Author Topic: Ship design questions  (Read 2207 times)

Offline sandman662

• Petty Officer
  • s
Re: Ship design questions
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »
Just tried to create a PDC.  I clicked [New], then clicked on the drop down window and chose PDC.  I got a pop up window that said, "Warning!! Selecting this option will remove some systems for your design.  Do you wish to continue?

Is that a bad thing?

Offline Journier

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • J
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 06:44:32 PM »
Quote from: "sandman662"
Just tried to create a PDC.  I clicked [New], then clicked on the drop down window and chose PDC.  I got a pop up window that said, "Warning!! Selecting this option will remove some systems for your design.  Do you wish to continue?

Is that a bad thing?

just removes a couple components that arent required on a PDC. like engineering? and.... something else maybe i forget without having the game open.

Nothing to worry about if you want it you can readd it later.

Offline sandman662

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »
Cool.  I sorta panicked when I first saw it.  While I was typing my post, I sorta figured it out and thought that is what it meant.  I was afraid, the first time I saw it, that it was telling me that it was going to delete some of my ship designs... I thought I had hit the limit for designs, which would be a scary thing seeing how I only have about 25 designs.  Is there a limit?

Offline The Shadow (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »
Regarding commercial jump tenders... What on earth (or off of it) do you guys suggest filling them up with to get them to the required size?

I was thinking of putting a bunch of fuel and maintenance supplies on them, letting them act as forward tankers and supply ships... but they get really expensive really fast doing that.

Any other thoughts?  It seems kind of silly to have to pad out an enormous hull;  you'd think you could just have most of it be empty space and call it good.

If I put cargo spaces or colonists on them, can other ships transfer stuff to them for others to pick up?  I don't recall seeing any way to do that.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »
Quote from: "The Shadow"
Regarding commercial jump tenders... What on earth (or off of it) do you guys suggest filling them up with to get them to the required size?

I was thinking of putting a bunch of fuel and maintenance supplies on them, letting them act as forward tankers and supply ships... but they get really expensive really fast doing that.

Any other thoughts?  It seems kind of silly to have to pad out an enormous hull;  you'd think you could just have most of it be empty space and call it good.

If I put cargo spaces or colonists on them, can other ships transfer stuff to them for others to pick up?  I don't recall seeing any way to do that.

Cargo holds are the cheapest cost/space.  You might also consider a troop bay or two.  No, there's no cross-decking allowed for cargo or passengers (but there is for troops).

John