Author Topic: Moving minerals  (Read 3699 times)

Offline scoopdjm

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
Re: Moving minerals
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »
pffffffft, my explanation was better.

in any case know that finances are mui importante

Offline Girlinhat

• Lieutenant
  • G
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
Ah, I guess I never got so far ahead that my economy was in trouble!  I was always planning to make Mars into a paradise world for the custom species "Marzoids" and have them produce all my monies (or a lot, at least) because Mars has no minerals to speak of.  I'll keep that in mind though, to get a growing economy...

Offline Person012345 (OP)

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 08:47:34 PM »
Ok, so new question.  I've started a new game, to take it slightly more seriously now I have some idea what I'm doing.  However, this time my civilian line just seems to be sitting around doing nothing.  I have contracts set up, I also recently established a titan colony, but the civvie line is just sitting there with it's 1500 wealth and not purchasing any of my designed commercial vessels.  No doubt I inadvertantly did something last game that I didn't do this game, but does anyone have any idea why? It's a problem because for some reason my government freighters won't load infrastructure from the earth, where it's being produced (it was the same in the last game where the civ line delivered it fine), so the civvie line is the only way I know of delivering it atm.  But as I say, they seem content to sit on their money.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
First, check the build cost of your designs is less than the shipping lines available funds.
Second build a freighter of your own and some infrastructure (build the infrastructure yourself from the industries tab) and move it to a colonizable world. I'm not entirely certain but I think that civ lines don't look at supply and demand contracts and decide to build a ship to fulfill them. Instead they need to see a situation that they can fulfill that is already present, such as available space for colonists on another world.

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 09:15:59 PM »
Ok, so new question.  I've started a new game, to take it slightly more seriously now I have some idea what I'm doing.  However, this time my civilian line just seems to be sitting around doing nothing.  I have contracts set up, I also recently established a titan colony, but the civvie line is just sitting there with it's 1500 wealth and not purchasing any of my designed commercial vessels.  No doubt I inadvertantly did something last game that I didn't do this game, but does anyone have any idea why? It's a problem because for some reason my government freighters won't load infrastructure from the earth, where it's being produced (it was the same in the last game where the civ line delivered it fine), so the civvie line is the only way I know of delivering it atm.  But as I say, they seem content to sit on their money.

Make sure the freighter is cheap enough for the civvie to produce it. And make sure that your freighters have empty cargo, and have orders to both pick up and drop off the infrastructure.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

• Captain
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:15 PM »
Quote from: metalax link=topic=4257.   msg41856#msg41856 date=1319422501
First, check the build cost of your designs is less than the shipping lines available funds.   
Second build a freighter of your own and some infrastructure (build the infrastructure yourself from the industries tab) and move it to a colonizable world.    I'm not entirely certain but I think that civ lines don't look at supply and demand contracts and decide to build a ship to fulfill them.    Instead they need to see a situation that they can fulfill that is already present, such as available space for colonists on another world.   
Yeah, I figured they might, that's why I put a population on titan, to spur them into doing something, but it didn't.   

Uh, noob question, how can I tell how much my designs cost a company? I think that might be the reason (the design by this stage is pretty big for a start up company I guess), and I'd be happy to subsidise them up to the required wealth level, but I don't know how much it would cost them.   

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »
Look for the build cost on the class design screen.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 09:37:02 PM »
Build points?

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Build points?
yes, BP on the ship summary is the cost that the civilian company pays to build their ship.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:42:14 PM by metalax »

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 09:41:50 PM »
Quote from: metalax link=topic=4257. msg41863#msg41863 date=1319423960
yes, BP on the ship summary is the cost that the civilian company pays to build their ship.
Well that's not the problem then.

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 06:53:49 AM »
I cancelled the contracts I had and they built something.     

Edit: Though it's a colony ship, and it's still not doing anything.     But at least it's a start.   

Double edit: they started transporting colonists now I shipped adequate infrastructure, but they only have the one passenger ship.    Will they likely ever build cargo vessels or are they just being a passenger line?

Triple edit: Seems they were just lagging and have built one.  But yeah, fixed it by cancelling all the contracts I had open
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:18:29 AM by Person012345 »

Offline Girlinhat

• Lieutenant
  • G
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 07:38:58 AM »
The civilian shipping tends to do good with colony ships and cargo ships, eventually.  I usually don't bother with colony ships of my own, I just make a design and let the civilians handle it.  A bit slower, but meh, they do the work for me.