Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 95013 times)

Offline Akhillis

• Chief Petty Officer
  • A
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2014, 11:33:15 PM »
Commander Names
Dutch Names appear to have an extra space in them.
The Sorium must flow

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2014, 08:34:12 AM »
In my community game, a civilian mining colony was established, when I went to look at it the minerals screen was showing that it was expecting usage, this was odd to me, the industry tab showed that the colony was attempting to build 0.6 mines, and 187 Svedlov Anti-Missile Missiles, this design has been created by no players in the game. Not exactly game breaking, but I thought it was quite strange.

Are you sure this was 6.4x?  This sounds a lot like a bug that appeared and was fixed in 6.3x or 6.2x....

Thanks,
John

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2014, 08:56:37 AM »
Hmmmm i think there maybe a bug with the truce timer i know that accidents where meant to trigger hostilities but in my games I always seem to be attacked or one of the NPRs in my system seem to attack one another out of the blue. Its happened in two games now both times the NPR on a Terraformed Mars has either began attacking me or another NPR.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »
I don't know if it's a bug or not, nor if it depends on 6.40 or not. I moved a level 2 DSTS on Ganymede, but I cannot see the blue circle when I check the box "show passive sensors ranges". On Earth and comets it works properly, but on Ganymede no.

Offline Sharp

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
Have you tried zooming out to see if it's a massive circle? I haven't seen yet in 6.4 but in 6.3 sometimes CMCs would have massive sensor ranges so it encompasses the Kuiper belt.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
I never had the passive sensor circle working on Jupiters moons, I thought I had reported at a while ago.
I set up sensor platforms on a ring of asteroids around Uranus's as well as one on a small Uranian moon, every one showed a ring except for the Uranian one.
Just checking this, It seems the sensor is showed on the moon, but the circle is too large. With one tracking station and at "to detect signature strength 1000" Asbolus, Nessus, and Crantor show a blue circle 580 million kilometers in diameter, however on Caliban the sensor ring is 1000kilometers at Signature strength 6 . This is actually what I reported a while ago, I just forgot the exact details.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 12:01:01 PM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »
yes both you are right. I zoomed out and I found two massive circles encompassing the Kuiper belt. So I set signature strengh at 6 and they are still so very large. The DSTS on Ganymede signs 1 billion of Km at 6 signature, another DSTS on a moon on Uranus (CMC) signs 500 millions of Km. both of circles should be smaller than they are. The only DSTS than work are on earth and on comets

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2014, 02:46:33 PM »
I'm getting Energy Weapon Impact notifications in systems where i have no assets or sensors (except a content-less colony).

I did have a ship destroyed in that system years ago.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »
Commander Names
Dutch Names appear to have an extra space in them.

Makes a nice change from extra vowels though :)
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Annuminas

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2014, 11:22:56 PM »
Not certain if this is a bug, but I keep having an issue when I play this game. After a certain amount of time, the game goes down to a snails pace. Like every time I hit "30 Days" it only moves 1 minute in game. Its like the game doesnt want to move anymore. It just happened 9 months into a brand new game. I dont understand what is wrong.

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2014, 11:45:01 PM »
Annuminas - that is not a bug.  Either you or a NPR are either close to a fleet intercept and battle, or are in one already.

Offline Kirkegaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2014, 02:43:57 PM »
Running 6.41 with the launcher on win 7 with Danish as language (, = .).

When I start a game I do rather fast run into an error 76 followed by error 424 "Object required" In the start I could press OK a few times and it would go away, but it seems to grow so there must now be 1000s of errors. If I force the program to quit I get an Error 3420 (UpdateGameLog) "Object not valid or no longer there" (in Danish)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »
Running 6.41 with the launcher on win 7 with Danish as language (, = .).

When I start a game I do rather fast run into an error 76 followed by error 424 "Object required" In the start I could press OK a few times and it would go away, but it seems to grow so there must now be 1000s of errors. If I force the program to quit I get an Error 3420 (UpdateGameLog) "Object not valid or no longer there" (in Danish)

Unfortunately, you need to make sure your decimal separator is the period (.) and not the comma (,).

Offline desius

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2014, 11:38:06 AM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=7012.    msg72689#msg72689 date=1399495088
Unfortunately, you need to make sure your decimal separator is the period (.    ) and not the comma (,).   

I am brand new to the Aurora world and this is my first post.     
Since I was unable to find a clear answer on how I should install the "base" game and if patches were cumulative or progressive, I am using the 6.    42 Wrapper package by AcidWeb.     ( edit: removed link, seems I can't post them )
I am playing with US Language settings and the game is installed under E:\Aurora\

This typically happens at the beginning of every game year, some time in January.       
Code: [Select]
(Sometimes) Error 76, Path not found, in CreateGameLog   (no file or path specified) - followed by
(Always) Error 424, Object Required, in CreateGameLog -  I usually see anywhere from 7 to several dozen of these.  

If I click through the errors, nothing bad seems to happen and I can continue playing.   

Searching on Error 424 shows that this error, appearing once during the yearly cycle, has been reported many times throughout many versions yet I cannot find any replies detailing any potential fixes. 
Is there any way to get a more detailed debug output?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:24:21 PM by desius »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »
I am brand new to the Aurora world and this is my first post.   
Since I was unable to find a clear answer on how I should install the "base" game and if patches were cumulative or progressive, I am using the 6.   42 Wrapper package by AcidWeb.    ( edit: removed link, seems I can't post them )
I am playing with US Language settings and the game is installed under E:\Aurora\

This typically happens at the beginning of every game year, some time in January.     
(Sometimes) Error 76, Path not found, in CreateGameLog   (no file or path specified) - followed by
(Always) Error 424, Object Required, in CreateGameLog -  I usually see anywhere from 7 to several dozen of these.   

If I click through the errors, nothing bad seems to happen and I can continue playing.   

Searching on Error 424 shows that this error, appearing once during the yearly cycle, has been reported many times throughout many versions yet I cannot find any replies detailing any potential fixes.
Is there any way to get a more detailed debug output?

Do you have full read/write rights to E:/ ?