhong.

Offline joeclark77

• Commander
  • j
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2013, 01:07:41 PM »
Re-introduce me as Warren Clark.  This is actually Joseph (who was discharged from the service for some reason) using his middle name to get back into space.  You might assign him to a civilian ship.

By the way, you ought to colonize the moon and mars, even if only by using the civilian lines (by commissioning them to ship infrastructure there).  This is good both from a role-playing perspective (it's economically feasible and people would want to do it) and from a gameplay perspective (flying back and forth to Luna gives your civilian lines a way to make lots of money and expand your economy).

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »

Earth

Director-Governor Duling began his second term by ordering a couple more mass drivers built to be ready when more comets came in range, and by sending all three freighters to Wolf-Harrington immediately to establish a new mining outpost there.  With two weeks, four mines were operational and a governor had been appointed – Francesco Alborn.  

Jan. 18th – Tod & MacGregor has retooled for the Fletcher II-x class, and the Venus begins it’s refit.  It’s a four-month process to make the necessary changes, mostly just adding the massive fuel storage.           

January – Two civilian colony ships, making it three with nowhere to go, launch on Earth.  At least the private sector has confidence that we’re going places ... sometime.  

March – With almost 10 operational mines, the Wolf-Harrington shipments are discontinued.  Earth is down to single digits in the automated mine stockpile, and considerable investments in Crommelin and Stephan-Oterma are desired when they approach as we won’t have a shot at them
again for a while.  That means we can’t spend all our mines elsewhere in the meantime.  

May 18th – The Venus finishes it’s refitting, and hilariously an auto-warning is dispatched to Fleet HQ that the ship has just over 4% of it’s fuel remaining.  Refueling requires half a year’s production from the refineries, but they’ve built up a considerable reserve and this is no problem.

A major announcement by Director Herbert Duling is of considerably more import.  In a globally televised address, he outlines a plan to colonize Titan, Saturn’s largest moon.  Arguing that this is a venture of vital importance, he stresses the sorium riches of Saturn itself and the strategic value(regardless of what happens with jump theory) of having a refueling and recuperation base outsystem as a bridge to developments in the Kuiper Belt region.  Titan is the most advanced potentially habitable location, and as such is best candidate for such an endeavour.  Duling also stresses the need for such a moderate-range colonization effort(Saturn is over a billion km away on closest approach) and the experience needed from it before any dreams of a future attempt to colonize other systems could possibly be entertained in the future.  He also calls on the civilian shipping firms to stand ready to aid in shipping the first wave of colonists -- they’ll need to do more than ‘aid’ in it, since the Spruance class was never produced –.   The Venus is loaded with infrastructure and sent to make preparations for an initial settlement, departing late on the 19th.  It’s nearly a month journey one way.  The potential for jobs on Titan drowns out concerns that SPACE is bowing to corporate pressure, at least for the moment.  

Meanwhile, the Hercules takes it’s turn getting the update to the II-x variant.  

June 18th – The first 10 infrastructure are off-loaded onto Titan.  This in itself means nothing – there’s 24 still sitting on Venus doing nothing.  SPACE officially designates it as a colonist destination and appoints as governor Sonny Dean, formerly in charge of Comas Sola.  As it is uncertain what, if anything, the civilians will do, the Spruance class is updated with the latest advances.  Designated the Spruance-B, the new design is just under 20k tons, requires 110 crew, and is just a hair slower than the Fletcher II’s at 501 km/s.  The main difference is that is has four engines instead of the original two, and more fuel for longer range and higher speed.  

The P&A Group Shipyard is just large enough to accomodate the design, but retooling alone will take over a year(and about 350 neutronium).  Still, it is considered worth the effort.  

July 14th – Jensrud Trading launches a large freighter ...

July – A new politician has emerged who will be one to watch: Alberto Eighmy has a wider variety of skills than anyone currently at SPACE, and is already being tapped by many as a future SPACE director.  

Sep. 18th – The Hercules has been refitted, and it promptly refuels and heads to Titan(via Venus first to scoop up the useless infrastructure there).  

October – Earth’s population reaches 800 million.  

December – Voliva sends a small colony ship to Titan ... the first human colonists are onboard.  The Spruance-B project will go forward as a learning exercise if nothing else, but history is in the making!  The estimated speed is 600-650 km/s, a little faster than our design.  These guys know what they are doing, that’s for certain.

Meanwhile, a new research lab is finished.  Dr. Everette Snuggs begins to use it for work on a tiny fuel storage tank, another option for fine-tuning esp. on smaller ships.  He’ll need more help on this down the line.  We’re now up to six ongoing research teams in 11 laboratory complexes.  

December 24th – It was quite the Christmas Eve, as the Lief Ericson reports high-accessibilty duranium on Sedna(the final dwarf planet to be surveyed, over 11b km distant) of 373kt!  Additionally, expansion of the Wartsila top-secret military shipyard is complete to 3000 tons, and
it awaits word from the Jump Theory team early next year on any new developments.

Research & Development

Jan. 18thDr. Edward Groat’s research team has completed the Duranium Armor project.  Dr. Santo Makar gets to work on a new effort to progress basic engine technology in the direction of lower-power, higher-efficiency possibilities.  

Commissioned Officers

February – This year’s involuntary terminations of service include LtC Roger Wilco and LtC Jay Cin II.  

JuneHerman Fox’s admin. rating is increased to four ...

OctoberBrandon Seymer, an unused scientist, was killed in an accident.  This is SPACE’s first untimely death in some years.  

November – A naval officer is the second in two months to die in strange circumstances, and conspiracy theorists abound ...

SUMMARY

At year’s end, we are less than a week away from the Voliva colony ship arriving at Titan ... less than two weeks away from a report by the Jump Theory research team.  Exciting events are(hopefully) imminent!

Crommelin has passed inside Saturn orbit, with 17 mines now waiting on earth for them to get a bit closer and 14 more in production.  Development on Wolf-Harrington has improved the supply situation somewhat.  
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 02:04:10 AM by Bryan Swartz »

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2013, 02:07:29 AM »
@joeclark 77:  How exactly would I go about assigning someone to a civilian ship?  I see no way to achieve that. 

Also, I don't think I agree that colonizing Mars and Luna makes sense from an RP perspective.  It's definitely economically viable and I can see the people would want to due it angle, but in what is more or less an economic crisis I think there needs to be some resource available to be exploited.  There needs to be a reason to go there.  The pro-con analysis pretty much ends up being:  should we build some expensive spaceships to go colonize a place so that we can have unemployed workers with nothing to do there and spend some of our duranium on infrastructure for the priviledge?  I think not, it's a 'bridge to nowhere' type of concept. 

Offline Brainsucker

• B
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2013, 02:54:17 AM »
seems that I wont get a chance to get a job whatever it is  :-[

ok put this in : Christopher Blair, nick name Maverick. A Naval Officer, Male.  Btw... is there a chance you will have fighter squadron in near future?