Author Topic: Recovering installations from ruins  (Read 2534 times)

Offline CharonJr (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • C
Recovering installations from ruins
« on: October 06, 2015, 05:33:50 PM »
I am certain this has worked before, but with some ruins that have been explored (TL1, 145 installations) there are no attempts to recover anything despite 3 construction units on site.

Might this be due to me having combat dropped them?

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
Re: Recovering installations from ruins
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:42:58 PM »
Shouldn't matter, I don't think. Are you sure they're construction units and not combat engineers?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »
I'm a bit fuzzy on this, but don't you need some sort of archaeological team to decipher the ruins first?

Derp, you said they have been explored already. Nevermind me.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 06:28:47 PM »
It could be but I'll test this myself later, sympathies for the disappointing quality of your find, I found some TL2 but only 80 installations :(.
Not too helpful a since I've started with default which is around TL4 with 1000ish installation, But I'll be very happy if I get some research or terraforming installations. Hell a fuel cache would be awesome at this point too.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline CharonJr (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 01:34:29 AM »
Continued playing and after about 1 month the first result came in. After this it took another couple of weeks till another team reported in.

I was under the impression that there is a check for anything happening once per week, but maybe this was due to my construction commanders having decent xeno skill. My current commanders have 15%-25% which is not that bad actually, but maybe the RNG just hates me or I misremember the report frequence from earlier games.

And yes, the quality is a bit disappointing, playing a small pirate empire here and started with 500k tech ;).

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:02:11 AM »
It happens pretty slowly.  You have to be patient.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 09:50:43 AM »
It happens pretty slowly.  You have to be patient.

Especially with only 3 construction brigades working on it.  Early game that is sufficient but as the game progresses it can be beneficial to up that number to 10-20

calem

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 05:41:19 AM »
Yeah its really quite slow.   Anecdotal evidence suggests its slowerin 6. 4x using construction brigades than it used to be in 5. 5. 4 with the engineers.

3 units is about the minimum I will commit to these ruins now, anything less and it can takes many years to salvage the site.   With 5 or 6 construction brigades i start to see simultaneous recoveries.

Even then. . . its slow.   I found a pair of ruins 1 and 2 jumps from Sol in my latest game, one TL3, the other TL4.   By the time I had designed and constructed a large-scale troop transporter and actually get teams into place to exploit these ruins I was already entering TL5 and the ruins were able to provide nothing more useful than mines/factories.

Offline CharonJr (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 01:32:08 PM »
Yup, building 4 additional const.brigs at the moment and brought a 4th in, but I had to train a bunch of boarding troops first. Sadly those are unused since the only aliens found till now were spoilers.

Recovering some labs would be nice since there is a 90% propulsion anomaly at the planet.