Author Topic: Function 730 and 722 pop-up Errors  (Read 1266 times)

Offline davidr (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Function 730 and 722 pop-up Errors
« on: December 23, 2020, 01:59:42 PM »
On opening a my save game and hitting the 5 day increment I am now receiving the Function 730 followed by 722 error . Hitting Ok after this will let me continue . If I save and close the game then re-open i get the self same errors.

I do not understand at all the intricacies of the DB but have tried looking at the DB info. ( in view mode only and with a copy outside of the Aurora folder )

If I read the Game log correctly it seems as if some AI vessels have run out of fuel etc.

My question is - can this cause Function errors and should AI vessels be able to run out of fuel.

I have saved the DB at the point of errors - should this be submitted for any investigation

DavidR

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Function 730 and 722 pop-up Errors
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 02:33:00 PM »
Looks like that is related to creating an order for a population that doesn't exist.

What is the error text, rather than just the number?

Offline dr125

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 02:51:11 PM »
I don't have a save handy, but I get these every time a survey ship follows the "refuel, resupply and overhaul' conditional order sue to deployment time. Seemingly when it is due to needing fuel (same order, different condition) it does not throw the error. Possibly relatedly, that order does not refuel and resupply when due to deployment, though it does for fuel triggering the order. Both conditions go ahead with the overhaul.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
I don't have a save handy, but I get these every time a survey ship follows the "refuel, resupply and overhaul' conditional order sue to deployment time. Seemingly when it is due to needing fuel (same order, different condition) it does not throw the error. Possibly relatedly, that order does not refuel and resupply when due to deployment, though it does for fuel triggering the order. Both conditions go ahead with the overhaul.
Oh, this is a known bug!

The refuel, resupply, and overhaul order doesn't issue correctly if you aren't in a system with an overhaul location. It doesn't have any knock on effects; you can keep playing the game without issues.

Offline davidr (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 02:18:51 AM »
Steve and others,

Thanks for the replies

1 ) Steve - reading your reply I thought that it might be because I am colonizing Mars . It has a current infrastructure capacity of 6.12M but I note that the actual population ( due to civilian ship movements ) is 6.13M . Could over population trigger any error codes ?. I now am shipping more infrastructure to Mars but will the Civilian AI stop shipping colonists if there is not enough infrastructure in place?

I also have a Gravitational Survey ship in an adjacent system with Conditional orders to return for refuel , resupply and overhaul if fuel is below 40% ( I normally add a conditional order limit of 20% for the supply but have not done so for this vessel ). I note that the the current fuel is only 36% ( it is within its deployment time ) and it is due to transit the Jump Point into Sol next turn.  In view of the 2 replies could it be this vessel and conditional orders which is causing the errors.

DavidR

PS Function error message was " Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 02:22:31 AM by davidr »

Offline davidr (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 03:07:25 AM »
Ok , a quick update,

The Function error messages disappeared once the Grav Survey vessel entered the Sol system.

However I now have the same Function error messages which I assume refers to another Gravitational Survey vessel in another adjacent system and which has also exceeded its minimum conditional fuel amount and is returning to the Sol system for refuel , resupply and overhaul.

It seems that I can safely ignore these error messages until Steve releases the 1.13.0 update which will fix this particular bug.

DavidR