Author Topic: New Trade System for v4.1  (Read 8966 times)

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: New Trade System for v4.1
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 02:09:16 PM »
I have added Ancient Artifacts to the list of Trade Goods. The demand for these is handled like any normal trade good but they are only produced by colonies with ancient ruins. The amount produced is equal to the level of the ruins (1-10) multiplied by the pop in millions.

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
I have added Ancient Artifacts to the list of Trade Goods. The demand for these is handled like any normal trade good but they are only produced by colonies with ancient ruins. The amount produced is equal to the level of the ruins (1-10) multiplied by the pop in millions.

Steve
More deep and deep in "real-life" Aurora r gonna to..

When we walk through an planetary map with our Divisions?:))
(as to "Falkenberg Legion" novel,CoDominium and later, Moties situations..)i love it.

Offline ShadoCat

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 07:44:23 PM »
I really like what you are doing here.

The economics will make the game even more enjoyable for me.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 03:20:25 PM »
An update on the new Trade System as I well into testing it within a campaign. The concept of Shipping Lines is working very well and I have included a screenshot of the Shipping Lines window below. This window is just for information purposes for those players who are interested  as the Shipping Lines run all civilian traffic without player involvement. To keep their growth within reason I have added both running costs and an annual dividend as well as reducing their income from making trade runs within the same system. The running costs have not shown up on the window below yet as they are applied annually.

[attachment=0:3ar5wn5s]shipping.GIF[/attachment:3ar5wn5s]
In this test campaign, the three Shipping Lines have built up Mars (cost 2.0) to 50m+ along with the necessary infrastructure without any player involvement. The other change to the new trade system is that I have restricted maximum supply and maximum demand to one year's production. This is to prevent a planet building up vast quantities of a particular good when no one else needs it.

Steve

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
Do they design their own ships? Or are they using player designs?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »
Quote from: "Erik Luken"
Do they design their own ships? Or are they using player designs?
At the moment they use player designs from their parent race. In the future I may add individual designs for the Shipping Lines or allow them to buy ships from allied races.

Steve

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 05:05:35 AM »
Looking good Steve; I'm starting to salivate in anticipation of V4.1; sorry if that was too much information  :D
Welchbloke

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 11:00:45 AM »
A further update on Trade. The first inter-Empire trade took place recently when freighters of the Terran Federation (in my test game) delivered Spices and Precious Metals to the homeworld of an NPR. The NPR and the Federation have a neutral military relationship but the NPR gave trade access to the Federation. Some of the freighters are now returning to Earth with Wines from the NPR but several others are delivering infrastructure from the NPR homeworld to one of its colonies. In this latter case the Shipping Line will get paid as normal, the NPR will gain the export taxes and the Federation will get the shipping taxes.

A quick aside. Under the new political rules, if the military co-operation level between two races is less than friendly and an NPR actively detects alien ships in systems with its own population it will cause negative political points. If the relationship falls to the hostile level, the NPR will open fire. However, if the military co-operation level is neutral but a trade treaty is in place, freighters entering populated systems of the other race will not cause any decrease in political standing. This includes colony ships and cargo ships but could also include other 'freighters' such as fuel harvesters or construction ships so you will be able to build jump gate networks within an alien Empire to facilitate trade. Or you could send in a player-controlled freighter on a covert spying mission, although you will only have minimal sensors due to the restrictions on freighters. NPR ships entering player systems never cause negative political points as it will be up to you how to deal with them.

The colony ships of shipping lines will continue to carry colonists in the same way as in v4.0. However, the source/destination flag on the pop window will also affect trade. The infrastructure demand for a pop set as a destination will be equal to the infrastructure required for the current population plus 25%. The infrastructure demand for a pop set as a source will simply be equal to the infrastructure required for the current population. This means that the cargo ships of shipping lines will expand capacity on destination worlds but not on source worlds unless the source world is overcrowded.

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 11:05:51 AM »
omg!!!
a BIG welcome to "NEUTRAL" NPR's relations ..
And a awesome "trading" goal.

Am caught on multiple space battles towards 5 Ancients guardians task forces..who annhilihated me some task group..:D..

Ah Steve,TY for answer.

see ya!

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
Or you could send in a player-controlled freighter on a covert spying mission, although you will only have minimal sensors due to the restrictions on freighters. NPR ships entering player systems never cause negative political points as it will be up to you how to deal with them.
Steve
So cold war soviet style 'Fishing Vessels' are now a possibility, cool :D
Welchbloke

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Or you could send in a player-controlled freighter on a covert spying mission, although you will only have minimal sensors due to the restrictions on freighters. NPR ships entering player systems never cause negative political points as it will be up to you how to deal with them.
Steve

LOL!!

One thing I just remembered - did you (Steve) put in a way to declare small colonies on high colonization-cost worlds as "not destination"?  At present, if one wants to put automated mines on e.g. Venus there's no good way to keep the civies from adding population and infrastructure.

John

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
One thing I just remembered - did you (Steve) put in a way to declare small colonies on high colonization-cost worlds as "not destination"?  At present, if one wants to put automated mines on e.g. Venus there's no good way to keep the civies from adding population and infrastructure.
In v4.1, the demand for infrastructure is based on population size so if there is no population there will be no infrastructure demand and the civilian freighters won't deliver any. Civilian colony ships will only deliver colonists to 0.0 worlds or worlds with sufficient infrastructre. What this means is that if the player wants civilian shipping to colonise a non-ideal world, the player will have to drop off either some colonists or some infrastructure to start the process.

Steve

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 09:21:31 PM »
Quote from: "sloanjh"
In v4.1, the demand for infrastructure is based on population size so if there is no population there will be no infrastructure demand and the civilian freighters won't deliver any. Civilian colony ships will only deliver colonists to 0.0 worlds or worlds with sufficient infrastructre. What this means is that if the player wants civilian shipping to colonise a non-ideal world, the player will have to drop off either some colonists or some infrastructure to start the process.

Steve

Cool - thanks!

John

PS - Nice Chicken/Egg thing there :-)

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 03:24:32 AM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Steve

I was playing Harpoon's scenario where I have to get a CVBG to Iceland and one of the assets deployed against me was a "fishing boat"  so not thinking about it too much I looked around for an asset to take care of this problem and spotted two Phantoms prepped with rockets and said ok, hit that boat...holy cowzollas...the return fire was with every form of SA missile in the Ruskie armory from shoulder launched up mid range silo launched ones.  I think I may have either lost a phantom or broke off the attack and returned to base to re-arm with stand off weapons.  I've seen warships throw less missiles than that trawler did.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 06:06:13 AM »
In v4.1, the demand for infrastructure is based on population size so if there is no population there will be no infrastructure demand and the civilian freighters won't deliver any. Civilian colony ships will only deliver colonists to 0.0 worlds or worlds with sufficient infrastructure. What this means is that if the player wants civilian shipping to colonise a non-ideal world, the player will have to drop off either some colonists or some infrastructure to start the process.

But if you have a ruins site and infrastructure is recovered by your xeno team, then the civs go and dump colonists on it whether you want them too or not, at least they do in 4.1, not yet started 4.26. Is this still the same for 4.26 or have you deleted the chance to recover infrastructure?

Regards
IanD