Author Topic: Change Log for v7.00 Discussion  (Read 30986 times)

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
Re: Change Log for v6.50 Discussion
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »
Steve, I like the new display wrecks option. Is there a similar option for anomalies? Or could there be an option to display them in the same box?

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2015, 09:36:35 AM »
So I just started a game and ran out of fuel in the Lord's year 2028.  I did put some additional fuel storages on the generated freighter designs, but still.  :(

6. 5 shall be most welcome.  :D

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »
You mining Sorium and have Fuel Refineries active? Or are you just using more that your producing (not meant to rhyme all the time [dangit])?
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »
Quote from: 83athom link=topic=7258. msg82130#msg82130 date=1445611441
You mining Sorium and have Fuel Refineries active? Or are you just using more that your producing (not meant to rhyme all the time [dangit])?

Aye to both of them.  Annual production 4m litres, game starts with 12m in the reserves, building refineries like there's no tomorrow.  Build some long range survey ships and that reserve is gone, at least if you just modify the generated ships. . .  They're set to be pretty fast and quick on the surveys.

I realized I've been on 6. 21 for some time (for some reason, I thought I had 6. 43 but I must have gotten the files confused), in the old game I expanded more agressively and didn't had any problems with fuel until I had colonies several jumps from Earth and had sorium harvesters sucking Jupiter dry.  Still learning tho, haven't played (that) many hours.  :)

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2015, 02:32:42 PM »
Don't use Military Engines for survey ships. Since they are almost always moving at top speed, they tend to guzzle a lot of fuel, so it's more important to have fuel efficiency than power. And since you don't need to carry nearly as much fuel, you can a same size ship almost as fast.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

Offline Frick

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2015, 11:13:23 AM »
Quote from: Din182 link=topic=7258. msg82135#msg82135 date=1445628762
Don't use Military Engines for survey ships.  Since they are almost always moving at top speed, they tend to guzzle a lot of fuel, so it's more important to have fuel efficiency than power.  And since you don't need to carry nearly as much fuel, you can a same size ship almost as fast.

Yeah I started to toy around with the ship designs and the pregenerated survey vessels were pretty inefficent it turned out.  :)

Anyway, another idea, or maybe it's already possible somehow: move between systems with double click on a jump point, if possible.  In the system map view I mean.  Easier than scrolling through the system list.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2015, 05:02:28 AM »
Quote from: Steve
I have added some extra columns to the SM Comparison window (which lists high level stats for player races).

Shipyard capacity is now split into Naval and Commercial, shipping tonnage is split into Naval, Commercial and Civilian, Fuel Refineries have been split out from factories and I have added a Fuel Stockpile column.

Should probably not be called "Naval Shipping Tonnage", but just "Naval Tonnage". Shipping suggests it's to do with just moving stuff from point A to B.

Might be the same for Commercial too ( since you can have a few other functions then shipping present here like geo survey and terraforming ).

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2015, 05:27:15 AM »
All of this is really good. Makes me wish we could play some beta version or something. The new interrupts.... and the new detection rules.... Fewer jump points per system... I'd really want them :P
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:31:20 AM by Zincat »

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2015, 10:46:25 AM »
Steve ,

Are NPR survivors , rescued by a player , all still classified as POW's , regardless of the relationship between the player and the NPR ?. Will there be any means to repatriate friendly survivors rather than keeping and interrogating them ?

DavidR

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2015, 12:14:51 PM »
Should probably not be called "Naval Shipping Tonnage", but just "Naval Tonnage". Shipping suggests it's to do with just moving stuff from point A to B.

Might be the same for Commercial too ( since you can have a few other functions then shipping present here like geo survey and terraforming ).

Good idea. Changed as suggested.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2015, 12:17:29 PM »
Steve ,

Are NPR survivors , rescued by a player , all still classified as POW's , regardless of the relationship between the player and the NPR ?. Will there be any means to repatriate friendly survivors rather than keeping and interrogating them ?

DavidR

I think they probably are classed as POWs. No way to repatriate at the moment - though it could be added.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2015, 05:33:11 AM »
I think they probably are classed as POWs. No way to repatriate at the moment - though it could be added.

I can confirm this time any pod rescued that is not of your own empire results in POW taken, regardless of your relations. I discovered this after trying to actually rescue a friendly NPR pod hoping to take the survivors home, to my surprise the chaps volunteered to work on my penal colony instead, perhaps the was a bout of El Nino back home and they didn' want to risk it.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2015, 06:16:44 AM »
I've rescued thousands of NPR crew and unloaded them at a colony, I couldn't see anything happening with them so I just added pop to the colony for the survivors.
However I've noticed I have 6421 crew available which seems rather excessive, perhaps maybe they are being rescued?
I have an academy level of 2, which grants 10 officers a year, my training level is set at 5 and I'm on year 12. I appear to be getting 9 crew per 5 days, which would give me something like 7500 crew since the game began. This fits in well with what I have, but it would be nice if rescued friendly or allied crew joined your officers, rescued hostiles becoming POWs. Neutrals joining your population maybe? Or maybe a chance of some joining your crew, or population, or POW depending on relations.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2015, 04:38:13 AM »
This fits in well with what I have, but it would be nice if rescued friendly or allied crew joined your officers, rescued hostiles becoming POWs. Neutrals joining your population maybe? Or maybe a chance of some joining your crew, or population, or POW depending on relations.

Adding to pop is probably not worth coding, alien officers or crew joining does sound awesome though.

Now we just need a reason to put scientists on ships aswell + a few bridge officers and we almost got ourself Star Trek  ;D

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2015, 06:33:39 AM »
Any idea when 6.50 will be released? sorry but I miss Aurora  :-\