Author Topic: 4.46 Bugs  (Read 9264 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 4.46 Bugs
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2009, 12:29:52 PM »
Quote from: "ussdefiant"
For some reason the Events window in my current game decided that it didn't want to come up sometime in the middle of combat. It's like it's constantly deciding to stay miminzed for some reason. However, the events window works perfectly fine if i start a new game.
The program remembers the location of windows so they are in the same place when you open them again. However, this means if you close the program while they are minimised, you get the problem above. To correct this, make sure the events window is NOT open and then select Reset Window Positions from the Miscelleneous menu of the main menu bar. When you open the Events window, it should be in the top left of your primary monitor.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 12:33:03 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
Error in DisplayFleets
Error 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields
Item not found in this collection.

Happened just as the first stage of my missile arrived at waypoint were it was to release the second stage - a buoy with active sensor. Fired twice.

Fires twice on every adjustment of the system map.

*edit*
It doesn't fire when 'show active sensor ranges' is unchecked.
I have encountered this myself and fixed it for the next version. However, until that version is released you will get this bug if you have missiles or bouys in the currently selected system and  'show active sensor ranges' is checked.

The buoy's and its active sensor ring is civilian color, should it not be my color? The buoy has a name but there is no description for the size/strength of the active sensor.
The active sensor ring has its own colour, rather than yours or the civilian colour. It may just be a coincidence that it matches the civilian colour.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »
Error in MoveToClosestItem
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument

I am just on the System Map, no other windows open, have the same fleets doing the same things for a while now and am running the auto-increment.

Came up 3 times and then continued with the auto-increment until an event occurred.

Thinking about it some more, maybe it could be these three?
1. the TG doing a gravsurvey
2. another TG doing a gravsurvey in different system
3. the TG doing training in Sol

Would they require the calculation of a 'closestItem'?
Virtually everything done by civilians and NPRs plus many player controlled fleets will use this function. It is used to locate just about anything they need to find in a different system, including ordnance, populations, fuel, maint facilities, system bodies for survey, unexplored jump points, ruins, specific fleet types, trade goods, etc..

It will be called by almost every civ/NPR fleet at some point and often several times per sub-pulse, which means whatever is causing this problem must be something unusual, or there is some data element that has only recently been introduced to your game. That data or activity could be NPR-related though which makes it difficult to find. Is this happening every increment or was the above a one-off?

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 09:36:54 PM »
Error in CreatePDCComponents
Item not found in this collection.

Just finished construction of a prefab PDC, it is not listed under stockpile and no option appears under 'assemble PDC'
Found and fixed. Unfortunately though the bug is preventing the creation of PDC Components and there is no workaround, which means no PDC components at all until I release the next version.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »
Error in CreateMesonCannon
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
you cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Race'.

Before this, I was doing the auto-increment and I noticed that it was only forwarding in minute-chunks so I guess an NPR was encountering a Precursor or another NPR or it triggered the creation of another NPR?

That was the only error.
I think this may be related to some other similar bugs, which are related to the new components found in ruins. If this happened during a 5-day increment then that is almost certainly the cause. Fortunately, it has no effect other than the error message, as the piece of code with the error is being called unnecessarily.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2009, 09:48:45 PM »
I got a message that:

"17th Engineer Regiment has recovered 5x on Mars" - but I can't see what the 5 items could be, looked in summary, stockpiles and the only thing I can't be sure of is the mineral stocks. But, units of 5 minerals doesn't seem that big a find! :)
It looks like there are one or two errors being reported with regard to ship components being found in ruins, so it could be related to that. I'll let you know if I find anything more conclusive.

Also, a typo on the Engineer units: The game start units are called 'Engineer' whilst the newly created units are called 'Engineer Regiment'. I think the other game start units are also using the older names.
Fixed for next version

On the officer screen, if you select a 'ranks and security' option that has no people in it and then select an 'assignment type filter' it just gives the hourglass/loading icon, but you can just close that screen or select another option from ranks that has people.
Also fixed.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2009, 10:14:53 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Error in create jump drive
error 3201 because a related table in table race is required

It looks like I got this when I recovered the jump engine from some ruins.  I saw some of the same with the last game I set up where any tech modules recovered gave the same error.  The planet has had it's xeno survey completed and the summary page displays the total installations and originating group.  This ruin was done using sm mode to set up.
The code is trying to assign a RaceTech record for components created by ruins. However that isn't possible because the race doesn't exist in game terms, which results in the error. As far as I can tell, the error is annoying but doesn't cause a problem because as that piece of code shouldn't be being called anyway, the fact it doesn't work doesn't matter. Other people have reported other similar errors and the same will apply in all those cases.

I noticed that even before the xeno survey was completed I was recovering some installations - fuel refinery and infrastructure as I remember.
Hmm, it looks like I forgot to put in a check for the completed xeno survey - oops! I'll fix that for the next version.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »
Error in CreateEngine
Error 3201 was generated by DAO.RecordSet
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'Race'.

