Author Topic: B.R.A.N.D.I.N.G. Bill  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
B.R.A.N.D.I.N.G. Bill
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
Better Recollection And Names of Directors, Institutions, Nations and Groups Bill

Writer:Phan Duc Tho
Seconded by:Dr. Phineas T. Vendar

Observing that we are a Corpocracy in all but name.
Observing that with the end of the "Red Sickle", no organization exists that may rebel against our power.
Concerned that respecting the appearance of a Democracy lower our efficiency.
Concerned that new Senators may get confused by said appearance.
Concerned that the people may start believing we ARE a democracy and ask for election.
[ooc]Remarking that we voted for a corpocracy in the setup phase.
Remarking that playing greedy bastard is way more fun that playing good democrats
Remarking that it's silly to play a democracy when no more than 20 peoples cast vote in any elections despite a population of over 500 millions[/ooc]

I propose that we adopt the titles and formal organization of a Corporation.

Under this bill, the following titles and organization would be renamed.

The President would become the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Senate Speaker would become the Chairman
The Senate would become the Board of Trustees
Ministers would become Vice-President for Commerce, Infrastructures, R&D, etc...
The Vice-President would be, well, the Senior Executive Vice-President

Should this bill pass, the Board would have the responsability to choose our Company's name within 30 days.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: B.R.A.N.D.I.N.G. Bill
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 05:09:36 PM »
During debate of the bill, the Minister for Military Affairs makes impassioned speeches describing the government as a representative democracy and supporting the rights of the people to have a say in their day to day affairs. [ooc]I can't right impassioned speeches, use your imagination.[/ooc]

Behind closed doors and with allies, he reveals the true nature of his opposition based on the belief that democracy is the best way to keep the people silent, the masses will vote whatever way those who have the money, which means us, tell them too. And they will be operating under the illusion that they had a choice in the matter all along. He sees no reason to make public what those in power already accept as reality.[ooc]note these views may or may not represent my real life viewpoints, the point is the esteemed Vice Admiral is both a realist, and not a particularly nice person.[/ooc]

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:44:45 PM »
[ooc]DISCLAIMER:I don't really believe corpocracy is the way it should be. :p

Just to frame the debate right, this is mostly about how we want to play. We voted for corporate world, and we should follow it. Plus, it's more fun IMO. But then I'm the kind of guy who can't play lawful good character because they're too boring[/ooc]

Offline mavikfelna

• Lieutenant
    • http://www.geocities.com/mavikfelna
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 06:19:26 PM »
[ooc]If you find Lawful Good boring, you're not playing it right. :) Now, LG societies can be even more oppressive than LE societies, but for those of us with a natural Chaotic bent, there isn't much difference between the two. [/ooc]

I must agree with the Minister for Military Affairs. The citizenry needs the hope and idiocy provided by the appearance of democracy.

--Senator Orion Starion

Offline areyoua

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 06:26:01 PM »
I agree with both Senator Starion and the Vice Admiral, the people need to at least think that they have a say in government rather than just being told to prevent too much protests over the government.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister

[ooc]The real reason I don't want this bill passed is that I rather like being a Senator and Minister as opposed to a Trustee and Head.[/ooc]

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
I also believe in the power of democracy at least the fascade of one, previous bills before the charter and legitimate debate to what it may pertain, was at best ill advised, at worst a complete corruption of the system.

You may call for a vote for this bill, but I will be proving a well sounded NO.

Senator Winston

[ooc] I never voted for a corpocacy, I don't think people understood the true meaning [/ooc]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:05:31 PM by ardem »

Offline areyoua

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • a
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 06:32:05 AM »
I would like to point out that voting on this bill starts in around 10 hours unless we would vote for an extension, or the speaker is asleep at that time. However, I would not support an extension as we have had quite a lot of debate already totaling about 100 hours at this point, so more debate would be quite useless.

George Payne
Infrastructure Minister
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:37:26 AM by areyoua »

Offline Sheb (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 06:36:14 AM »
I think we could proceed with the vote. I am afraid I am going to loose, but well Politics is the Art of the Possible, and it seems coolness is out of reach right now.