Author Topic: Why can't this ship transfer maintenance supplies?  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Why can't this ship transfer maintenance supplies?
« on: June 08, 2020, 05:18:43 AM »
Hi folks-

This ship seems to be unable to transfer maintenance supplies, and I am unsure why:

MV Vinsel 001  (Vinsel class Maintenance Vessel)      51,456 tons       405 Crew       1,602.2 BP       TCS 1,029    TH 2,500    EM 0
2429 km/s      Armour 1-123       Shields 0-0       HTK 159      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 8,019    Max Repair 200 MSP
Troop Capacity 10,000 tons     Drop Capable    Magazine 500    Cargo 5,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 2   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   

Commercial Improved Nuclear Pulse Engine  EP125.0 (20)    Power 2500    Fuel Use 8.94%    Signature 125    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 2,000,000 Litres    Range 78.2 billion km (372 days at full power)
Refuelling Capability: 50,000 litres per hour     Complete Refuel 40 hours

Javelin ASM (43)    Speed: 17,067 km/s    End: 9.8m     Range: 10m km    WH: 8    Size: 6    TH: 108/64/32
Alnösund AMM (242)    Speed: 19,200 km/s    End: 0.6m     Range: 0.6m km    WH: 1    Size: 1    TH: 147/88/44
Ordnance Transfer Rate: 40 MSP per hour     Complete Transfer 12.5 hours

Missile to hit chances are vs targets moving at 3000 km/s, 5000 km/s and 10,000 km/s

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

I have checked the "supply ship" box in the class design screen (along with collier and tanker), and it has cargo shuttles. If I give a "Join fleet and resupply" or "Resupply from own ships" order, I get a message that the order was completed but no supplies get transferred. Any thoughts about what is going on?

Offline Veneke

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
Re: Why can't this ship transfer maintenance supplies?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 05:23:37 AM »
Is the reserve maintenance supply set too high?

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 05:49:59 AM »
Minimum supplies is 0.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 07:21:14 AM »
Try to wait for few days after you receive the message, I think that you receive message instantly, not after the transfer is done.

Offline CowboyRonin

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 07:37:05 AM »
In my experience, even with those settings, you need to go into the Fleet Overview for the fleet (once the ship has joined), go to the Ship Design Display for the supply ship, and select Auto Resupply Own Fleet.  Without that setting (and it defaults to No Auto Resupply), nothing will actually move.  This applies to tankers in a fleet, as well.

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 08:51:02 AM »
In my experience, even with those settings, you need to go into the Fleet Overview for the fleet (once the ship has joined), go to the Ship Design Display for the supply ship, and select Auto Resupply Own Fleet.  Without that setting (and it defaults to No Auto Resupply), nothing will actually move.  This applies to tankers in a fleet, as well.

I don't see an "Auto Resupply Own Fleet" button, just a "Resupply Own Fleet" button? In any case, doesn't seem to make any difference.

Offline Lightning

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • L
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »
I haven't tried building a maint ship yet, but after recent play, was deciding to. My first thought would be "Is a maintenance module required?"

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 05:14:23 PM »
I haven't tried building a maint ship yet, but after recent play, was deciding to. My first thought would be "Is a maintenance module required?"
If you mean a supply ship, then no.

Offline Ri0Rdian

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: Ri0Rdian#3639
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »

Supplies are for repairs or maintenance modules/installations. Maintenance module would allow you to stop the clock (if you have enough tonnage) but you would still need supplies to perform it. You want modules for long range support ships or forward bases, so ships don't have to rush home for overhaul or that they can sit in system with enough maintenance capacity to keep them from clocking more hours and more random breaks, while waiting for whatever you want to do with them.

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2020, 07:48:47 PM »

I don't see an "Auto Resupply Own Fleet" button, just a "Resupply Own Fleet" button? In any case, doesn't seem to make any difference.
You're looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place. You need to go to the ship design display as CowboyRonin said, find the drop-down menu that defaults to 'no auto resupply' and change it.