Author Topic: Move PDC  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Move PDC
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »
Not to be a downer, but if your PDC weapons can only reach Mars (for example), how would this contribute to alleviating unrest on Titan?

A better suggestion would be that unrest is decreased within the scope of the PDC's weapons.

From the perspective of the local complaining politicians, Big Visible Guns = Good. They don't bother with all those technical details like range or effectiveness.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 02:38:17 PM »
Or actually ability to fire. A PDC with weapons but no fire controls or active sensors counts for PPV.

ICBM bases also work, despite the fact that the only target they can fire at is the population they're protecting.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »
Not wishing to hijack this thread but I never realised that the defensce level provided came just from weapon HS used. If I remember correctly PDC's only contribute to the planet they are on and any space based system contributes to the entire system defence level.

Does that mean I could simply slap on an orbital habitat and fill it with honking big space guns and watch the defence level for all system planets skyrocket?

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »
Have to be a PDC, OHs with engines are considered military ships...

EDIT -  OHs with engines AND military components are considered military ships and need naval yards
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 04:32:30 AM by NihilRex »

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »
I guess you could set it up so PDCs only provide PPV for their planet, while ships provide systemwide PPV.

But what about my poor Interplanetary Missile Batteries? :(

My plot to wage war against a aliens in the distant component of a binary 7400 AU (ie, 0.12 lightyears) away with missile launching PDCs was only thwarted because sufficently insane ranges evidently break missiles; persumably a variable isn't big enough for the value or something.