Author Topic: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread  (Read 65785 times)

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: v5.56/v5.60 Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »
Had a lot of error 94 and error 6 invalid use of null in GetTotalShips tonight.

What happened was I had ordered the construction of a few new ships.  Notably the TT Legionary Independent Troop Transport 00x ships.

Well thats a stupid long name, so the numbers are actually in a second line of the "name new ship" text box in the manage shipyards screen.  Well, the game didn't like that it had moved to the next line, somehow, so the task was given no name, so I was contructing nameless ships.  This pissed off the game a lot, loading the F2 window, and I also strangely was getting the errors trying to look at the civilian shipping tab-- gettotalwealth had error 94 and 06 errors, and some of the recent deliveries were showing up [UNKNOWN].  The first four, to be precise, a couple had no ships or locations and two had just the unknown tag.  

Deleted the offending ships and renamed them something shorter, no problem.  The trouble in the civ ships wealth tab was precisely the first four rows, corresponding to the four ships I had ordered with funky names.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:46:31 AM by Thiosk »

Offline viperfan7

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • v
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:53 PM »
Getting Errors in Orbital Movement.

Error 11 generated
Division by zero ( :o )

Happened just after I discovered a jump point in a system, should I go through and remove that system?

having the same issue, nothing has changed from before it started and after it had, so I have no clue what it could be

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:05 PM »
Selected all jump points have jump gates get into the game and need to build jump gates otherwise ships cant transit.  Once a JG is built it keeps showing as build option for construction ships.

So even though that inital box is ticked all jump gates dont actually have gates that ships can use until my constructor does its thing

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »
I set up a colony on a planet with ruins and established a xenologist team on it, which did its job of understanding the stuff. Afterward, I sent an engineer brigade and some armed forces. Eventually, robotic guards were awakened, 2 in a row, and my troops lost, all dead. I quit the program (it was a great time for a pause), and when I reopened it, the colony on that planet was gone.

That's probably working as intended. Eventually, I got an event relating to my xenologist team gaining skills (1% each of the 5 members), and that tipped me off. That team was left on the colony, and even if I reestablished it, the team is not there. And of course I have no idea how they got skills gain.

The bug is, when I look at the team members in the Leaders screen, they are still part of the team and their location is at a world I don't know about. I did not even explore that system, although maybe an NPR did. I can't see that system with only SM permission. Yet there my xenologists are. Is there a way to disband a team without using the Population&Production screen?

It looks like, when a colony is lost, the teams stationed on it are sent "somewhere".

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2012, 02:46:33 AM »
Interesting, wait for the team members to die off maybe or attempt to land troops and recolonize the planet is another option

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »
Obviously, the team members were kidnaped by the robots, ferried to another planet and are forced to work for them there :)

Seriously, the unknown planet is probably the planet they were stationed at, as NPRs name planets on their own, so if your Mars base got overrun by alien robots, they would adress Mars as, perhaps Odlola or something.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2012, 04:44:08 AM »
do u remember what system they were in, kidnapping by robots interesting outcome for a research team

Offline Marthnn

« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
Seriously, the unknown planet is probably the planet they were stationed at, as NPRs name planets on their own, so if your Mars base got overrun by alien robots, they would adress Mars as, perhaps Odlola or something.
That is most certainly it. This planet is "Palanhi-A V" for me, while the team location is "Nyrola-A V", both being the 5th planet orbiting a primary star.

Not to worry, I am in the process to reclaim that world, with more than a brigade of mobile infantry this time. Mystery solved. It might have been fitting to kill the team members upon defeat, or get them to flee, somewhat like commanders of defeated ground forces. Thanks people.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »
I have a nebula system (Houston) where the orbital distance of two of the second planets moons (HoustonA-II Moon 27 and Moon 28) have an orbital distance of 16.5 and 16.6 mkm respectively, while Houston A-II only has an orbital distance of 16.5mkm from the protostar itself.  Thus sometimes moon 28 is orbiting on the opposite side of the sun from its supposed primary. O_o !

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 02:05:29 AM »
Thats not a bug.  Thats awesome.  post pics.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2012, 03:45:04 AM »
some pics would be nice, hey steve when u wake up again any plans to do some more work on nebula systems

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
Oh jeez I knew i should have taken screenshots. xD

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2012, 03:11:06 PM »
Just found a level 5 nebula system in my game restricts ships with armor movement to 500m second

Steve a bug i found

Needs fixing

Earth supplying through civlian-ind status screen all building types mars demanding same cilvian transports moving

Every single building type works is delivered and shows on the facilities screens

EXCEPT TERRAFORMING INSTALLATIONS

The civvies build em haul em drop em off and they dont show at destination after they just vanish i tried it with all other building types fuel refineries, GM facilities, automated mines, infrustructure, mass drivers even and only the terraforming installations do this

Building them myself through my own building screen and having my own freighters deliver them doesnt lead to this issue they show up at destination so theres a bug with the civvies once they drop off Terrraformer facilities that they built themselves.

Offline Marthnn

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »
I set up a colony on a planet with ruins and established a xenologist team on it, which did its job of understanding the stuff. Afterward, I sent an engineer brigade and some armed forces. Eventually, robotic guards were awakened, 2 in a row, and my troops lost, all dead. I quit the program (it was a great time for a pause), and when I reopened it, the colony on that planet was gone.
That is most certainly it. This planet is "Palanhi-A V" for me, while the team location is "Nyrola-A V", both being the 5th planet orbiting a primary star.

Not to worry, I am in the process to reclaim that world, with more than a brigade of mobile infantry this time. Mystery solved. It might have been fitting to kill the team members upon defeat, or get them to flee, somewhat like commanders of defeated ground forces. Thanks people.

A little update. I set another colony on that planet, sent troops to fight and terraforming ships to work. My troops defeated the enemy and the (absent) population on their colony surrendered. Now I've got 2 colonies named "Palanhi-A V", both species "Human", while the new one having my xenologists team and the political status "Conquered". Its planetary governor was also already set, probably from my last presence.

One colony is set to terraform by adding CO2, the other by adding O2. Both gases get terraformed the full amount, effectively doubling the terraforming power of my ships.

It's the first time I mess around with multiple colonies on a single world. Is that normal/known? Because it sure looks like a bug. Maybe I could get 10 colonies and get 10 times the terraforming... yeah, cheating at solitaire, I know.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2012, 05:53:04 PM »
its a bit the same as having human 2 on a planet ie modified species, let us know if u get unrest due to minority status my suggestion is setup a new colony move the conqueored population off to their own little rock that may fix issues its another part of the aurora game engine that needs fixing with regards to mulitiple colonies on the same world could be a bug just have to wait for the programmer to come online and let us know