Author Topic: National Updates Comment Thread  (Read 57560 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: National Updates Comment Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »
Just curious, are you going to continue this game with the release of 7.00?

Yes, the game is still continuing. It was updated as I made each change so it has been running in 7.00 for a while. Currently one year after the war. I plan to do an update soon.

Offline Jakalo

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2015, 12:16:32 PM »
Man, that Pendragon screenshot is crazy. I can't imagine microing that.

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2015, 08:18:08 PM »
The Caliphate is definitely the innovative faction of the piece; bad strategic instincts though. If they had hanged together with Brazil, they wouldn't have been nuked separately.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2015, 11:12:28 PM »
They need underground infrastructure for their asteroid colonies, dig in hard and resist everything the united states throws at them.
Why does that sound familiar?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »
The Commonwealth is doing too well. Am I the only one kind of hoping something bad happens so they don't run away with the lead?  ;D

Offline MWadwell

• Commander
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2015, 06:36:03 PM »
The Commonwealth is doing too well. Am I the only one kind of hoping something bad happens so they don't run away with the lead?  ;D

As an Australian, my answer is "No!" ;)
Later,
Matt

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2015, 06:48:18 PM »
As an Australian, my answer is "No!" ;)

No to something bad happening, or no I'm not the only one?  ;D

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #187 on: December 21, 2015, 11:21:18 PM »
Obviously those devious Canadians are planning something, us Aussies need to keep an eye on them.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2015, 07:59:44 AM »
No to something bad happening, or no I'm not the only one?  ;D

The chinese will win?

The comomwealths consolidation is a good move for them, pooled tech, minerals and ships makes them not onlöy the biggest but the most advanced powerblock in known space.

For the bad things: Well we got an galactic commonwealth now ..- this also means we get Kevin Sorbo as captain of the biggest ship and nukes that blow up stars.

(well actauly having eough firepower to vaporize a Asteroid or comet would be interresting)
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »
no, he's an American not a Canadian,  Shatner though...

I would expect them to keep the Commonwealth of Nations name,  since it's generic enough it's not going to run out of accuracy.

I would expect that a lot of the other Commonwealth countries are working behind the scenes to get them some of this tech, wealth and new land,  there are lots of Commonwealth countries with lots of people, and population growth is a handy thing
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »
Well, going from 14 nations to 12 would certainly ease Steve's burden and it is a logical thing to do.

In the scenarios where Earth is doomed, I always think of those few stubborn people who either refuse to believe the scientists - "no way is the Sun getting hotter/colder!" - or refuse to leave their ancient homelands for sentimental reasons. What would it be like you're among the last ten thousand people in Australia/Canada/UK and seeing those last starships take off?

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »
Like fallout when you go into the vault. Underground infrastructure is just like that i would imagine.
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »
I am Australian, and my vote would be be for the alignment of the Commonwealth, the kanucks and poms are good enough. Better then those war mongering Americans picking on the arabs again, for mineral exploits<smile>

What what about those French Canadians, won't they be a problem

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2015, 02:30:01 PM »
I am Australian, and my vote would be be for the alignment of the Commonwealth, the kanucks and poms are good enough. Better then those war mongering Americans picking on the arabs again, for mineral exploits<smile>

What what about those French Canadians, won't they be a problem

I believe they are incapable of organising a you know what in a brewery,  they can't even organise a secession vote,   a bit like the Scots it seems...
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2015, 05:38:16 PM »
They know how to organise a revolution though, untill it disorganised became extra revolting and then installed a new dictator.
What did we manage? A few bank robbers hiding in the bush, failed plans to blow up a train, and a bunch of pissed off miners who hoisted a flag and were beaten in half an hour.