Author Topic: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 20503 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.7.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2020, 10:42:37 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10968.  msg126418#msg126418 date=1587458773
Quote from: abdull link=topic=10968.  msg126414#msg126414 date=1587457859
while looking for a ship class i accidentally pressed enter which gave me a error #2520 which deleted all my ship designs
and now when i try to save the game to restart the game i get a  error #1465
restarting the game deleted the ships i had
after restart i couldnt recreate the bug for i had no ships to try it on i think it only happens when you are changing the class of a locked design
2520 is the function that builds the class tree and is read-only.   Can you provide a more detailed description of exactly what you did?

yes  i can try :)
in the class designer i tried to change the class of a ship i had already build (not sure if this matters) i typed in the class i was looking for and pressed enter which gave me the bug, because i am not good at explaining stuff in English i added a picture.

Thanks for explanation. Not sure what happened. I can't even get the dropdown to accept an enter key input :)

Just avoid pressing enter in the box until I can understand what happened.

Offline Varee

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • V
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2020, 10:44:27 AM »
Not a big one/ not about mechanics
Using tab to move between feild when making a new game skips from local system spread to difficulty then back to constrution cycle time then skip over all the speed feild to generation chance.

It then go to research speed after reaching the end.

On the right side minimum npr distance is also skipped over and put at the end.

Offline Silverkeeper

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2020, 10:45:29 AM »
My ships condition deteriorates while they sit on orbit. I have enough maintenance facilities and it still happens.
Even worse Overhauling does nothing and the ships get stuck there, maintenance clock still running.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2020, 10:49:58 AM »
My ships condition deteriorates while they sit on orbit. I have enough maintenance facilities and it still happens.
Even worse Overhauling does nothing and the ships get stuck there, maintenance clock still running.

Is it under a training admin?

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »
Seems like 1.73 moved the hull abbreviations to the front of the list again.
So have to search for those when searching through the class drop down list

I think you may be using an earlier version. What is the version number on the Misc tab of the Tactical Map?

wtf... somehow I've managed to use 1.63 not 7.3.
Game still worked, but that was the reason yeah. I could have sworn I'd upgraded.

Is it someway I might know what version my DB is?

And I removed my other bug report, since who knows what this messed up  :-[
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Ekaton

• E
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2020, 10:54:23 AM »
Like other versions, 1.7.3 eventually reaches a stage when it endlessly processes a turn. I have kept it processing the turn for the past 30 minutes, and the task manager indicates that it’s still calculating, although the amout of memory used by the program dropped a bit. The last time this happened, I left it running for 8 hours, to no avail. Is there any point doing so now? Is there a way to fix that?

I use conventional starts, real solar systems, 1 NPR at world gen and this usually occurs every 20-30 years.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:04:55 AM by Ekaton »

Online Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2020, 10:55:34 AM »
When a fleet with multiple cargo freighters is given an order to "load mineral when x is available" for multiple mineral types in sequence. The ship at the top of the ship list is filled up first. This becomes a problem because when the first ship is full the game throws a "pickup failed" interrupt even if the fleet that it is a part of has the cargo space.

If you soldier through the interrupts the fleet will eventually load correctly but the interrupts eventually make things very annoying.

Either check that the there is cargo space on the fleet level or fill every cargo-capable ship in the fleet in parallel so they are full at the same time.

Offline Silverkeeper

• S
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2020, 10:55:50 AM »

Is it under a training admin?
Some are some are not. It doesnt seem to make a difference.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2020, 11:01:22 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10968. msg126502#msg126502 date=1587480806
Quote from: Aivaria link=topic=10968. msg126404#msg126404 date=1587451721
ive posted my bug in 1.  7.  2 already, but its also in 1.  7.  3

The function number - none, as this doesnt throw an exception
    The complete error text - none
    The window affected - all?
    What you were doing at the time - building super fuel efficient egines, and then progess time
    Conventional or TN start - TN
    Random or Real Stars - Random
    Is your decimal separator a comma? - i use GB locale for aurora, so no, its a dot
    Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - easy

when an engine fuel usage gets below 1, the fuel reserve gets somewhat messed up

ive been playing arround with different engines ans ship, and tried building realy small ships

ive created an engine, which should have very low fuel usage, and created an fighter sized geo survey ship.     Ranges say 3294 days at full power, but in real game, this ships uses 11 fuel per day (1,000/11 = ~91 days fuel)

link to db: https://drive.    google.    com/open?id=1EL7ShOxJKOH6bIpiIIQ8ZHs8WjW1nj1F   
Its quite simple to review: ive created an "GeoSurvey Fleet", progress 1 day, and see fuel diff
(pls dont judge for cheating, im figuring arround with stuff, and trying to learn things :D)

Code: [Select]
Simmel Aero Engines Photonic Drive  EP1.00
Engine Power 1.00    Fuel Use Per Hour 0 litres    Fuel per EPH 0
Thermal Signature 1.00    Explosion Chance 1%
Military Engine
Cost 5   Size 5 tons   Crew 1   HTK 1
Base Change to hit 100%
Materials Required: Gallicite  5
Code: [Select]
Anyanwu class Geosurvey Ship      351 tons       16 Crew       365.4 BP       TCS 7    TH 4    EM 0
569 km/s      Armour 1-4       Shields 0-0       HTK 5      Sensors 7/7/0/5      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 8.33 Years     MSP 182    AFR 4%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 5    5YR 70    Max Repair 300 MSP
Kaptajnlojnant    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Morale Check Required   

Simmel Aero Engines Photonic Drive  EP1.00 (4)    Power 4.0    Fuel Use 0.32%    Signature 1.00    Explosion 1%
Fuel Capacity 1,000 Litres    Range 161.9 billion km (3294 days at full power)

Bauersachs-Singer EM Sensor EM0.1-7 (5%) (1)     Sensitivity 7     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  20.9m km
Boehm-Brunner Thermal Sensor TH0.1-7 (5%) (1)     Sensitivity 7     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  20.9m km
Phased Geological Sensors (1)   5 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction

The ship fuel efficiency is different to the class fuel efficiency.  This is set on construction and again on refit.  Did you make manual changes to the design post-locking? Still a bug BTW - as I should account for that.  I'm just trying to understand what happened. 

In fact, I am not even sure why I am tracking it on a ship basis :) .  Probably a hangover from VB6.  I'll probably just track it via the parent class in future. .

Would the fuel efficiency of a ship be affected if an engine was damaged?

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2020, 11:02:25 AM »
If you set a fleet to move to a body with a minimum distance it will move to it with the min distance between them. Then the next construction phase (the body moves in it's orbit) pass the fleet will then move to the body and orbit it.

This has been a bug since 1.0.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2020, 11:03:07 AM »

Did you upload wrong DB or something?
As far as I can see you got 10k capacity on earth and about 50k of ships in orbit.
And nobody is in OH
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: Silverkeeper

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2020, 11:03:26 AM »
Like other versions, 1.7.3 eventually reaches a stage when it endlessly processes a turn. I have kept it processing the turn for the past 30 minutes, and the task manager indicates that it’s still calculating, although the amout of memory used by the program dropped a bit. The last time this happened, I left it running for 8 hours, to no avail. Is there any point doing so now? Is there a way to fix that?

Steve can't really figure out what is going on if you don't give him some more information. If you load a previous save does it happen again? If it does happen every time you load a save and process turns then please compress your Aurora.db file into a zip file and then attach it to your post using the "additional options" button.

Offline AJS1956

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2020, 11:06:11 AM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=10968. msg126525#msg126525 date=1587484534
When a fleet with multiple cargo freighters is given an order to "load mineral when x is available" for multiple mineral types in sequence.  The ship at the top of the ship list is filled up first.  This becomes a problem because when the first ship is full the game throws a "pickup failed" interrupt even if the fleet that it is a part of has the cargo space.

If you soldier through the interrupts the fleet will eventually load correctly but the interrupts eventually make things very annoying.

Either check that the there is cargo space on the fleet level or fill every cargo-capable ship in the fleet in parallel so they are full at the same time.

That could explain something I saw earlier.  i had a fleet of three freighters and gave order to pick up a mass driver (set maximum to 1) and then pick up automines (set max to 2).  I got a message that they couldn't pick up and a time interrupt.  When i checked, the fleet was carrying a mass driver and two automines.  From what you are saying the first ship picked up the mass driver then when it came to process the next order it stared with the first ship again, hence the message.  It then continued with the other freighters until it had picked up its maximum of two.

Andy

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2020, 11:06:43 AM »
Game Started with 1.7.0 Version 1.7.3

Designing a new Magazine the HTK value of the Magazin is one Point greater than the selected HTK value

Magazines in C# have a base HTK value plus an extra HTK value from accepting smaller space.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg107372;topicseen#msg107372

There is a bug in the baseline, which is never more than 1 when it should in fact be higher. However, I think the 1 HTK, 2 HTK text is misleading. It should be +0 HTK, +1 HTK, +2 HTK, etc. I'll fix it

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10968. msg126507#msg126507 date=1587482452
Quote from: davidr link=topic=10968. msg126415#msg126415 date=1587458036
Same bug in all the versions :_

currently using v1. 73 with TN start

The Event log does not pause or cause an entry to appear when a Geo Survey ship completes its Standing Orders.

I gave the Geo ship the order to survey all Planets / Moons.  It has completed its orders but I have received no notification of the fact in the event log.

DavidR

Finally tracked it down.  The problem is the event type isn't in the database.  The event was created but never recorded.  This will need a db change to fix though.

Any chance you can release a db patch that just alters an existing db (creates the new event type) without needing a completely new db?