Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 70900 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2021, 10:01:41 AM »
When trying to change the order in which components are repaired after combat I got an error message: 1.12.0 Function #991: unable to cast object of type 'fr' to type 'ay'.

What type of components specifically were you trying to reorder?

Offline tobijon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #331 on: January 05, 2021, 11:00:04 AM »
I was trying to prioritize the engine over the fire control

Offline brevduva

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • b
« Reply #332 on: January 05, 2021, 01:59:13 PM »
The function number: #1170 at startup, then #1168 before game loads.  Same error message on both.
The complete error text: "The given key was not present in the dictionary"
The window affected: Game startup
What you were doing at the time: Starting the game
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: No idea, tried to recreate from a backup but no success
Campaign length: 5 december 0065 Years

• Try to start the game - Error 1170 and then 1168 occurs, game starts.  13-16 systems are missing ALL its system bodies, including some of my colonies.  The stars are still present, singles, binaries and so on.
  • Close game without saving.  Restart game.  Same error messages.  Repeat two more times.  Same.
  • Revert back to earlier save, this one a few months back (5 december  -> 5 august).  Works without any issues.
  • Advance time without any changes to 5 december.  Save game, close, restart.  Game loads the save fine.
  • Revert to earlier save game again.  Advance time in 5 day increments, trying to play as normal, see notes below.  Reach 5 december, save game close, restart.  Loads without issue.

Notes on attempted normal play:
2 november - added Fuel production 80. 000 liters to research queue
10 november - removed orders from Freighter "Loki UPS 003", changed to autoroute to . Sol and send message when arrived
- removed last order from "Loki UPS 004" ("JP1: Rome (JG): Standard Transit", last order after change is now "Scania: Refuel at colony")
- added orders to "Loki UPS 005": load mines on mercury, autoroute to Londinium, unload all installations on London, autoroute to . Sol, Scania: refeul from colony.  Repeat orders 1 time
20 november - 4 Heimdal refitted to Heimdal MkII.  Started refitting another 4 Heimdal
25 november - Gas removed from Athens, changed to add Water vapour (0. 2)
5 december - Removed all old unit templates from an existing Formation template, made new unit templates with updated tech, added the new ones to old Formation template
- renamed 8 old existing Formations (not templates)
Processed two 5-day increments to allow for the construction cycle to properly progress.
12 december - Saved the game, exited, restarted game, no issues encountered.

I don't remember if there was anything different I did or if maybe there was an event that fired.  If it did I don't know how to recreate it.  I have the different save files if necessary (save with error, backup save from a couple of months earlier, save with time progressed without interference, save with attempted normal play according to above notes)

Sidenote: I encoutered a similar error messages (#1170 and #3056) in this same game yesterday, further along in time (67 years).  Back then I also, upon loading the game, found 15+ systems without system bodies.  Having no idea what caused it, I reverted back to an earlier save, this one 3 years earlier ;_;, and was hoping that it wouldn't happen again.  But here I am. . .

Offline Alno

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #333 on: January 06, 2021, 05:34:37 AM »
Hey,

is it intentional that gravitational/geological sensors come with so many MSP included, that they increase a ships maintainance life instead of reducing it? The effect increases with the sensor's tech level.   Might not be a bug, but more of a balancing thing? Not quite sure where the right place to post this is. 

Edit: I just read the maintainance post and now i THINK i just have a good failure modifier?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:41:37 AM by Alno »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #334 on: January 06, 2021, 02:44:23 PM »
Hey,

is it intentional that gravitational/geological sensors come with so many MSP included, that they increase a ships maintainance life instead of reducing it? The effect increases with the sensor's tech level.   Might not be a bug, but more of a balancing thing? Not quite sure where the right place to post this is. 

Edit: I just read the maintainance post and now i THINK i just have a good failure modifier?

I am not really sure I understood, however, currently your MSP amount are due to the engineering (you something like 27 of them). There are 2 ways to increase your MSP: add engineering which will also reduce your AFR and IFR or, if you are satisfied with the current AFR and IFR rate and you wish to add MSP only, you have Maintenance Storages.

