Author Topic: Unload from Combat Module back into Troop Transport Module?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Noble713 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • N
Unload from Combat Module back into Troop Transport Module?
« on: December 13, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »
I can't figure out how to do this.  Here's the situation.  My assault carrier has troop transport bays and hangar space.  Inside the hangar is two boarding shuttles with company-sized drop modules.  I loaded the shuttles with Marines and boarded an enemy ship.  I then ordered the shuttles to pick up the Marines from the captured ship and land back on the assault carrier. 

However, upon landing, the troops are still sitting in the combat drop modules.  There is no command to transfer them from drop modules back to troop bays.  If I launched the shuttles, or split them to a separate task group, still there is no combination of actions that I could discover to get them to disembark.  I also looked at the ship details screen and the Parasite/Cargo/GU tab but there was nothing there either.  I ended up having to do a Combat Drop on a colony of mine and then have the assault carrier pick them back up.

Is there a way to do this properly or is it a missing feature?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Unload from Combat Module back into Troop Transport Module?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »
No way to do it other than this:
I ended up having to do a Combat Drop on a colony of mine and then have the assault carrier pick them back up.

The rationale I believe is that troops in a combat drop module are prepped for a combat drop and can't simply be unloaded. The good news is that you can pick just about any rock to drop on so no need to go back to one of your colonies.