Author Topic: v1.70 Bugs Thread  (Read 10846 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.70 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2020, 11:48:10 AM »
System connection/numbering is super weird in this version.
Started a new game, 1. 7.
Random Stars, 100 star limit, 50/15 for local.

I wanted to 'map' a galaxy by space master exploring all the jump points.
Firstly, I could go over 100 systems.  I stopped at 101, but definitely could have gone more. 
Secondly, only one exploration led back to another system, which was sol (and had an unexplored point).
Third, I noticed in a previous version that if your system theme runs out of names, it will start labeling them "System #x" where x is presumably the internal system id.  (which isn't available to display easily anymore)
In 1. 7, this results in "System #0" every time except one, which was for some reason "System #-3"
I know Sol is canonically id'd as system 0, so I'm guessing that this is tied to the fixes for the other Sol related jump point connection issues.

I've changed Sol to 1 and I've fixed the system numbers going out of the '1 to max systems' range. I've also changed the code that chooses the system numbers

I never ran a random systems campaign, so we are suffering the effect of that lack of testing. I am getting there though :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2020, 11:51:01 AM »
Steve, maybe you can take a look into the other topic here:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10889.0

Someone brought up a possibility to rename default modules from the game (like Maintenance, Fuel, Cargo, etc.) - which might be a bug in the game; though it would be nice if default modules could be renamed.

Here is a copy of the post (if you don't want to read the whole topic):
Quote from: Migi link=topic=10889.  msg125389#msg125389 date=1587240872
You can rename components like fuel tanks and engineering spaces, if you do it from the class design window. 
I reported this as a bug (on the assumption that it could screw with the DB) but either Steve didn't notice or it's implicitly working as intended. 

If they re-sort by name after they are renamed, this is my new favorite hidden feature, and I hope it doesn't get patched. 
I really dislike that they are "out of order" by size, which makes comparing consecutive sizes (e.  g.   when fine-tuning fighter and FAC designs) way too fiddly. 

EDIT: Yes! After renaming, close and re-open the Class Design window.  Voila! Components are re-ordered by name.  I now have:
Fuel Storage0- Fighter
Fuel Storage1- Tiny
Fuel Storage2- Small
etc. . .

You can rename class components that aren't yours and it should be fine. I reference components by their ID, rather than their name. However, if you rename a non-race component, it will be renamed in all games.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2020, 11:52:20 AM »
Real Stars compaign, conventional, no NPR, 1st year, created GF structure only, there was no errors before 1st increment, and there is:
Function #2181: Attempted to Divide by Zero.

Have no clue what is it.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2020, 11:53:04 AM »
Fighters cause auto-turn interrupts, which makes it impossible to use auto turns when you're building fighters because they're normally built just about every tick.

Remind me about this after 1.7.1 is released. I can change it, but it will be a database update.

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »
Adding the empty space above technologies under the technology category in the Research tab throws an error #585.   As far as I know this doesn't cause any other issues.   

However, adding that empty space to the queue of an existing research project will result in an error #2169.   This will cause the game to throw an error #2169 whenever you open the Economics window and will corrupt your game if you decide to save.   
A Research Queue tab is created but is entirely empty.   If you cancel the research project to get rid of everything in that queue, that appears to fix the bug entirely and will prevent the save from getting corrupted.   

If you don't fix the issue when you save the game will throw error #1429 upon saving

The map will be empty and pressing any menu button other than View Current Game and Create New Game (opens normally) will throw an error #155

And clicking on the map itself will throw error #1621

Edit: I spoilered and posted 4 images in this message, any idea why they don't appear?

Fixed.

Offline surprise

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=10934. msg126128#msg126128 date=1587401584
Quote from: Vivalas link=topic=10934. msg125883#msg125883 date=1587328263
Fighters cause auto-turn interrupts, which makes it impossible to use auto turns when you're building fighters because they're normally built just about every tick.

Remind me about this after 1. 7. 1 is released.  I can change it, but it will be a database update.

Might be a bit greedy of me, but I (and I suspect a fair few others) held off on playing 1. 7 because of the create colony issue.  Personally, the fighter issue is a fairly large QoL problem and I’d have no problem with going straight to 1. 8, with any other DB bug fixes available.  As always, thank you for all the time you’ve been spending this past week on fixing issues!

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2020, 12:11:20 PM »
First, game runs much much smoother/faster in latest branch.   

Economics Tab (Medium):
After renaming a system (example above), the moons/planets that were already colonies retain the previous name in economics tab.   

