Author Topic: Automated turns not good enough  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
Automated turns not good enough
« on: February 06, 2010, 02:22:05 PM »
Well these 2 NPRs are having a war but they are not stopping. I have left my automated turns on and it has just been constant time adjustments of 30 seconds for the past 500 turns. They aren't even fighting they are sitting at their bases in different systems. Why are they still slowing down time????

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Automated turns not good enough
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
Quote from: "Micro102"
Well these 2 NPRs are having a war but they are not stopping. I have left my automated turns on and it has just been constant time adjustments of 30 seconds for the past 500 turns. They aren't even fighting they are sitting at their bases in different systems. Why are they still slowing down time????
What does the event log say in SM mode?

Steve

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• M
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:56:07 PM »
Last time increment 1800 seconds (0:00:30:00)
Increment length adjusted due to imminent action. This may involve 2 NPRs fighting.

I get this same thing spammed for days.....I have it over 1500 times now.

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• M
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 05:57:11 PM »
I heard that there is a way to use space master to make these 2 annoyances best friends...How do i do that?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »
You can't make them best friends with each other, you can only make them best friends with you.

That is, unless you take control of one or both of them, in which case the empire(s) you now control can be made to do whatever you want.

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• M
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 06:46:19 PM »
No, i KNOW someone said that they constantly change the diplomacy rating of other races to keep them fighting each other.

Just not on these forums, I'm waiting for a reply from them too.

Offline mrwigggles

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »
Quote from: "Micro102"
No, i KNOW someone said that they constantly change the diplomacy rating of other races to keep them fighting each other.

Just not on these forums, I'm waiting for a reply from them too.

Calm down Micro. No one /has/ to help you.

It is possible that the other person was mistaken, since the only veteran players of the game and even the dever is here, so you /should/ take their world over bay12 players.

And  the SM event you gave, wasn't helpful.

Do you have SM mode on?

In the top part of the event list, where it states the empire name, does it say SM Mode?

Do you click over to just display combat list?

Have you dump the event list from Sm mode into a text log to get a more verbose event list?

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• M
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 08:10:35 PM »
You misinterpreted my post, I'm not demanded help, i was just so sure that someone said that you could and you can he just answered me. For anyone who is interested this is how.

Go to combat only in Events SM mode, click on one of the enemy combat reports, their system screen will come up, click on the diplomacy button on the system view screen and adjust their DR points with SM mode.

I also only had one SM event literally repeated 1000's of times, i can't give you any others.

Offline mrwigggles

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 08:15:48 PM »
On the bottom of the event list there is a convert to text button. If you click that, the game will stall for a few as it dumps the events to a text file that will be saved in the folder where aurora is located. Have you done that and read its more verbose entries?

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• M
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 08:52:06 PM »
5th February 2036 23:54:36,Precursors,Olgagermani,FAC #37701 001 - Missile Fire Control FC11.88-R70 targeting Singapore 003 at 24m km
5th February 2036 23:54:36,Precursors,Olgagermani,Size 4 Box Launcher (x19) reloading.  1800 seconds until next missile launch.

That's what popped up for 20 days 30 minutes at a time, but sometimes different ships.

I'd say 4-5 different attacking and targeted ships.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 08:41:42 AM »
Micro, You run into a known issue.  NPR's that have run out of ammo but won't break-off contact.  My understanding is that Steve has this fixed for v5.0.  Until then only database modification will get you past it.  My suggestion is to zip the Stevefire database and send it to Steve and ask his help directly.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• M
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:25:10 PM »
No, i will just constantly make them all allies, and then fight to my last survey ship against the hordes that will come after me  :(

Offline Micro102 (OP)

• M
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
Hmmm, is there anyway to make the NPCs ignore missile technology completely?