Author Topic: Estimated hostile force infantry 3 but I can’t attack them  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
After destroying the enemy force, my forces are in front attack mode or the default one, but I can’t attack the remaining three. How am I meant to destroy them? Is there any drawback to having three stragglers on the planet?

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Estimated hostile force infantry 3 but I can’t attack them
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 10:54:07 AM »
Known bug.  The downside is that their population won't surrender.  Nukes will kill them.  Alternatively, you can just edit the database and delete their formation.

Offline Ekaton (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • E
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 11:05:01 AM »
Their population is apparently 0, a result of my bombing, and I don’t have any nukes yet. I’ll try the database editing, thanks!

Can I expect that with every ground force?

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 11:08:36 AM »
I have conquered several worlds and only had it happen once.  Also, just because the population is zero doesn't mean its empty.  It may have installations or minerals.

Offline Harrysboy

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • H
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 04:45:08 AM »
How do you edit the data base.  I have this issue as well and its really annoying

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 04:53:56 AM »
Also if you have a save game before you got down to the last tiny number of enemy and rerun the ground combat it will often not have the same problem.
Editing the Database requires an SQL editor and a basic knowledge of Databases, never done it myself because it feels like work

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2022, 10:41:08 AM »
How do you edit the data base.  I have this issue as well and its really annoying
There is some information in this thread, although editing the database is discouraged so you'll have to figure out some of it on your own.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12063.0

Please note that if you do alter the database this could have unintended consequences. If you encounter a bug and want to post a bug report, please think about whether it is possible that the bug was caused by your edit, and if so don't report it.
If you do report a bug please make sure to include a detailed description of what you changed for Steve to evaluate.

Offline Rince Wind

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 05:03:45 AM »
Would it help to airlift (spacelift?) your invasion force and then drop it again? Maybe even delete your empty colony and make a new one the next production cycle?