Author Topic: More supported resolutions and questions on workarounds  (Read 1475 times)

Offline lavenders2 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • l
More supported resolutions and questions on workarounds
« on: November 29, 2011, 02:15:04 AM »
Ok, so I played this game on my desktop computer and it was the best space game I have played in a while.  I still suck at it though, but practice makes perfect (although in games like this perfect is never an option)

However, when that desktop sorta broke down, the only other option was to use a laptop, and like most other laptops, didn't support the required resolution.  My suggestion is simple: support at least 1 other resolution that laptops can handle.  I don't know how simple this is, but it can't be that hard, right?

Until then, I can waste heaps of time and pull out a crappy spare computer that I know should work with Aurora, or use this laptop, and the plan is to use this laptop.  I was reading the tutorial and found some workarounds, but only the scrolling screen (option 1) will work on this laptop because it is running windows 7 not XP.  Is this workaround usable enough, or is it too painful to use and I should go play something else instead?

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: More supported resolutions and questions on workarounds
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:14:48 AM »
If the reduced size window option in the setup doesn´t work, you´re probably out of luck.

Except, you _could_ plug your PCs monitor into your laptop? Most laptops nowadays have a port for that.

Edit: Using a dual-monitor setup is the way to play Aurora anyway :)  (three would be even better, of course)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:16:22 AM by Hawkeye »
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline orfeusz

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:05:04 PM »

Edit: Using a dual-monitor setup is the way to play Aurora anyway :)  (three would be even better, of course)

Yea, just first make sure that your graphic card have more then one port to connect monitor. Not all new cards have them.
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline madpraxis

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • m
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
. . . hehe. . . . or just close the laptop, plug in an external monitor and a usb keyboard :D

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 02:24:26 PM »
I've been running it on my 4 year old Toshiba with an AMD Athlon X2. I've had to deal with only being able to read half the buttons on several menus for a while, but, it is worth it.

Now to resist the temptation to try Aurora on my desktop that I just upgraded to an AMD Phenom II X4 with 8GB DDR3....