Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 10540 times)

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2024, 07:58:51 AM »
Minor Bug
If a fleet is transferred to another race it cannot wind back its maintenance clock at a colony of the new species. Until there has been a save and reload of the database.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2024, 12:40:00 AM »
So how can that be. My Production event persists being in pink & yellow on the tactical screen, whereas it is set since one week (real life, 12+ sessions so not in memory) to be pink & black.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #92 on: March 29, 2024, 02:14:31 AM »
I now understand the issue. It's simple actually! The events when displayed on the tactical screen never use the defined Text Colour, only the default one.

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2024, 06:57:07 AM »
If that's the case, it's a problem with the theme you're using, as I can assure you that text colors work fine on default settings.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2024, 09:29:26 AM »
Ah crap. Sorry for the bother then, my fault.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2024, 12:56:29 AM »
I have created another game where I added 4 NPR on Earth, one is Greater China, short name CHI.
Pass 2 mn, the contact name is GRE, not CHI. The same issue presents itself for the 3 other races. Looking at the DB, the short handle is CHI, not GRE.
If I go to the Intelligence window, replace GRE with CHI in the Abbrev field, and then (mandatory or nothing changes) click on Rename Race then OK (not changing the actual race name), then the next contact update will correctly show CHI.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2024, 08:57:58 AM »
I have created another game where I added 4 NPR on Earth, one is Greater China, short name CHI.
Pass 2 mn, the contact name is GRE, not CHI. The same issue presents itself for the 3 other races. Looking at the DB, the short handle is CHI, not GRE.
If I go to the Intelligence window, replace GRE with CHI in the Abbrev field, and then (mandatory or nothing changes) click on Rename Race then OK (not changing the actual race name), then the next contact update will correctly show CHI.

The short name you give a race, which can be of any length, is not related to the 3 letter abbreviation used by the Intelligence window.

The following users thanked this post: unkfester

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2024, 02:00:01 PM »
I find this confusing, as the intelligence window reports the correct long name, race portrait, and flag. So, why would the handle be different from the short name? Unless, in your mind, the short name is not the handle but something to use somewhere else. But then, where?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2024, 03:34:03 AM »
I find this confusing, as the intelligence window reports the correct long name, race portrait, and flag. So, why would the handle be different from the short name? Unless, in your mind, the short name is not the handle but something to use somewhere else. But then, where?

The Race Short Name is used for places where the Race Title would be too long, such as colonies on the System View.

The three letter capaitalised abbreviation on the intelligence window is a reporting code and is used for contacts. This is initially set to the first three letters of the intelligence reporting name. This reporting name is always the <system name> aliens until comms are established, after which it will change to match the long name. Also, you can change the reporting name and the abbreviation to anything, regardless of the alien's actual name. So if you discover the aliens in Wolf 359, they will be named the Wolf 359 aliens and their reporting code will be WOL. In your case, I am guessing the two races started on the same planet so comms were already established.

So the reporting name and the three letter abbreviation are completely independent of the true name of the aliens, with the only crossover being the reporting name updated once comms are established.

For example, in my own current game, my race short name is Imperium, which would be too long for contact information.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 03:37:08 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2024, 05:02:49 AM »
Got it, thanks for the thorough explanation. And I can change it to what I like, so it's all good.

The following users thanked this post: Steve Walmsley

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2024, 08:09:14 AM »
Buglet or misunderstood feature:
If I set the speed of my fleet to 350 km/s (nominal speed 1066), then it seems to work; as in, if I bring the dialog box up again, it shows 350, but the next move impulse shows it's still moving at 1066 km/s.

Also, another one, but it might just be it's for non-fighters only. I have a fighter tender with 3 fighters, if I ask to split all 'ships' at arrival, it does nothing. I guess here 'ships' are 1000+ tons objects?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2024, 08:58:49 AM »
Buglet or misunderstood feature:
If I set the speed of my fleet to 350 km/s (nominal speed 1066), then it seems to work; as in, if I bring the dialog box up again, it shows 350, but the next move impulse shows it's still moving at 1066 km/s.

Also, another one, but it might just be it's for non-fighters only. I have a fighter tender with 3 fighters, if I ask to split all 'ships' at arrival, it does nothing. I guess here 'ships' are 1000+ tons objects?

Did you uncheck 'use maximum speed'?

Split fleet doesn't affect anything in a hangar.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2024, 11:12:56 PM »
I did not! I now see the checkbox. I would have unchecked it automatically for the player in the case he enters a speed manually...

Offline Grimm Spector

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • G
« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2024, 10:56:11 AM »
Just minding my own business playing, and suddenly if I advance time beyond 12 hours after this save (attached), I get what seems like an endless set of errors, in order as below.  It does end, if you close enough of them, but then happens again everytime you advance time without end.

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
2. 5. 1 Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
2. 5. 1 Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
2. 5. 1 Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

it then repeats 1954 and continues on in the same order.  This occurs with no windows other than the main window open when advancing time.

TN start
Random or Real Stars - not sure, default setting?
Is your decimal separator a comma? Yes
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Never seen this before
 it's only a few years in, not a long campaign

Game is now unplayable.  In the attached it's "Terran Empire 2"

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2024, 11:36:16 AM »
This same string of Function numbers came up earlier in this same thread: Here.

According to Steve, it's being caused by "alien races without a class naming theme. If you suffer this bug in v2.5.1, then try setting a theme."