Author Topic: Ship Maintenance Rule - A general overview  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
Ship Maintenance Rule - A general overview
« on: May 07, 2020, 06:58:36 AM »
Hi guys, this want be a general recal on the ship maintenance rules, which are still partially unclear to me, as I still make confusion with Aurora VB6 rules.

First of all, I have read two major post:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg101959#msg101959

and

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg116381#msg116381

So, if I well understood:

1) Commercial ships do not require any maintenance facility while at a planet or in the space, they do not need overhaul, they only need spare parts (MSP) to be repaired if damaged after a fight. They can in theory sit in the deep space forever.

2) Military ships require a maintenance facility at a population or in the space they need a bigger ship with maintenance module (like the huge WWII ARD that were acting as an harbor for the battleships).

3) Military ships while docked at a maintenance facility or bigger ships consume MSP (which are producted from the main. facility and they require some minerals).

4) Each main. facility means 1000t, so having 10 of them means the possibilty of docking 10000t military ships without malus.

Now the questions:

1) In the Naval Organization panel under Logistic Report I can see for each ship, "Deploy" and "TSO" label, what do they are?

2) Always in naval organization - Ship overview - Ship design display I can see "Deployment clock"  and "Maintenance clock". What do they are exactly? Which is the relationship between TSO, Deploy, Depl. Clock and Maint. Clock?

3) Where I can check a general MSP consumption trend?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 08:43:00 AM by Kaiser »

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
Re: Ship Maintenance Rule - A general overview
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 08:15:29 AM »
4) Each main. facility means 1000t, so having 10 of them means the possibilty of docking 100000t military ships without malus.

I can't answer to your questions, but I assume you added an extra 0 there unintentionally. Ten maintenance facilities allows for 10,000 tons of military hardware to be maintained.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 08:43:24 AM »
Thank you, it was a spelling error :)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:24:47 AM »
1 --  Yes.

2 -- Yes.

3 -- Yes.

4 -- Yes.  The change from VB Aurora is that it used to be 10,000 tons maintenace capacity could maintain any number of vessels up to that size limit.  In C# Aurora the limit is total tonnage, so one 10,000 ship of ten 1000 ton ships, but not both (as that would be 20,000 tons).

Questions:

1 -- Deploy -- Amount of time the crew can be / has been on 'active duty'  (I don't have the game open to check and you didn't provide a screenshot.)
TSO -- Time Since Overhaul

2 -- Deployment clock -- net time the crew has been 'working' -- when this goes over the limit, crew moral drops
Maintenance clock -- net time the ship has been 'working' -- affects the chance of maintenance failures

TSO -- calendar time
Maint. Clock -- effective time on ship's hull

Deploy -- either the plan, or the amount accumualted, or the amount left  -- I don't know, I don't have the game ope to check but you should be able to tell from context.
Depl. Clock -- effective time accumulated by crew stress

3 -- On the empire-wide maintenance summary window/tab. . . which may not be implemented for C# Aurora yet.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser