Author Topic: Quarternary with secondary orbiting @276b km and legrange point.  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Llamageddon (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
I was just wondering if anyone has had a system with more extreme dimensions, I thought I was mistaken when I was zooming out for so long without seeing another star. Having a legrange point from the inner system was lucky. Unfortunately there is only one colonisable world there.

Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Quarternary with secondary orbiting @276b km and legrange point.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »
I have definitely had a 200bn binary before. I had to get a lagrange stabilizer to create a lagrange point in the secondaries realm. Tankers and fuel consumption tech is your friend.

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 07:23:23 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone has had a system with more extreme dimensions, I thought I was mistaken when I was zooming out for so long without seeing another star. Having a legrange point from the inner system was lucky. Unfortunately there is only one colonisable world there.

Quite a few times.

For example: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11957.0

Whilst the two systems are only around 140b KM apart, the asteroid belt from one end to the other is just over 290b KM. Whilst that example is of a custom system, I didn't specify the exact size/dimensions of the belt that was all down freeform by the generation algorithm, and the game created the binary and distances itself.

Typically you'll run into such cases a lot more frequently when playing with Known Stars disabled and let the system generation just dip freely into the range of possibilities.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 07:25:45 PM by Tikigod »
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline Llamageddon (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »
That's interesting to know. This is my first game without known stars. I seem to be very unlucky on habitable worlds though.
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded