Author Topic: Geosurvey Rocket?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline liveware (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
Geosurvey Rocket?
« on: May 02, 2020, 01:53:10 PM »
Greetings,

Is it possible to launch a missile from a planetary facility or ground unit? I remember messing around with geosurvey missiles in VB6 Aurora and was trying to implement something similar in the C# version. I've designed and built some geosurvey missiles in my current game but I can't figure out how to launch them unless I build a ship and load them onboard.

Is it possible to ground-launch a missile?

Also, is it possible to delete an outdated missile design? Can't find a way to do this either.

I'm running V193.
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
Re: Geosurvey Rocket?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 02:23:48 PM »
No, missiles cannot be launched from the ground. You could probably get away with using an engineless fighter, though.
Missiles should be obsoleteable in the tech summary like anything else.

Offline liveware (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 02:27:41 PM »
I decided I will just add them as an extra feature for my survey ship. Still working on getting that figured out though since I will need to research more stuff first.

I found also that in the class design screen, under the ordnance tab, there is a button to mark missile designs as obsolete.

Offline logancapitalist

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 01:47:16 AM »
I'm trying to do this now.  My first interstellar survey ship has some rudimentary missiles with grav survey sensors.  I cannot actually get it to launch them though. 

I have Fire control assigned, the missile assigned to the launcher and it appears to me the launcher assigned to firecontrol. . . but it won't fire at the waypoint I've created.   

Offline liveware (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 08:55:17 AM »
Haven't gotten out of my home system yet, and I decided to build a rather large survey vessel starting off. I haven't got the shipyard capacity I need yet to build the vessel I am ultimately trying to build. Should be soon enough however. I will then see if I can get a survey missile to work properly.

Offline logancapitalist

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 01:47:38 AM »
I did manage to launch probes with Geo Sensors , however they arrive and don't see to do any surveying.   :(

EDIT: Turns out they were surveying. . . just I had no way to tell. . . . took some weeks for results to come in. . . .
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 02:04:28 AM by logancapitalist »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 05:03:56 AM »
There is a delay in receiving reports from grav survey? That would be surprising!

Offline logancapitalist

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 05:57:56 AM »
Quote from: vorpal+5 link=topic=11210. msg130871#msg130871 date=1588673036
There is a delay in receiving reports from grav survey? That would be surprising!

It's a good mechanic. . . . just there is no way to tell if your probes are working (that I can see).  Hence confusion. 

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 06:05:24 AM »
Quote from: vorpal+5 link=topic=11210. msg130871#msg130871 date=1588673036

It's a good mechanic. . . . just there is no way to tell if your probes are working (that I can see).  Hence confusion.

C# Aurora generally does not have "this is happening" messages, only "this is done" ones.