Author Topic: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 53457 times)

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #600 on: April 18, 2020, 11:50:11 AM »
Same issue for me, just completed a grav survey and whilst i had a message to say the survey was complete no messages about no more orders for the survey ship in question

It is obvious a widespread problem - I am just struggling to reproduce. Maybe I already fixed it without realising :)

Here are steps to reproduce this problem in C#:
1) Have a system that has already been geo/grav-surveyed to completion.
2) Put a geo-surveyor and a grav-surveyor in that system.
3) Set standing orders to "Survey Next Five System Bodies" for the geo-surveyor and "Survey Next Three System Locations" for the grav-surveyor.
4) Progress time by a day.
5) Reproduced: No messages alerting the player that the standing orders are unable to be fulfilled.

This can sometimes results in a lot of survey craft ending up in space doing nothing for months or longer at a time before the player realizes, meanwhile ship maintenance clocks are ticking up the whole time. It's rather annoying.  :)

In VB6 there was a message like this in the log:

Also keep in mind that many players set up their survey ships to perform dual geo/grav surveys with their standing orders like this, which might require extra handling:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:52:32 AM by Ancalagon »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #601 on: April 18, 2020, 11:55:54 AM »
I'm locking this thread now as I am about to release a new version. I've reached the point where older databases won't run with the current code, so it is hard to bug fix.

If I haven't tackled a bug you reported, please check if the big still exists in v1.6.

The following users thanked this post: Doren, SpikeTheHobbitMage, Castinar, lentik, bro918, Jovus, Ancalagon, Fietsenstandaard