Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65781 times)

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
Make sure your empire is selected in the dropdown box.

Offline georgiaboy1966

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2012, 04:35:22 PM »
yes, my empire is selected on the individual ship page
Glen

Been a player since the Beta of SA, 1993?

"Constructive criticism is never a bad comment"
-Me

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
- Socrates

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2012, 05:13:19 PM »
Version 5.60

Theme: Odd
Names: Norse

Bug: The Civil Administration and Scientist officer titles among others were missing, which spawned a variety of errors every time any window that could display an officer's name/title opened. Manually renaming the missing titles fixed the issue.

Offline Erthel

• Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2012, 08:04:29 PM »
v. 5. 60

A bunch of minor "bugs", mostly error messages without consecuences:

- When giving a medal twice to an officer (He made a feat twice, I felt like giving him another), I get an error 3022 by DAO.  recordset, it says because "it would create a duplicated value in the index".   The medal appears in the officer history as awarded, but no promotion points are added for the second (and third, and ufrther) medals. 

- When giving a move order to a ship without engine, it spams an error without consequences, and leaves the orther there, instead of a warning about that it cannot move. 

- When removing a colony that has a team on it, the game spams a serie of errors (I guess about the 5 guys that were there).   After them, you can find the team at your capital world.   Again a "your teams will move to capital" warning would have been better than the errors. 

- When a ship goes out of fuel, it keeps trying to comply conditional orders, slowing the turns down until you manualy remove all orders and erase it.   I think it would be good if we just could not give move orders to out of fuel/unengined ships, to avoid the errors and spam. 

I'll keep posting

Offline Erthel

• Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2012, 08:08:02 PM »
SOLVED: Not sure if its a bug, but I started on a nebulae 5 system, and all my ships keep going at 500km/s after leaving it.    I guess it's about resetting max speed, that is a pain if i have to do manually for every TG.  <- Seems like it only happens when the ships are built inside that system, as their default max speed is set to the max of the system.  As soon as they leave and you update that, they update correctly when getting in and out.  So no bug here at all :P

EDIT:

- When giving a TG the order to load components/troops or whatever that opens an extra little menu, we cannot double click the orders anymore, having to click to "add move" instead :'(

- Unmanageable order list for task groups, need a button for "delete selected order", or double clicking them from ordered list.   Would be awesome if we could also add/remove orders in the middle of a list, not only at the end.   Or maybe I'm missing something.  .  . 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:20:19 PM by Erthel »

Offline GeaXle

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2012, 08:03:26 AM »
V.5.60

I encountered an NPR. I had a pretty good Diplomatic team working on it (160). But we didn't manage to establish communication. Anyway, I left the team with them and our score kept going up. And they started sharing reasearch data and all. How can a race with whom we are completely unable to communicate, make trade and give us science data and all? I think there should be a maximum point that it is possible to reach when communication proves impossible.

I also have a bug with the "flags" everytime  I open the galaxy map.

And finaly, there is sometimes a bug about "changing tech in the database" . It only hapened a few time and doesn't seem to do anything (I can continue playing normaly after checking the box). So I think it may have something to do with npr updating their techs.

Thanks a lot,
Gea

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2012, 02:50:49 PM »
The hyperlimit for secondary stars doesn't seem like it is being recognized.

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4052/hyperbug.jpg

Offline Sputnik

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2012, 11:25:42 PM »

Help!  Game is FROZEN!

Was a v5. 55 game, upgraded to 5. 56; TN, Sol, pretty normal setup.   Windows 7.

Now in year 2058, I can't advance.   No error message.   But I can't get past the current time; just hitting 5-second advance hangs and never advances.   I've left it running overnight; no dice.

What can I do?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2012, 12:50:42 AM »
Ooof!  Looks like something crazy is happening. 

When this has happened to me, generally its one of two things:

1: infinite loop of a ship trying to carry out orders-- then carrying them out again, then carrying them out again....

or 2:

a bug with aliens doing the same thing.

If #1, crash the game then restart it.  check every fleets orders.  Is there a cycle orders box clicked?  is it trying to refuel from earth over and over and over for all of infinity?  Something like that?  Fix it.

If #2:  uh oh.  u might be in trouble mode.

Offline RedKing

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
Super-minor quibble, but....

Gliese 176 is generated (with Real Stars option) as a binary with G8V primary and K1V secondary. But the real Gliese 176 is a single M2.5V red dwarf. Dunno if it's just a typo on the star number or what.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
Disaster!

Error in DisplaySystemBodies

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

This occurs when in the Sol system map window.  Any action-- setting change, move of the camera, scale... results in the error being thrown.  There was a 0 time interval that went through.  

13th October 2033 13:34:01  Last time increment 0 seconds

I'm not sure if this occurred precisely at the interval at which i had the drawing errors, but pretty dang close.

The error only occurs when earth itself is drawn.

bug solved!!

Suddenly I had the realization that I had constructed 100 planetary sensor arrays, then set the show passive sensor range to x1 To Detect Signature Strength 1000.  Then, I researched several more planetary sensor strength (up to 700).

This situation created the overflow in DisplaySystemBodies when the thing was turned on.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:56:42 PM by Thiosk »

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »
The thermal signature of tugs is really low when they are towing massive objects. Aurora looks like it assumes that the tugs are travelling at reduced speed because of a voluntary reduction in engine power, and not that they are struggling with all of their might to move something.

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
Quote from: Nathan_ link=topic=4487. msg45871#msg45871 date=1327690501
The thermal signature of tugs is really low when they are towing massive objects.  Aurora looks like it assumes that the tugs are travelling at reduced speed because of a voluntary reduction in engine power, and not that they are struggling with all of their might to move something.
Similar to tug fuel consumption way lower than it should be when tracting something.

Offline theredone7

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
Some of the screens in The Space Race game don't appear after loading.    The window opens but is not visible.    For example Economics doesn't show anything but the system and galaxy map do appear and can be used.    I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case initially.   I am using v5. 60.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:47:49 PM by theredone7 »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »
Some of the screens in The Space Race game don't appear after loading.    The window opens but is not visible.    For example Economics doesn't show anything but the system and galaxy map do appear and can be used.    I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case initially.   I am using v5. 60.

One of the menus has an option to reset window positions. I don't recall exactly which at the moment, but that should fix your problem.