Author Topic: Managing deployment times  (Read 1464 times)

Offline GhostOfGod (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
Managing deployment times
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:53:56 AM »
For the most part the issue of deployment times can be managed by allowing for ships to go on long journeys. But for my initial survey ships I made the mistake of leaving it at a 3 month deployment, not a huge issue but it got me thinking about how I would manage that. I was looking around though the conditional orders and other places but it doesn't look like there is a game mechanic available to keep track of a ships deployment time. Am I missing something?

Edit: For that matter, once you do bring a ship back to port is there any way to order it to stay there for a duration to rebuild crew morale?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:02:00 AM by GhostOfGod »

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Managing deployment times
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:48 AM »
As far as I know there is no such orders currently in the game. I'm pretty sure though that it will be added to the game eventually.

The game log at least tell us when ship go beyond their deployment time and when they are completely rested so we can act with them.

Offline GhostOfGod (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:07:58 AM »
As far as I know there is no such orders currently in the game. I'm pretty sure though that it will be added to the game eventually.
Yeah I noticed that after I had posted. Figured I would let one of my survey ships go out longer than originally planned and I was notified about it. Good to know that it notifies you at least
The game log at least tell us when ship go beyond their deployment time and when they are completely rested so we can act with them.
This bay have been a coincidence, but it seems like ordering a ship to overhaul will schedule it for the appropriate shore leave. I had nothing that needed repairs on my Survey ships but they stayed just long enough for their shore leave to complete then sped off again

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:10:26 PM »
Overhaul and repair are two different things.

Overhaul re-sets the maintenance clock to 0 (if you spent enought time in overhaul).
Think of it as some yard time to replace worn out parts of the machinery, replace some wires, install software updates, that kind of things.
Overhauls are done by Maintenance Facilities.

Repairs reapair either battle damage or parts that are destroyed by maintenance failours(sp?), when your ship didn´t have enough maintenance parts to instantly repair the damage.
Repairs are done by your shipyards.

Whenever your ship is over a large enough population, your crew will get shore leave automaticaly, be it repairs or ovehaul.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany