Author Topic: NC Part 9: January 2045 - December 2045  (Read 4323 times)

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »
Quote from: "Summercat"
...in fact, that might be a good idea: build a few more freighters to increase your non-colonist load, use them to haul mines and factories over to Delphi, and have the factories work on nothing but producing infrastructre. 'Eventually', Delphi will be producing the infrastructure needed for incoming colonists itself, I think. I'll need to crunch the numbers ^_^;; but it should work. At least, that's the plan of action I would be taking.

The problem is I can't build more freighters because I need the unmined Gallicite on Thebes. I am shipping out construction factories though to allow Thebes to build its own infrastructure and once it is self-sufficient I will change to mines.

Another snag though is that I accidently introduced a bug that meant no construction factories built anything from May 2046 to July 2046 - oops!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline kdstubbs

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • k
Aurora Game Map
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 02:03:55 PM »
Steve
        It would be extremely helpful if you would post a map of known space.  I have seen the one you posted, but in one of your fiction lists you mentioned there are 22 known systems, I would appreciate a chance to see how the warp lines lay out.  Thanks

Kevin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by kdstubbs »
Kevin Stubbs

Online Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Aurora Game Map
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 11:38:13 AM »
Quote from: "kdstubbs"
Steve
        It would be extremely helpful if you would post a map of known space.  I have seen the one you posted, but in one of your fiction lists you mentioned there are 22 known systems, I would appreciate a chance to see how the warp lines lay out.  Thanks
Kevin

The map of Commonwealth known space for December 2046 is at:

http://www.pentarch.org/aurorafiles/Scr ... lMap46.GIF

Thanks to Erik for hosting the file.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Online Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 10:28:10 AM »
I moved the population discussion over to mechanics.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Erik Luken »

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »
So no loops yet?  I imagine things would get pretty exciting if the Commonwealth discovers a warp point into a system claimed by the Terran Union, or vice versa.  With no ships or colonies in the system, proving prior discovery could be a bit tricky.

Me, I think that people should have sensor buoys of some kind that they can plunk down in systems.  Buoys that can store messages for later visitors, in case the exploring force decides to explore a new system before reporting their survey data back.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Michael Sandy »

Offline MWadwell

• Commander
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 05:29:15 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Sandy"
Me, I think that people should have sensor buoys of some kind that they can plunk down in systems.  Buoys that can store messages for later visitors, in case the exploring force decides to explore a new system before reporting their survey data back.

I think that the idea of some kind of navigation bouy (stating that the system has been discovered by someone else) would be a good idea, as it can be used to claim ownership of a system.

But the flip side to this is that an invading race now knows that there are aliens in the neighbourhood, and can destroy the bouy and claim that there never was one there in the first place....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by MWadwell »
Later,
Matt

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 07:58:48 PM »
I was thinking of inconspicuous bouys.  They would be useful for storing communications by a survey group that moves on.

Perhaps you would have _two_ bouys in a system.  A conspicuous nav bouy that says "Mine! Mine! Mine!" and a non-conspicuous bouy a considerable distance away that records transmissions from said conspicuous bouy.  Transmissions like, "Hey, they are shooting at me!"

Offline MWadwell

• Commander
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 09:04:36 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Sandy"
I was thinking of inconspicuous bouys.  They would be useful for storing communications by a survey group that moves on.

Perhaps you would have _two_ bouys in a system.  A conspicuous nav bouy that says "Mine! Mine! Mine!" and a non-conspicuous bouy a considerable distance away that records transmissions from said conspicuous bouy.  Transmissions like, "Hey, they are shooting at me!"

I like this idea - a navigation bouy to scream "This system is owned", and a message bouy used to store messages for re-transmission (although it can also listen for the nav bouy going silent, and store that information as well.....)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by MWadwell »
Later,
Matt

Offline Michael Sandy

• Commodore
  • M
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 12:50:28 AM »
Or go triple feature:

Loud Nav Buoy
Near the LNB is a stealthed sensor buoy to observe who approaches LNB

Comm Storage Buoy way far away, so that even an active sensor sweep in the vicinity of the LNB will not find it.  There to see what mischief happens to LNB and SSB.