Author Topic: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 111087 times)

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: Semi-Official 6.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #585 on: May 28, 2015, 04:15:25 PM »
This idea was mentioned by someone in another thread, but I'll post here as well.

A beam weapon that would be created similar to a sensor or engine: having the complete range of sizes from the beginning, with increases in ability from tech.

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2015, 01:57:45 AM »
This is a suggestion on the formating of the text file for the log.  Could that be made up of "Tab-delimited" text.  This would enable the log file to be easily loaded into a spread sheet, sorted, and edited then saved again as a text file for further editoral work.

I find the sorting of the file, particularily when the statements are not written in order very time consuming.  Being able to sort the events by location would be useful if it isn't a lot of work to do.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #587 on: June 12, 2015, 06:33:12 PM »
Idea for more roleplay for less micromanagement:

Persisting names for each research project type ( today it's the same field for all research project types )

So the game will remember for example what my last Engine "Name" flavor prefix was despite me having designed lots of other techs in other areas in between.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #588 on: June 17, 2015, 01:00:12 AM »
Presume it been asked before but here it is...

Be able to target specific types of ships in auto fire like warships, transports, cargo ships, etc.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #589 on: June 17, 2015, 01:26:42 AM »
Related to the above suggestion, how about being able to detect certain types of components via active sensor, such as being able to detect if a ship has cargo holds or a terraforming module.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #590 on: July 03, 2015, 12:47:16 AM »
Would be nice if loaded cargo carriers left some of their cargo around the wreck when destroyed...

Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #591 on: July 03, 2015, 08:24:20 AM »
I would love if infrastructure protected population from negative population growth, particularly or spacifically underground infrastructure, I'm thinking of using it basically as fallout shelters for keeping some of your population alive in the event of nuclear war, the speed at which a planet's population is reduced to nothing after a few missiles has always unsettled me, fallout from modern clean nuclear weapons isn't particularly bad even when it's global extinction level nuclear war. Obviously food/clean water shortage, disease, civil unrest etc would be what finishes everybody off, but It would be nice to be able to provide some insulation against this happening.
Also related to this perhaps the underground infrastructure could also protect a small amount of industry from destruction, perhaps some destroyed industry could be converted into conventional and then be mostly cushioned against destruction, continuous bombardment should eventually destroy the protected industry, population and the underground infrastructure itself, but it should be much harder to remove the last vestiges of civilization.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #592 on: July 09, 2015, 04:53:47 AM »
While investigating a slowdown in Aurora 6.43 game I used the designer mode to investigate. Sure enough there were the precursors and an NPR fighting it out. No big surprise. However as the action wound up I watched the NPR use 955 ASMs and over 2100 AMMs to kill  a C10's worth of ground forces and a handful of DSTS and they were still launching when I gave up counting. Every ship in the NPR fleet appeared determined to fire every missile they had.

Is there any chance of Steve making the NPR response to a few ground forces a little more measured? Even get them to close the planet first then fire if no enemy ships are present, not stand off from several hundred million kilometres. NPR ground invasions would be even more welcome! He can do it for precursors!!

Ian
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:55:49 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #593 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »
While investigating a slowdown in Aurora 6.43 game I used the designer mode to investigate. Sure enough there were the precursors and an NPR fighting it out. No big surprise. However as the action wound up I watched the NPR use 955 ASMs and over 2100 AMMs to kill  a C10's worth of ground forces and a handful of DSTS and they were still launching when I gave up counting. Every ship in the NPR fleet appeared determined to fire every missile they had.

Is there any chance of Steve making the NPR response to a few ground forces a little more measured? Even get them to close the planet first then fire if no enemy ships are present, not stand off from several hundred million kilometres. NPR ground invasions would be even more welcome! He can do it for precursors!!

Ian

Ahem, I remember messing with the game too and I was kind of surprised when I looked at how the AI treats mines.

So, there was that one mine floating harmlessly around. An enemy fleet approached and... launched every single missile they had. At a single mine.
A screenshot follows.

Though I doubt this is the intended reaction. Maybe I should write about it in Bugs section as well.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #594 on: July 10, 2015, 01:59:45 AM »
Would be nice to put factories on ship, a lot easier to move around than construction brigades...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #595 on: July 10, 2015, 03:32:17 AM »
When placing ground forces on a new colony I am acutely aware that without space-based assets they are very vulnerable to any passing marauder and there are never enough ships to garrison every new colony. I want a ground based system that is easily emplaced and can be moved when its been superseded at its original location to avoid spamming dozens of small PDCs.

I therefore propose that PDCs that can be pre-fabricated in 1 section (approximately 1350-1400 tons - Edit actually found that PDCs of at least 2150 tons can be pre-fabricated in 1 section) are not fixed for ever and can be moved.  I could then build the PDC below and include it as part of my early colony ground force.

Code: [Select]
Bofors AA Emplacement Mk III class Anti-Air Defence Installation    1 200 tons     53 Crew     904.6 BP      TCS 24  TH 0  EM 0
Armour 16-10     Sensors 1/6     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 11
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Spare Berths 2   
Twin R15/C6 Meson Cannon Turret (1x2)    Range 150 000km     TS: 31600 km/s     Power 12-12     RM 15    ROF 5        1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
PDC Fire Control S02 112.5-40000 (1)    Max Range: 225 000 km   TS: 40000 km/s     96 91 87 82 78 73 69 64 60 56
Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor Technology PB-1 (2)     Total Power Output 12    Armour 0    Exp 5%
Active Search Sensor MR1-R1 (1)     GPS 6     Range 1.1m km    MCR 118k km    Resolution 1

This design is classed as a Planetary Defence Centre and can be pre-fabricated in 1 sections

Ian
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:52:41 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #596 on: July 27, 2015, 02:19:13 PM »
Random new idea -

Civilian speed limits.

Race setting, civilian ships will set their speeds between the upper and lower bounds, and ships incapable of the lower bound will not be built.

Or, just an upper bound, so you cannot starve the civs completely.

Why?  Because it would lower the chance that ALL the civs colony ships would bumrush a new colony at the same time.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #597 on: July 28, 2015, 01:50:47 AM »
Comets need a checkbox for disabling their names, someone over in the bay12 forum was having trouble with them, probably a system spawned an ungodly number of comets.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #598 on: July 28, 2015, 08:33:15 AM »
Couldn't he just turn the display off if he wants to see things below? And if he actually wants to see the comets, then how would hiding their names do any good ???
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #599 on: July 28, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »
... Maybe I missed something, I couldn't find a button to turn displaying comets off.