I'm not designing any techs. Happened during an auto-increment. Fired once.
This is very likely related to the problems with components created in ruins - assuming it happened during a 5-day increment. The error shouldn't cause any problems.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 04:33:23 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Error in MoveToClosestItem
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument

I am just on the System Map, no other windows open, have the same fleets doing the same things for a while now and am running the auto-increment.

Came up 3 times and then continued with the auto-increment until an event occurred.

Thinking about it some more, maybe it could be these three?
1. the TG doing a gravsurvey
2. another TG doing a gravsurvey in different system
3. the TG doing training in Sol

Would they require the calculation of a 'closestItem'?
Virtually everything done by civilians and NPRs plus many player controlled fleets will use this function. It is used to locate just about anything they need to find in a different system, including ordnance, populations, fuel, maint facilities, system bodies for survey, unexplored jump points, ruins, specific fleet types, trade goods, etc..

It will be called by almost every civ/NPR fleet at some point and often several times per sub-pulse, which means whatever is causing this problem must be something unusual, or there is some data element that has only recently been introduced to your game. That data or activity could be NPR-related though which makes it difficult to find. Is this happening every increment or was the above a one-off?

Steve

This was a one off.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2009, 07:20:17 AM »
The F5 screen, ordinance/fighter tab is not allocating fighters correctly.  You can only select 1/10/100/1000 fighters, not increment.  It does give the warning if your selecting more than there is hanger space available, but will overfill even with the "ignore size restriction" not checked. Even though the message indicates that the count will be adjusted for space available it does not.

Charlie
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2009, 08:57:02 PM »
Still getting the issue with fuel being used up on a turn that is interrupted.

i.e.
I have a ship going from point A to point B and the distance is 20billion KM, the ship has fuel to get it 24billion KM. Run auto-increment a dozen times, taking note of the fuel/range/distance-left-to-travel readings and you notice that the ship is 'leaking fuel'. I presume the fuel is subtracted for the full 24hours in the movement phase, but then an interrupt fires at a later phase but only, say, 16 hours into the increment.

I got one GE ship stuck this way, and then the other GE I sent to refuel it got stuck, and then  the next GE I sent to refuel them got stuck and now I have two more on the way - hopefully that should be enough to get them all home!

Next time, ima cheat  :lol:

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 10:34:58 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
The F5 screen, ordinance/fighter tab is not allocating fighters correctly.  You can only select 1/10/100/1000 fighters, not increment.  It does give the warning if your selecting more than there is hanger space available, but will overfill even with the "ignore size restriction" not checked. Even though the message indicates that the count will be adjusted for space available it does not.
Fixed for v4.5

Steve

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 10:37:31 PM »
Still getting the issue with fuel being used up on a turn that is interrupted.

i.e.
I have a ship going from point A to point B and the distance is 20billion KM, the ship has fuel to get it 24billion KM. Run auto-increment a dozen times, taking note of the fuel/range/distance-left-to-travel readings and you notice that the ship is 'leaking fuel'. I presume the fuel is subtracted for the full 24hours in the movement phase, but then an interrupt fires at a later phase but only, say, 16 hours into the increment.

I got one GE ship stuck this way, and then the other GE I sent to refuel it got stuck, and then  the next GE I sent to refuel them got stuck and now I have two more on the way - hopefully that should be enough to get them all home!

Next time, ima cheat  :lol:
The fuel is deducted during each sub-pulse so there shouldn't be any fuel deducted for sub-pulses that don't happen. There is obviously something weird going on though. I'll try to track it down.

Steve

Offline tanq_tonic

• Petty Officer
  • t
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 02:06:44 AM »
Am in a game where the processing gets stuck in 30 min steps for each press of the 5 day button, 6 hours for press of the 30 day button.

Have been through 2 game months with this behavior, making this essentially unplayable.  

Same thing happened to me last game.  And the game before that.  In the current, I don't seem to be throwing the exception, since I am really doing nothing.

I can understand when the process goes into an NPR battle or something like that, and the game clock slows down to the "game-second range" for the duration.  This is differentl since the "game stops" are seemingly happening at the first sub-pulse of the turn cycle.  Every smacking time.  As I said, the game time has now advanced two months with this nonsense.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 02:11:49 AM »
Quote from: "tanq_tonic"
Am in a game where the processing gets stuck in 30 min steps for each press of the 5 day button, 6 hours for press of the 30 day button.

Have been through 2 game months with this behavior, making this essentially unplayable.  

Same thing happened to me last game.  And the game before that.  In the current, I don't seem to be throwing the exception, since I am really doing nothing.

I can understand when the process goes into an NPR battle or something like that, and the game clock slows down to the "game-second range" for the duration.  This is differentl since the "game stops" are seemingly happening at the first sub-pulse of the turn cycle.  Every smacking time.  As I said, the game time has now advanced two months with this nonsense.

This is incredibly frustrating.
If it is happening in every game then something weird is going on. Are you seeing any errors or the same event repeated every time, or is the game just advancing by the minimum every time with no events?

Steve