Author Topic: v2.3.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 8344 times)

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: v2.3.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2023, 02:45:56 AM »
I think it went like this:
  • Build Organization for Division 1
  • Realize that I had already built some regiments that needed a div HQ so manually build Division 2
  • Build Organization for Division 3
And the regiments for Div 3 were put under Div 1 and 2, if I recall correctly, instead of under Div 3. But this was on 2.2.0. I'll see if I can reproduce it for 2.3.1.

Interesting. I had something similar to this. My garrison division HQs were built too small at first, so I had to reorder a new set of division HQs separately to replace those I had built first and then updated the organization with the correct HQs size. I didn't notice it at first, but it is very possible that this is when the problem occurred.

Offline joshuawood

• Chief Petty Officer
  • j
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2023, 03:08:50 AM »
Quite a major one: Genetic Centres don't seem to be restricted to the body they are on to where they place the population once it is created.

https://i.imgur.com/jsVxDZA.png

28th June Populations were as follows:

Terra - Mercurians ~2.1m
Mercury - Mercurians ~1.94m

https://i.imgur.com/iRCahbr.png

7th of august Populations were:

Terra - Mercurians ~2.12m
Mercury - Mercurians ~2.24m

~0.11 of a year, the growth rate of the mercury colony is  15% in that time!

Not a single ship travelled between these 2 planets in this time.

As you can see the Terra growth is about as expected, meanwhile the mercury colony is growing at a massive rate!

I assume the check for being on the same body is wonky somewhere, this is my 2nd time encountering this bug and other people have mentioned similar bugs.

SJW: Fixed for v2.4.0
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 06:02:19 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline superstrijder15

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2023, 04:14:17 AM »
I gave myself a ship at a higher tech level than I have right now (as an RP 'salvaged' vessel from the moon, which humanity cannot fully replicate yet), and now it is not correctly overhauling. The maintenance value does become green, but the deployment timer doesn't and both of them keep ticking upwards
There are a couple things that happened for the first time here:
1. I had a ship of a higher tech level than mine
2. I gave a ship to another race via the gift button
3. I owned a ship built by a deleted race
So I'm guessing one of these is the issue?
I also checked the economy window and there the maintained tonnage is the tonnage of my only other military ship, rather than the tonnage of this heavier ship.

Info:
window affected: economy & fleet organization
start: TN
real stars
decimal seperator is a comma
reproducability: have not tested this yet, since I just found this bug in the train to work
campaign length: happened on the first overhaul

This link has an album with two consecutive 5 day increments showing the timers going up: https://imgur.com/a/P8P4klD

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2023, 05:19:13 AM »
I clicked on a 5 days increment and got the error below, when I closed the error window the I got a message that my jump construction ship had finished the stabilization of a Lagrange point on Uranus, so maybe it is connected to that.

The function number: 3673
The complete error text: Reference to an  object not set to an object's instance
The window affected: Main map
What you were doing at the time: Click on 5 days increment
Conventional or TN start: Conventional
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? Comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? intermittent
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 24 years

SJW: Fixed for v.2.4.0
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 07:35:56 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2023, 07:17:48 AM »
There is something funky going on with assignment of ground unit formations when building from organizations. For the first 20 years of game play it has worked just fine, but I have noticed that with the recent formations I have constructed, after the top level division is built, then the new formations are not assigned in a hierarchy under the newly built division, but are instead placed under the first available division in the OOB for that colony. I have attached images of OOB before construction, the garrison division in the organization page, and how it looks after building the 14th garrison division and the 12th PDC-PD, which is placed under the 1st Assault Division.

I have tried to rebuild the organization a couple of times, both by replacing the various elements and by deleting the organization and starting over, but the end result is the same in all cases. Also if I contruct an assault division, then the new Armored Brigade is placed under the 1st Assault Division instead of the newly constructed 3rd Assault Division.

Since this occurred after a while, I am not sure what could be done to replicate it, so I am instead attaching my database file, if it helps with debugging.

