Author Topic: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 44243 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v7.00 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2015, 06:18:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure the passive sensor range indicators are sometimes drawn incorrectly.  I put some tracking stations on a moon near some dangerous jump points, and found that they were improbably large (a single tracking station covered almost the jump points in the system).  A quick search turned up a past report, and I have indeed put my listening post on a moon.

Yes, sensor ranges from moons were incorrect but sensor ranges from planets were fine. Fixed for v7.1

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2015, 06:29:16 PM »
When I don't have enough prefabricated PDC components, but try to assemble it anyway, this happens.
Amount of components goes into negative, and I can continue assembling more PDCs, decreasing number of components even further.

Fixed for v7.1

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2015, 09:45:09 PM »
1: Game Details screen

The startup Game Select / Game Details screen doesn't show up as a taskbar icon, no matter how I start it.  No way to alttab to it either.
I had the same issue. You can work around it by clicking select and then come back to game details (iirc its first menu second option)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2015, 09:53:07 PM »
I've noticed a few times now that if you refit a ship and it's maximum speed changes, the set speed of the task group it's in doesn't change, even if the old speed is higher than the new maximum speed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »
Units can be combat dropped from a parasite ship in a hanger bay.

Don't know if thats a bug or a limitation.

It is a bug. Fixed for v7.1

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2015, 01:22:28 PM »
I've noticed a few times now that if you refit a ship and it's maximum speed changes, the set speed of the task group it's in doesn't change, even if the old speed is higher than the new maximum speed.

Fixed for v7.1 and also added the same check for repairs.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:24:11 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »
Captured officers shouldn't get promotions (with realistic promotions turned on). One of my officers was captured a few years ago and is now the highest ranking officer in my navy.

Also, the officer history for a captured officer can say things such as "10th December 2052: Relieved from Commander - Terra Fleet 1. Currently a passenger on " when they're being held prisoner aboard an enemy ship.

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2015, 01:24:38 PM »
Odd little display bug. I have a grav survey ship in a level 1 nebula (2500kms per level of armor), whose max class speed is 2000kms, with 4 layers of armor, that shows up as infinite time to destination, 0 speed on the system map screen, but that shows normal speed and normal time to destination on the task group screen, and which seems to be moving at normal speed every turn.  I should note that this ship was refit from an earlier version of the class that had only 1 layer of armor, and when it had that one layer of armor it showed the correct speed in a level 4 and a level 5 nebula.  I have not actually entered those other nebula yet to see if they now show the same error though.

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »
I've discovered a way to accidentally delete ships; have fleet that contains ships that have been assigned to a PDC hanger and ships that have not been in a task force. Give the order "Land on Assigned Mothership"- the assigned ships land in the PDCs, the Task Force disbands, the unassigned ships disappear (their commanders are at location "Unknown System" and not assigned to their ships).

Offline TheRowan

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2015, 03:58:49 AM »
Another odd little one... I loaded up my saved game today, and the date had been set back by four years (ie. when I left the date said 2032, when I loaded it it said 2028). Now I have task forces with negative maintenance and crew clocks, and officers with negative time in post.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2015, 06:41:42 AM »
That's very unusual, did the game crash during turn processing?
Or maybe , are you using the backup utility?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline TheRowan

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2015, 07:11:05 AM »
No to both... I had quit normally and this occurred when I started back up. Only the date had changed, the game was still otherwise in the same state as it had been in 2032. The only thing I can think of that I did differently was that I accidentally selected and then deselected "invaders" in the startup window. Most peculiar.

Offline alvin853

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »
---------------------------
Error in WreckID
Error 3061 was generated by DAO.Database
1 Parameter wurden erwartet, aber es wurden zu wenig Parameter übergeben.
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

Error in WreckID
Error 91 was generated by Aurora
Object variable or With block variable not set
Please report to http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/board,11.0.html

I have a task group with default order to salvage ships, that was clearing up a system, and after the last wreck was salvaged I got that error message

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »
Captured officers shouldn't get promotions (with realistic promotions turned on). One of my officers was captured a few years ago and is now the highest ranking officer in my navy.

Also, the officer history for a captured officer can say things such as "10th December 2052: Relieved from Commander - Terra Fleet 1. Currently a passenger on " when they're being held prisoner aboard an enemy ship.

Fixed for v7.1

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2015, 06:45:08 PM »