Author Topic: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread  (Read 39333 times)

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
Re: v1.9.5 Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2020, 05:58:29 AM »
Alright that is all bugs sorted through up to here, am clocking off for the day, the other moderators will handle anymore for today.

Is this really true? for example I reported bugs on page 3 and page 5 which don't have any sort of reply yet.
On a related note, It would be nice if we could just see the confirmed bugs thread. Steve said this was possible in the confirmed vs possible bugs thread, but it hasn't happened yet.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2020, 06:11:19 AM »
Alright that is all bugs sorted through up to here, am clocking off for the day, the other moderators will handle anymore for today.

Is this really true? for example I reported bugs on page 3 and page 5 which don't have any sort of reply yet.
On a related note, It would be nice if we could just see the confirmed bugs thread. Steve said this was possible in the confirmed vs possible bugs thread, but it hasn't happened yet.

I meant for this page, if they havent been sorted in previous pages then I apologise but I was not looking over those and also the confirmed bugs thread is for us to send confirmed bugs with notes to steve about it, you can see the fixes in the patchnotes that get updated if its not in there it hasnt been fixed, and if you want to know confirmed bugs well this thread will have notations on ones that are and arent confirmed

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2020, 06:14:11 AM »
I granted myself at start 2500 RP and clicked on Construction 12 BP  (3000 points). I expected to have just 500 pts remaining to research, but the tech was fully granted ...

WAI/Not worth fixing
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 03:09:47 AM by Bughunter »

Offline raoulgamer

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2020, 07:17:42 AM »
The function number:  2169

The complete error text: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The window affected: Economics

What you were doing at the time: Qeueuing Tech

Conventional or TN start: Either

Random or Real Stars:
Either

Is your decimal separator a comma? Don't think this matters, but its a comma.

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?

Easy to reproduce, I'd include an image but I dont know how to on this forum, attachments seem useless.  Clicking inbetween Technology and any tech, there is a blank cell if you then click create Project or add to Queue.  Your game will continue to repeat the error message whenever you have the economics tab open. 

Saving and restarting doesn't help, which really sucked cause I was really going far in at the time.

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2020, 07:44:27 AM »

Is your decimal separator a comma? Don't think this matters, but its a comma.

Aurora is a hobby project coded for use on a UK computer. Therefore, you will need to change your decimal separator to a period, rather than a comma, for optimum performance. Otherwise you will suffer invalid string errors.

Offline raoulgamer

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • r
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »
The function number:  None

The complete error text: None

The window affected: Naval Organization

What you were doing at the time: Qeueuing Tech

Conventional or TN start: Either

Random or Real Stars: Etiher

Is your decimal separator a comma? Comma

Easy to reproduce.  Overhauling any military ship when No Maintenance Required is checked  in Game Information Tab.  Whenever you have a ship overhauling with Maintenance off, overhauling will never end and when trying to move the ship/fleet the message keeps popping up that your ships is overhauling and can't be given any commands. 

There is a workaround to it by toggling the setting for a bit moving the fleet out and then toggling it again.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2020, 07:55:18 AM »
I can begin ship construction while shipyard is retooling (a ship of the class that was set not the one the yard is retooling for) which on the one hand is logical but it was not possible in VB6 Aurora and as such I don't know if this is a bug or WAI.

Edit: Three more bugs, this time related to automatic fire control assignments. First multi-warhead anti-ship missiles were assigned to anti-missile launchers and fire controls. Second you can assign missiles to missile launchers that are too small to support those missiles. I have not tried to fire them however. Third the auto-assign FC appears to not split missile launcher between available fire controls instead assigning all to a single one (it does assign anti-missile launchers to anti-missile fire control but it assigns all anti-ship missile launchers to a single missile fire control despite the fact that two are available).

Edit 2: A colony gains unrest from radiation despite having no population.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 09:02:40 AM by Haji »

Offline Bughunter

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
  • Discord Username: Bughunter
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2020, 08:41:04 AM »
The function number: no error
The complete error text: no error
What you were doing at the time: unloading ordonance at Earth, changing ordonnance templates and then reloading at Earth
Is your decimal separator a comma? No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? one-off

A WTF bug :

The Aconit and Acnée missiles were never designed, nor named, nor anything. They are not supposed to exist. I was about when about to order my collier to reload at Earth, after messing with the templates, when I noticed it was already full by those strange missiles. Only one of the two fleet's collier had that issue, and I'm not sure what caused it.

