Author Topic: Enjoying this game, but I have some questions  (Read 3605 times)

Offline MattyD

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Re: Enjoying this game, but I have some questions
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 04:21:34 AM »
Thanks, Hyfrydle, I know I'm making loads of mistakes, but I may prevent other people from making them, I also want to detail things that I've struggled with, for instance, it took me more than an hour to get Fleets and OOB's sorted, so I'm going to post about that at some point.

Currently, I've hit the wall in terms of minerals, I've had to cancel 50% of production on earth and I expect at least 10 years to get my economy back on track.

In another game I encountered a violent race that cut through my fleets in a single turn, so I understand where you are coming from in terms of long term preparation, but my research in this game is lagging far behind the level of technology I had in that one, combined with my mineral problem....  My plan is not to get noticed. Luckily, my powerful alien friends (1650 DR and rising) have the [spoiler:2jdq90f7]stable wormhole[/spoiler:2jdq90f7] in their system, and they are a lot tougher than me. Not so lucky was my bridging of our two homeworlds with jumpgates. If it goes wrong, then at least it will be quick.

Before I make a suggestion in the grown-ups part of the forums, I thought I might set it out here.

On the system map, when you right click it brings up 4 tabs: fleets, ships, contacts, populations. Would it be possible to add a further one, JP's, which would list the jump points in the system, and selecting one would change the current viewed system if explored.

Probably been suggested before, as it seems like an obvious interface improvement.
My Newbie AAR