Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 261904 times)

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« on: July 04, 2011, 11:45:56 AM »
I just encountered another alien race, unlike the past 3 they didn't immediately fire at the survey ship, we're making a ton of great communication rolls and I think this'll work out. In other news, a grav survey ship exploded on its way to Earth to overhaul, the irony, it burnssssss!

Also, right after I finished max oxygen +20% my allies gave me max oxygen -10%, thanks friends!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:44:15 PM by Jacob/Lee »

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:58:44 PM »
I just made my first missile ships.
But somehow I think you already knew that >.>

The following users thanked this post: The Forbidden

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:06:08 PM »
Don't forget the ECM and ECCM <.<

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
Currently, my empire is planet hopping through the colonies of the Linquing en-route to their Home World.  The Linquing have no remaining warships and my fleet controls the space around their Home World.  Elsewhere, all of my freighters are desperately shuttling infrastructure to the Inman Home World.  The Inman (a friendly race) were bombarded by the Juggernaut and the Home World has fallen from a population of 3 billion to less than 1.9 billion in just over a year.  My race occupied the Inman Home World so that they could try and save the survivors.  The entire Inman fleet plus all the facilities and shipyards on the Home World were destroyed by a single Juggernaut.  At the same time my fleet is going through a major upgrade program including replacing all SCAM drives with GCAM drives.  Threats are everywhere, the fleet is spread thin, I cannot build ships fast enough and I'm loving it :)
Welchbloke

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 02:41:01 AM »
So I am dragging ass through the increments, hundreds of 5-60 sec increments. I am really tempted to search every nook and cranny of these systems to find the combatants and bust some asses over there. This is getting ridiculous.

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 06:59:02 AM »
21 years into the game and I just finished the grav survey of the sol system (partly because I didn't start with any RP but mostly because I totally forgot about actually building those Survey ships >.>) and I have a total of 7 JP's. I hope I can find a system with only one JP so I can spawn an NPR there, without having to worry about the NPR crashing my game by fighting other enemies...

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 03:08:01 PM »
So far there has been about 6 pages of constant 5 second increments. Go to hell.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 04:35:19 PM »
So far there has been about 6 pages of constant 5 second increments. Go to hell.

Do you have Auto Increments on? That alleviates some of the pain.

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »
Do you have Auto Increments on? That alleviates some of the pain.
Yep.

Offline trespoe

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
I also am involved in an increment-hell.

I have a survey ship scouting a system and two NPR's start a shooting war right next to it.  currently the first NPR has two 20,000 ton ships at a speed of 12,000 running away from a horde of smaller ships with a speed of 2000.  the big ships keep sending missiles back to the second NPR horde but the second have about 200 railguns and gauss canons blowing up the missiles as soon as they are in range.  This running fight has taken over 8 pages of 5 second increments and is showing no end in sight. 

The first NPR keeps doing the run and shoot and the second just doesn't have the speed to catch up.

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 05:32:34 PM »
They'll run out of missiles eventually  :P

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 06:02:44 PM »
They may not run out of missiles
Sounds like they could be invaders and invaders don't use normal missiles

Offline trespoe

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 06:38:43 PM »
aaaannnndd.    now I get no response to Aurora when I try to advance the clock. . . . 

It has crashed, Jim.

after over 30 minutes of in game 5 second increments.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 06:58:35 PM »
This does happen occasionally.  Its the nature of the beast, sadly.  I hear sometimes people will help you recover your database.  I crashed my first game and broke it, but my current one has gone on for 80 years with no problem.  But probably want to take the bug discussion up to the bug thread.

On topic:

The fleet has found a race of aliens who use small fighter craft.  The expeditionary force is massing and preparing to burst on the scene.  ON the way, however, the sensor ships picked up a pprecursor vessel in a system with a ruin: who knows how long its been there, monitoring us?  The fleet was too slow to catch it-- it maintained distance, but a wing of FACs closed the gap and popped it with a single salvo.

On other fronts, the search for the El Dorado is ongoing.  We've found a few small, uninhabited colonies and have enslaved about 2 million el doradans... but no sign has been found of where the heck they came from or where their fleet is.  The troop transports that dropped the combat brigade on the el dorado detected a fleet of 12 transports that suddenly showed up in orbit; they fired their antimissile missiles as they fled destroying six of the transports. 

When the fleet arrived from two systems over, the transports were gone-- and we have no idea where.

ITS A MYSTERY, MAN.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »
This does happen occasionally.  Its the nature of the beast, sadly.  I hear sometimes people will help you recover your database.  I crashed my first game and broke it, but my current one has gone on for 80 years with no problem.  But probably want to take the bug discussion up to the bug thread.

On topic:

The fleet has found a race of aliens who use small fighter craft.  The expeditionary force is massing and preparing to burst on the scene.  ON the way, however, the sensor ships picked up a pprecursor vessel in a system with a ruin: who knows how long its been there, monitoring us?  The fleet was too slow to catch it-- it maintained distance, but a wing of FACs closed the gap and popped it with a single salvo.

On other fronts, the search for the El Dorado is ongoing.  We've found a few small, uninhabited colonies and have enslaved about 2 million el doradans... but no sign has been found of where the heck they came from or where their fleet is.  The troop transports that dropped the combat brigade on the el dorado detected a fleet of 12 transports that suddenly showed up in orbit; they fired their antimissile missiles as they fled destroying six of the transports. 

When the fleet arrived from two systems over, the transports were gone-- and we have no idea where.

ITS A MYSTERY, MAN.

Sensors man, sensors!