Unloading the affected is impossible, as other fantomic missiles with different name will appear :

It is actually flooding my stockpiles :

DB : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZVAybIzPBaXj79iHhEMeWrroP0lBflSR/view?usp=sharing

You are getting alien missiles aboard your collier. I just have to ask, did you do any database editing or use any mods?
Did you capture any alien stockpiles at some point? Capture ships with missiles on? Any other idea what may have triggered the bug?

First me then Steve spent a lot of time on this one but cannot figure it out. Giving up for now. If anyone see the same please report it again with as much detail as possible.

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2020, 08:48:30 AM »
Can't recall which 1.9.x version this campaign started with but it's 1.9.5 now.
The function number: N/A
The complete error text: N/A
The window affected: Fleet Organization Window
What you were doing at the time: Refueling a combat fleet from a pair of stationary refueling hubs on its way back from Sol
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 24 years

As I don't see anything about this in the known issues or fixes list for 1.10 and the post is not marked as confirmed or as WAI (and this same issue has really messed up my fuel supply in my current game), I'm adding my information on this as well.

The window affected: Naval Organization
What you were doing at the time: Moving fuel between fleets of multiple tankers and resupply hubs.
Conventional or TN start: Conventional.
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars.
Is your decimal separator a comma? No.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? EDIT: Turns out to be dead easy to reproduce.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: Started in 2075, 73 years so far.
This was a game started in 1.9.0, in case something is embedded in the DB that causes the issue, though it seems doubtful.

Some further info: I didn't see this issue when I had a single Akkrum Fuel Station and a fleet of two Balasore-C's servicing it. The tanker fleet was set to the "Refuel at Refueling hub" standing order, with a conditional of "Fuel tanks full/Transfer Fuel to Colony". Once I built another pair of tankers and added them to the fleet the problem started. While the tankers were in transit back to Saturn, I got a message that the Elderol was at a negative fuel amount. (I believe it was 16%, just like it is currently in the DB.) Interestingly, the Elderol is the tanker that has the problem happen the most, and it's the most recently built, with the second most affected being the Brown Ranger, which was the one built right before. This may be related.

I figured it had something to do with things getting confused when trying to load up the much larger tanks of the full freighter fleet (30M liters) from the smaller Hub base tanks (5M, with an annual output of 3.4M liters, iirc), so I built three more Akkrums, towed them to Saturn and dropped them in the Saturn Orbitals and things got even worse. Now when I try to equalize out fuel by transferring from the tankers onto the resupply hub, then refueling from the hub again (which worked before to even things), one of the Akkrums ends up going over 100% fuel.

So, yeah, this is deep weird and I would really like it if we could get it confirmed so Steve can fix it, since it's kinda borked my game. (I'm pretty sure that in my fiddling with transferring fuel around a whole bunch of it - I think in the 10M liter range - has gone poof when tankers go negative.)

. . .needs the switch flipped to the More Magic position, I think.

EDIT: I do believe I have found a Thing.

I was doing more testing, transferring fuel back and forth, trying things like changing the auto Refuel Own Fleet/Refuel Tankers options, and I couldn't get it to vary the amount of fuel on the tanker side by more than a few percentages. (The hub side had all the transferred fuel go into one station, with no limit that I could see, given that it was up to 220%+ by the end of my testing.)

I was able to reproduce the issue once I turned on the standing order to refuel from the hub again. Every two or three 5 day steps, the values would get more unbalanced, with the tanker that was first built (SA Nasprite) ending up at 100%, the second built SA War Bahadur at 87%, the SA Brown Ranger at 46% and poor SA Elderol at 10%.

Interestingly, when I advanced time further, it didn't end up taking Elderol into negatives, because Nasprite and War Bahadur both hit 100%, and then the other two tankers started to both fill, though Brown Ranger was still filling much faster than Elderol.

