Author Topic: Settings changed by Aurora?  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Jaque_Thay (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Settings changed by Aurora?
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »
Hey guys,

Found Aurora last week and thoroughly enjoying it - one problem I've found though (and it's not an in-game bug so I didn't think it belonged in the bugs thread) is that since I installed it, I can no longer use commas to mark thousands in excel - instead the place is marked with a space.

I downloaded the simple install package from here hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,5663. 0. html and patched manually to 6. 40 a day later.  Only discovered last night that excel has changed - but I haven't installed anything else in the interim, so I'm pretty certain it wasn't anything else.

I'm UK based, and my settings are the same, so I don't think the paragraph here hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,1830. 0. html about comma settings applies to me.

Has anyone else had experience of this, or have any ideas on how to fix it? I can't find anything within excel itself to reset the issue, and as I use this machine for work losing the ability to mark large numbers with commas is proving troublesome.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Settings changed by Aurora?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 10:00:32 AM »
Hey guys,

Found Aurora last week and thoroughly enjoying it - one problem I've found though (and it's not an in-game bug so I didn't think it belonged in the bugs thread) is that since I installed it, I can no longer use commas to mark thousands in excel - instead the place is marked with a space.

I downloaded the simple install package from here hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,5663. 0. html and patched manually to 6. 40 a day later.  Only discovered last night that excel has changed - but I haven't installed anything else in the interim, so I'm pretty certain it wasn't anything else.

I'm UK based, and my settings are the same, so I don't think the paragraph here hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,1830. 0. html about comma settings applies to me.

Has anyone else had experience of this, or have any ideas on how to fix it? I can't find anything within excel itself to reset the issue, and as I use this machine for work losing the ability to mark large numbers with commas is proving troublesome.

Look in your control panel, in (Win7) Region and Language. There is an Additional Settings button. In there, you have your choice from decimal symbol as well as digit grouping symbol.

Offline Jaque_Thay (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:28:16 AM »
Thanks for the help - that set it right straight away :)

Offline AcidWeb

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:39:04 PM »
Interesting. My launcher should revert this changes every time.
The only scenario which comes to my head that Windows crashed during game or you shutdown system with opened Aurora.

Offline Larz

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 07:30:21 AM »
This has occasionally happened to me too when using the portable release with 6.4. It doesn't happen every time though. Also, I would love to have the option to set the thousands separator to "," when starting with the portable launcher. The space separator is not required by Aurora. I can change the setting in Windows after running the launcher, but having to do this every time I start Aurora is kind of a pain.