Off-Topic: show
Also, if you are really trying to keep that ship around for 10 years you may need a bit more MSP as the ones you have are based on a fixed value as the Maint calculator on the ship view is not really super reliable. You AFR increase the double every year so for instance, the second year your ship will have an AFR of 62%, the third 93% and so on. Your 3700 MSP are then just above the bare minimum assuming a linear failure rate, which we can assume you won't get after the 5th year in space. I would consider keeping it around the 4,000 even 5,000 MSP mark, just to be sure.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 02:48:06 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #335 on: January 06, 2021, 10:23:54 PM »
When firing at STO units with ships, the accuracy appears to be the same regardless of range. It's still fairly low, I assume because of fortification and terrain bonuses, but it appears to remain the same regardless of how close you get. This is a significant penalty to STO units.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #336 on: January 06, 2021, 11:02:47 PM »
When firing at STO units with ships, the accuracy appears to be the same regardless of range. It's still fairly low, I assume because of fortification and terrain bonuses, but it appears to remain the same regardless of how close you get. This is a significant penalty to STO units.

Someone else can confirm but I believe this is intentional as a stationary target on a planet is very easy to hit compared to a ship moving at 1000s of km/s. Fortification and terrain serve as the difficulty in this case rather than speed and erratic motion.

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #337 on: January 07, 2021, 12:07:55 AM »

Someone else can confirm but I believe this is intentional as a stationary target on a planet is very easy to hit compared to a ship moving at 1000s of km/s. Fortification and terrain serve as the difficulty in this case rather than speed and erratic motion.

If so I'd hope it could be adjusted into just some kind of accuracy bonus, because flat out eliminating the range penalty is effectively a massive range bonus against STO units, and makes it easy to pick them off from a range where they're either unable or very unlikely to hit you. It's true they get a 25% range bonus, but that means if you're even 1 tech level above them you can sit at max range where they have 1% chance to hit and bombard them with essential invulnerability.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #338 on: January 07, 2021, 01:08:28 AM »
If so I'd hope it could be adjusted into just some kind of accuracy bonus, because flat out eliminating the range penalty is effectively a massive range bonus against STO units, and makes it easy to pick them off from a range where they're either unable or very unlikely to hit you. It's true they get a 25% range bonus, but that means if you're even 1 tech level above them you can sit at max range where they have 1% chance to hit and bombard them with essential invulnerability.

In terms of realism, that sounds quite fair to me. It's much harder for a stationary target to hit an erratically-moving target at range than vice versa, after all.

In terms of balance, I'm not sure. This may simply balance STOs versus other defensive options or it may make them virtually worthless, I'm not sure. They seem to work fine currently. On the other hand, it does seem silly that space stations with 0 (1) km/s speed do benefit from BFC accuracy drop-off but STOs do not, although stations do lack terrain bonuses and cost valuable MSP to maintain, so it seems alright from a balance perspective.

Offline punchkid

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #339 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:34 AM »
Adding a report for this for completeness sake.

If you start building a ship in your shipyard at earth, then pause said ship, tow the shipyard somewhere else (Luna in my case)
You can then resume building paused ships and even though the shipyard was moved to a different body the ship that was paused will continue building on the body where you started the job, and will use resources from that body as well.
This was done with a comercial shipyard btw, if that matters. Have not tested with a military one.

Not really a big deal imo. But a bit odd in any event. Maybe at least worth a mention in known issues.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #340 on: January 07, 2021, 06:36:09 PM »
The function number
 - N/A
The complete error text
 - N/A
The window affected
 - Intelligence & Foreign Relations / Main Game Window (System View???)
What you were doing at the time
 - Exploring the cosmos, lookin' for dem aliums. :)
Conventional or TN start
 - TN Start
Random or Real Stars
 - Random
Is your decimal separator a comma?
 - Negative.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
 - Unknown.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
 - 62 Years

- I believe this bug is related to the generation of Rakhas, but am unsure and as such am posting this bug here for completeness. One of my NPRs blew up a Diplo Ship when I went to establish contact, and I decided to re-load from the point beforehand to try tailing the planet instead. Long-short, they dun disappeared, the whole population is just... gone. No idea what they had or anything, so yeah... I'm going to attempt to attach my .db, but the forum has been weird about file sizes AFAIK.