I let it hit 100% on all tanks and then turned on the conditional order to transfer fuel to a colony, which worked fine and dropped all tankers to about 13%. Upon the tankers getting back to Saturn, the fuel shifting started again, which since there was no longer enough of a buffer in the tanks to have some fill before others went to below zero, produced the problem originally seen in both Conscript Gary's report and in mine.  If you're in a situation where your hubs are always producing more fuel than your tankers can load, this bug would easily pass without being noticed.

Another thing that's weird: Once one of the tanks was below zero, then as they continued filling, the tanks on the earlier constructed tankers started to go above 100%, like was happening when transferring fuel to the hub, earlier.

~Nori - Confirmed
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:23:40 PM by Nori »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2020, 10:55:36 AM »
Something wierd is going on with mass drivers and reserve levels.  At least in my game, as the level of the mineral with the reserve set decreases and approaches the reserve, the amounts of all minerals shipped decreases, to the point where it doesn't cover production and the stockpile gains resources again.

Attached is a db where Luna has a reserve of Corundum set of 5000 with 35000 mass driver capacity and only just over 10000 total mineral production.  Luna is gaining minerals in its stockpile.  If I set the reserve to 1000, then the stockpile is rapidly shipped out as you would expect, until it approaches 1000 then the same thing occurs.

The function number NA

The complete error text NA

The window affected Economics > Mining tab

Conventional or TN start Conventional

Random or Real Stars Real

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce, at least in the attached db

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #115 on: May 09, 2020, 01:10:20 PM »
1.9.4 dec . real stars 10 years

But I doubt any of the above are relevant in this bug.

If you order to turn ON active sensors as Fleet Movement order you cannot turn it OFF from Naval Tab but you have to issue the order Active Sensors OFF for that to work.

Also if you turn it OFF from naval tab and then flag active contacts from Tactical Map refresh it you got a blank error with the name of the ship on it.

Turning it OFF through the order will also make the error disappear. No impact on game or save but annoying.

Easy to reproduce in any game.
Cannot reproduce:
Ship turned AS off via movements order. Button "actives off" in naval window worked without problems. After using that, turning active sensors on Tactical Map did not throw up any errors.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2020, 01:32:39 PM »
It seems you can prototype a Gauss cannon, then use that prototype in a turret, then prototype the turret, and then research the turret without ever researching the component gauss cannon.  Researching the gauss cannon first does not seem to change the RP needed to research the turret.

The function number  NA

The complete error text NA

The window affected Turret Design and/or Class Design and/or Research

What you were doing at the time Setting up a TN game using instant research within the points limit (SM mode off).  All testing was done using instant research.

Conventional or TN start TN

Random or Real Stars Random

Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Easy to reproduce.

Confirmed.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2020, 01:33:07 PM »
The morale of ground units have sometimes lowered to 100, and many other times has not, when a commander of the unit either retires, is killed, or is replaced.

The function number - N/A
The complete error text - N/A
The window affected - Ground Forces
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? No, period

Depends on what the intended process is meant to be. I have manually replaced a commander and morale remains at the higher figure, e.g. 140. Three times, the retirement or death of a major commanding a company reset that company's morale to 100 from some higher number (between 150-200 I believe). After I noticed it, I began tracking it and have not seen a reset to 100 again. I've had commanders killed by accident, retire from a post, and be manually removed by me without a reset. So, if the intended mechanic is to reset on every commander change of any type, it isn't happening. If the intended mechanic is for it never to change, it did, but unfortunately I don't know precisely when or what caused the morale reset. Or anything in between. I'm 95% certain the units in question did not go through a full production cycle without any commander at all. I also thought maybe there was an upper limit on morale that was passed, but I have other units currently with higher morale figures than that of the 'reset' units at the time.

It is intended to reset. Will bring this up with Steve to fix the non-WAI behaviour.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2020, 01:33:22 PM »
Set Naming Theme to "Names Beginning with V" and insta-built a few ships - Except they were named with names beginning with W.  The W option in the dropdown is missing, I suspect the V option is just mislabeled.

Confirmed.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2020, 01:33:44 PM »
Unsure if this has been resolved or not, so re-posting it just in case:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11231.msg131041#msg131041

It's being investigated, not resolved yet. Remind me to update you later!