Did you modify the build queue after it was created?

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2023, 07:23:10 AM »
Did you modify the build queue after it was created?

Not in the described tests I ran. I did change the order at some point, which I think was at the same time that I had to reorder some new division HQ's described in my second post, but not since then.

Offline Sigaur

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2023, 01:18:56 PM »
Hello everyone.   
(First time posting so I just want to say that I f**ing love to play Aurora ! :) )

I have two small "bugs" to report :

1- The "assign fleet" option in ship combat does not check if weapons are destroyed before assigning to fire control. 
For instance if I have two ships (named A and B), from the same class using beams weapons. 
If A beam are destroyed, I can go to ship B and use assign fleet to have A firing again. 
This bug was present on older versions too (I plaid guilty I may have exploited this to cheese some fights ^^)

2- When building a ship, ordonnance is loaded in the ship whithout checking if said ship is able to load missiles. 
For instance I had a class of ship with magazines, missiles launchers and 200missiles in the class ordonance template. 
I copied this class and removed the magazines, and missiles launchers.   
When building the new class, 200missiles are loaded (even if the new class no longer has magazines). 
It is then impossible to unload the missiles at colony. 

SJW: Added a 'Design Error' message if ordnance exceeds capacity. I didn't want to automatically remove ordnance as that would be annoying when trying different design options
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 06:15:26 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314, Ultimoos

Offline lumporr

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • l
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2023, 03:46:32 PM »
When using the Ship Template system, I created a ship class which I imported to another race, but a few things were a bit off.

On the imported ship class, fractional capacitor railguns weren't the exact same as the template - instead of a 4.5 power capacitor, the new component had a 5 power capacitor, causing power generation to be slightly under target. Furthermore, the size of a jump drive changed when importing - a 75,000 ton military jump drive became an 86,250 ton jump drive, though this embiggening only affected jump drives that had greater than 50k distance ratings.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2023, 06:15:04 PM »
Power Plants and Railgun random company name are assigned to the wrong list generating Engines companies name.

SJW: WAI that Power and Engine have the same company names. Cannot reproduce railgun issue.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 05:04:36 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Coleslaw

• I got the Versacis on, stop playin'!
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2023, 02:03:49 AM »
Dragging a ground unit organization onto a formation within its organization causes the game to go unresponsive, requiring you to force exit the game.

SJW: This creates an endless hierarchy, so the game goes into an endless loop. I've added code to prevent this and a popup to explain.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 05:45:33 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2023, 02:15:46 AM »
Got a state where four disabled fighters, none of which had an intact fire control or were anywhere near an enemy, were apparently forcing 'imminent action' 5 second turns. The only way I could find to end it was to abandon all four of the fighters in the Tarn Vedra system.

Attached DB prior to abandoning the fighters.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2023, 02:26:03 AM »
Got a state where four disabled fighters, none of which had an intact fire control or were anywhere near an enemy, were apparently forcing 'imminent action' 5 second turns. The only way I could find to end it was to abandon all four of the fighters in the Tarn Vedra system.

Did you try the 'cease fire all ships' button?

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2023, 04:39:51 AM »

Probably not, I don't see a button with that label anywhere so I probably didn't find it at the time either.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2023, 04:42:03 AM »

Probably not, I don't see a button with that label anywhere so I probably didn't find it at the time either.

It's on the miscellaneous tab of the tactical map. Useful for shutting down all fire controls in general and also fixing any issues that arise through destroyed but somehow active fire controls (which I thought I had fixed).

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2023, 06:57:04 PM »
This looks weird to me:

I have "use real names" ticked on and I have also pressed the button for the same thing with SM mode on. It's caused by the "Group Contacts" tick box. Without it, it looks fine:

Not using "Group Contacts" will lead to an unreadable system view pretty soon as the factions get more and more ships in Earth orbit.

SJW: Fixed for v2.4.0
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:06:40 AM by Steve Walmsley »