- ADDENDUM: One thing I forgot to add, upon re-loading old .db files, AKA the save backups, the were nowhere to be found. As annoying as this is, I petition to add a Roanoke Colony style event, at like 0.001% or some stupidly low chance, where a whole colony just... vanishes without a trace. That'd be spoopy.

- UPDATE: It seems my Standing Orders have stopped working too... weird...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:53:50 PM by xenoscepter »

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #341 on: January 08, 2021, 07:26:38 AM »

- I believe this bug is related to the generation of Rakhas, but am unsure and as such am posting this bug here for completeness. One of my NPRs blew up a Diplo Ship when I went to establish contact, and I decided to re-load from the point beforehand to try tailing the planet instead. Long-short, they dun disappeared, the whole population is just... gone. No idea what they had or anything, so yeah... I'm going to attempt to attach my .db, but the forum has been weird about file sizes AFAIK.

- ADDENDUM: One thing I forgot to add, upon re-loading old .db files, AKA the save backups, the were nowhere to be found. As annoying as this is, I petition to add a Roanoke Colony style event, at like 0.001% or some stupidly low chance, where a whole colony just... vanishes without a trace. That'd be spoopy.

in my latest 1.12 campaign I had a similar event, geosurvey ship goes to investigate near habitable planet in the system next door to the homeworld, arrives over planet, detects alien race and is promptly blown to bits by aliens (by STO's I think - there were no reports of alien ships).

When I return with ships loaded for bear (this was the only exit JP from my home system at the time) there is no sign of the culprits.

Checking the Database there is a record for the alien race but nothing attached as far as I have seen, there was nothing else unique about that planet, no resources were found (a neighboring planet did have a Ancient Artifact for Energy Weapons which I have had limited ability to exploit properly to date)

I didn't notice anything to do with standing orders.  This was about 6 years into the campaign, random stars and UK number formats.
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #342 on: January 08, 2021, 11:15:49 AM »

in my latest 1.12 campaign I had a similar event, geosurvey ship goes to investigate near habitable planet in the system next door to the homeworld, arrives over planet, detects alien race and is promptly blown to bits by aliens (by STO's I think - there were no reports of alien ships).

When I return with ships loaded for bear (this was the only exit JP from my home system at the time) there is no sign of the culprits.

Checking the Database there is a record for the alien race but nothing attached as far as I have seen, there was nothing else unique about that planet, no resources were found (a neighboring planet did have a Ancient Artifact for Energy Weapons which I have had limited ability to exploit properly to date)

I didn't notice anything to do with standing orders.  This was about 6 years into the campaign, random stars and UK number formats.

This is a known bug; Rakhas don't properly persist across save and reload.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2021, 10:07:41 AM »
Actually less of a bug and more of an unexpected behavior that I strongly doubt is working as intended: After further testing, this is in fact a bug.

As part of my campaign setup I have six survey ships requiring rank 3 to command (rank 1 being the lowest). In the Commanders window, I have run an auto-assign by clicking the "Reassign Naval" button. Only four of my six survey ships receive a commander, despite the fact that my two rank-3 commanders with the highest Survey stats are not assigned to any ship at all.

I notice several things:
  • My survey ships have missile launchers attached for the purpose of dropping buoys, with MFC, magazine, and an ordnance load.
  • Each survey ship also has 2x Boat Bay for the purpose of carrying a single fighter-size survey craft.
  • The unemployed commanders in question do not have any skill in Crew Training, Reaction, Engineering, or Tactical.
  • Each commander assigned to the survey ship possesses one of these four skills. In fact, one of the commanders assigned lacks any survey skill.

Thus, my conjecture is that the auto-assign is treating my survey ships as warships due to the missile launchers (or perhaps the boat bays?). This strikes me as undesired if not unintended behavior since the auto-assign considers survey ships a higher priority, thus it makes no sense that the algorithm to determine ship type ranks weapons/PPV higher than survey sensors. Certainly, I would think a player is more likely to design a survey ship with weapons than a warship with survey sensors, and the game should account for this!

I have previously noted a similar behavior with orbital mining platforms with an included cargo bay (for a mass driver), which is treated as a freighter and assigned a Logistics commander instead of a Mining commander, even though mining ships are supposed to be a higher priority than freighters. I wonder if the algorithm which determines the ship type for officer assignment is getting its assignments backwards?

