Author Topic: Working screen resolutions on Windows 10?  (Read 931 times)

Offline Caplin (OP)

Working screen resolutions on Windows 10?
« on: January 06, 2018, 06:47:37 PM »
Hi ALl,

I'm running a Windows 10 laptop, who's "native," resolution is 1366x768. This is not ideal for playing Aurora, as some screens become very cluttered and confused, particularly the economics window. I wanted to check in and see if anyone had thoughts on getting this particular screen size to work.

I don't have an option to increase the height above 768, as far as I can see. The most promising avenue seems to be a "custom," resolution in my Intel HD graphics drivers, but this comes with all kinds of dire warnings about possibly frying my chipset if I'm not careful, and I'm hesitant to mess this up.

Does anyone have suggestions for dealing with this problem? "scrolling desktops," and the like seem to be popular, but I'm not sure how accessible they are with my screen reader.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Working screen resolutions on Windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 09:37:38 AM »
They are your only option.

Offline Caplin (OP)

Re: Working screen resolutions on Windows 10?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 12:13:11 PM »
I ended up spending far longer than anticipated installing a Windows XP virtual machine. It's not ideal, there are still some weird glitches, but I can theoretically adjust the resolution to anything, and it behaves properly.

Edit: I actually discovered that I can play on the smaller screen after all. There are some advantages to being blind. Some of the controls are hard to reach, and there are a few quirks, but the whole dance with the VM wasn't required after all. I'm five years into a new conventional start and doing okay.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:27:20 PM by Caplin »