Author Topic: Couple of Questions  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Nuckelavee (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • N
Couple of Questions
« on: July 23, 2012, 10:13:58 AM »
So I have played the game for a couple of hours now, tinkering with ship design and etc.  I've set up a mine on the moon, and am now setting up a Mars outpost to begin terraforming to figure out how that works.  But I've stumbled upon a few points and would like a few things cleared.  Many thanks in advance.

1) How does one go about moving a brigade? I've managed to move battalions and am now using them to stop the spread of unrest on Mars due to premature overcrowding (Military Dictatorship and all that).  Is there a specific number of battalions that make up a brigade?

2) My favorite team transport exploded! :( There's currently lifepods floating about and a horrid wreck near Deimos.  I was wondering how I would save the crew? Are they doomed? Can I use them as target practice?

Anyway, many thanks.

On a positive note, this game is nothing but awesome in terms of pacing.  Nothing beats landing a team of people on the moon.  :D

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Couple of Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
1) A brigade is made up of 5 battalions (Brigade HQ + 4 combat battalions).
---Hint--- on the Population and Production screen (F2), GU Training tab, the size of the various units is listed (Garrison Battalion 5, engineer brigade 25, for example)

2) Task Group screen (F12), check the "Lifepods" tick. They can now be the target of orders (usually, pick up)

Ralph Hoenig, Germany