----

ADDENDUM: I did a little bit of testing. I designed and built the following ship:
Galorfing C class Deep Space Survey Ship      27,881 tons       57 Crew       503.9 BP       TCS 558    TH 400    EM 0
717 km/s      Armour 1-81       Shields 0-0       HTK 13      Sensors 0/0/1/1      DCR 1      PPV 0
Maint Life 0.00 Years     MSP 11    AFR 6218%    IFR 86.4%    1YR 3,223    5YR 48,349    Max Repair 100.0000 MSP
Cargo 25,000    Cargo Shuttle Multiplier 5   
Captain of the List    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Commercial Inertial Fusion Drive  EP400.00 (1)    Power 400.0    Fuel Use 2.80%    Signature 400.00    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 250,000 Litres    Range 57.7 billion km (931 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour
Gravitational Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
The auto-assignment via "Reassign Naval" button gave this ship a commander with Crew Training 50 and Reaction 20 - not a Survey specialist.

However, I built the following ship:
Galorfing C-2 class Deep Space Survey Ship      2,201 tons       42 Crew       363.1 BP       TCS 44    TH 400    EM 0
9087 km/s      Armour 1-15       Shields 0-0       HTK 11      Sensors 0/0/1/1      DCR 1      PPV 0
Maint Life 2.12 Years     MSP 103    AFR 39%    IFR 0.5%    1YR 31    5YR 461    Max Repair 100.0000 MSP
Captain of the List    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Commercial Inertial Fusion Drive  EP400.00 (1)    Power 400.0    Fuel Use 2.80%    Signature 400.00    Explosion 5%
Fuel Capacity 250,000 Litres    Range 731.5 billion km (931 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour
Gravitational Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
This ship class receives Survey-spec commanders as expected. The only difference in the designs was the cargo hold and shuttles in the former. There is no logical reason that a cargo hold would cause a survey ship to be reclassified as a warship (perhaps as a freighter though that would still be non-ideal). Thus, I now consider this a proper bug and not merely an undesired behavior.

The game assigns a main function to a ship class for auto-assignment. The code checked for weapons before checking for survey sensors. I've now changed it so a ship will be classed as a survey ship if the size of survey sensors exceeds the size of weapons. I've also added a line to the class summary so you can see the class function for assignment purposes.

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, serger, pwhk, BAGrimm, Zap0, Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2021, 10:29:53 AM »
I've been stuck in 2 hour turns for a while now, while trying to do 5 day increments. This is on random stars, period decimal separator, TN start, about 65 years into game. I thought it was just the NPRs playing nuclear rocket tag across the galaxy, until it continued for over 5 ingame days. I tried a 30 day increment, and time advanced for six hours. It seems that something is causing an interrupt every sub-pulse, and when I checked in the database log to see what was happening, I found a few NPR ships trying and failing to complete standing orders, as well as a few ship detections every increment. I turned off detection, but that didn't solve the increments.

I saw a post earlier on similar to this one where it was NPR civilians trying to load cargo, but these are military vessels and what seem to be construction ships.

Off-Topic: show
GE Ajonpaa 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
Stabilisation Squadron 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
Stabilisation Squadron 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
CLE Aura II 025 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CLE Aura II 026 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CLE Aura II 027 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CLE Aura II 028 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CLE Aura II 029 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CLE Aura II 030 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CLE Aura II 031 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CLE Aura II 032 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 003 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 004 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 005 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 006 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 007 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
CJ Harjus III 008 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Join Operational Group
GE Alfheim 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
GE Alfheim 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)
SS Alfhild 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Survey Next Three System Locations
Stabilisation Squadron - Beam Escort 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
Stabilisation Squadron - Beam Escort 002 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Build Jump Gate at Nearest Jump Point
SS Binjai 001 is unable to carry out its primary standing order: Refuel from Colony or Hub (All)

I can attach the database if that helps.

Do NPR failed orders contribute to interrupts? Sorry but I still don't know after 10 years! :D

No, they don't cause interrupts. There are very few AI interrupts and they are related to combat, the detection of hostile contacts and the detection of new jump points.