Author Topic: Serious(?) bug  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Serious(?) bug
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2010, 12:04:18 PM »
Quote from: "Beersatron"
This is what I have found on first look:

[spoiler:140jg91w]It looks like an Invader is fighting a Swarm Queen, the invader is taking internal damage so I think that if you leave them to fight he will die from loss of structural integrity[/spoiler:140jg91w]

I'll keep on looking.

*edit*

What ever way Steve has setup the Invaders makes it hard to track what they are doing.

[spoiler:140jg91w]There is a Wormhole in a system with one Gas Giant and it has a Star Swarm plus a Stable Wormhole.

It would seem that the yo-yo is around the fact that the invader attacking the swarm queen is staying out of range of the queen but not doing enough damage to kill it. The damage done to the invader is probably from the soldiers that were assigned to this queen, but they have probably all been killed by the invader.

Therefore there is nothing that can kill the invader and there is nothing that can kill the queen.

Not sure if Steve has coded anything for this kind of yo-yo.[/spoiler:140jg91w]

There is  a fix in the next version, the Work around is to delete the queen or the invader

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2010, 07:50:54 PM »
As Andrew says, I can delete the queen and send it back to you. Have you played any further in your current game? If I send this back you will loose anything since, although I doubt you got far on 5sec increments!

Offline roccod

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 03:28:03 AM »
As Andrew says, I can delete the queen and send it back to you. Have you played any further in your current game? If I send this back you will loose anything since, although I doubt you got far on 5sec increments!

Your assumption is correct :) Please delete the queen. Today is a good day to play a few "turns", especially if I could rid myself from this annoying lingering headache..

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 01:24:46 PM »
Try this link https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B37y6K ... Yjcw&hl=en

I removed the Queen and the remaining Workers she had, then advanced time a little bit. You have 1 inactive research lab and The Works shipyard finished its expansion.

Offline roccod

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
Try this link https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B37y6K ... Yjcw&hl=en

I removed the Queen and the remaining Workers she had, then advanced time a little bit. You have 1 inactive research lab and The Works shipyard finished its expansion.

Just downloaded and tried it out. Thanks a lot!