Author Topic: Aurora not responding  (Read 1201 times)

Offline didakkos (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
Aurora not responding
« on: September 05, 2021, 03:04:57 PM »
So, I started a game this morning, and after a pretty long marathon, got to year 2056.  Everything was running pretty smoothly right until I met the first NPR, but the slight increase in loading times was pretty similar to what I remember from playing version 1. 12.  After a few more years, they started getting worryingly long, even getting to the point where Windows said "not responding" twice, but it always fixed itself after a few seconds.

Then, I took an especially long while to design 4 ships (I think I spent like an hour without passing any time doing research and trying to understand all the mechanics).  After I finished, I set 4 of my shipyards to build a few of those ships, and as soon as I hit the 30 day button, it froze (I know I should have used a shorter increment, but still).  I thought it could be like before, and fix itself in a bit, but I've been waiting for an hour and it's still frozen.

I checked the task manager, and it's using only a quarter of my CPU and a negligible amount of RAM (it's an intel core i5-9400F 2. 90GHz with 16Gb of RAM, in case it's important).

Does anyone know what may have caused this? I know NPRs can slow the game quite a bit, but I had gotten much further into a game and started wars with NPRs in 1. 12, and going from being able to play almost completely smoothly to freezing in a few years is quite strange.

Thank you for the help, in advance!

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Aurora not responding
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:58:25 PM »
Check here for possible fixes.

In my 1.12 game I sometimes get "Not responding" because of how long turns take to process. I've never experienced a crash but I also never use the 30 day increment. If the linked thread does not give a fix it is possible that you've put too much demand on your system somehow and caused the game to freeze up, such bugs are notoriously difficult to track down.