Populations and system bodies are now separate, so you can rename them independently. A pop will start with the name of the system body on which it is created.

Event Log (Minor):
On death / retirement, current assignment should be listed as previous assignment. 
On death, current assignment will properly show what they were doing/researching. 
On retirement, current assignment will NOT show what they were doing/researching. 

Fixed

Ship Construction (Minor):
When specifying a ship as a tanker/harvest, there is no minimum fuel level set. 
While you can set the minimum fuel via another tab, choosing it as a tanker should auto-reserve 10% of the max fuel capacity. 
Otherwise, starting as a "tanker" yields 0 fuel on creation and when emptying (via manual or set orders) will empty all, without reserving the 10% needed to complete the return trip. 

Good idea. I have add an automatic 10% minimum fuel if min fuel is clicked and minimum is currently zero. There is a popup to inform the player.

Research Screen (Very Minor):
If in a rush or lazy (i.  e.   dragging the mouse to select multiple units instead of choosing ones individually), you can select a non-research (I.  E.   the blank box).   
Error pops up with "Function #585: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

Fixed.

Colony Creation (Minor??): (edit: While this is known by Emperer God Overlord Steve, I've yet to attempt to break the game with it)
You can create multiple colonies of the same planet/moon by hitting "create colony" multiple times.   
I have not tested to see what comes of this. 

Fixed.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2020, 12:13:35 PM »
Still seems that there is no notification or pause on completion of orders by a vessel.

My Geo survey vessel completed surveying all planets and moons as requested then stopped with no orders. However I never received a notification or a pause in time in the Events window.

DavidR

Very weird. I am seeing it and code is there. I've added some breakpoints in the code so I will track it and try to catch the error.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »

Remind me about this after 1.7.1 is released. I can change it, but it will be a database update.

I will remind you for sure as this is annoying. If you really wanted breaks per fighter you could queue them 1 by 1.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2020, 12:17:46 PM »
Real Stars compaign, conventional, no NPR, 1st year, created GF structure only, there was no errors before 1st increment, and there is:
Function #2181: Attempted to Divide by Zero.

Have no clue what is it.

Its a problem in the code for occupation. If you aren't occupying anyone, it may be an NPR. It's fixed now, so won't be a problem when you upgrade to 1.7.1.

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »
Still seems that there is no notification or pause on completion of orders by a vessel.

My Geo survey vessel completed surveying all planets and moons as requested then stopped with no orders. However I never received a notification or a pause in time in the Events window.

DavidR

Very weird. I am seeing it and code is there. I've added some breakpoints in the code so I will track it and try to catch the error.

1. Same problem.
2. No information about the lack of bodies to be discovered within 10b km
3. Sometime game does not save colors in event window.
4. is it possible for both values to start at 0/0 in the minerals window?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »
1.   70 bug
When creating Ship class, there is some kind of problem with MSP and Maintance Life when Maintnance storage and Enginering Spaces are pressent on the same ship.   

Adding Maintance Storage and Enginering spaces gives diffrent results depending on order of placement and amount of trying to repeat same order of placement.   

Below I present results from my tests. 
ES= Enginering Spaces  MSB= Maintance Storage Bay

Standard ES ---> Large MSB = Maint Life 1,38 Years     MSP 2 025    AFR 524%    IFR 7,3%    1YR 1 154    5YR 17 313

(ES not replaced every test)
 (1 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 1,37 Years     MSP 2 025    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423
 (2 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 0,37 Years     MSP 425    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423 
 (3 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 1,37 Years     MSP 2 025    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423
 (4 try) standard MSB --> Large MSB = Maint Life 0,37 Years     MSP 425    AFR 530%    IFR 7,4%    1YR 1 162    5YR 17 423 

Confirmed to happen with diffrent combination of sizes.    Tried many times, but it is hard to get same results.    Seems like placment of ES resets the cicle, or changes it to one of two possibile cicles? Not sure.   

tried to check diffrent combinations, but results were a mess. 

Done on ship attached to post.   

UPDATE:
seems like amount of ES and MSB determines when cicle changes. 
2 modules are changing ---> (1try = result 1 // 2try = result 2 // 3try = result 1 // 4try = result 2)
3 modules are changing ---> (1try = result 1 // 2try = result 1 // 3try = result 2 // 4try = result 1)

Please can you report this after I launch 1.7.1. It looks like it will take a while to understand resolve and I want to get 1.7.1 out soon due to the serious bug with colony creation.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »
Locking thread now as I am going to prepare the 1.7.1 release.

The following users thanked this post: thashepherd