Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 274212 times)

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #645 on: May 23, 2020, 03:41:00 PM »
will destroying Stabilisation Gates be a thing? so you could contain NPRs. Just a thought

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Screen Resolution
« Reply #646 on: May 23, 2020, 04:16:34 PM »
yeah sure guys, never wanted to add you more jobs!

i have a computer attached to the TV, so theres no problem to play normally, only wanted to know if im outside with my old laptop. :)

only wanted to know if theres any way to change it easily :)

you may want to have have look into the FAQ.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #647 on: May 24, 2020, 08:50:44 PM »
What about shipyards that are pre-planned in size?  My general understanding is usually slipways don't generally change size in reality once built, and while that doesn't have to apply to aurora, it might be an interesting gameplay aspect if building a significantly bigger slipway was actually a big revolution for your civiliation's shipbuilding capability, where you otherwise are pretty much confined to what is already built in terms of ship size (rather than the slow increase in size that currently exists, which you can even do without disrupting the current ship production run).

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline the obelisk

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #648 on: May 25, 2020, 02:45:35 PM »
Some kind of SM option to turn an NPR into a player race would be cool, if that's feasible.

will destroying Stabilisation Gates be a thing? so you could contain NPRs. Just a thought
The switch from describing it as jump gate construction to jump gate stabilization was, if I remember correctly, specifically because Steve does not want it to be possible to undo the connection (outside of SM mode).

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2020, 07:24:09 PM »
Artificial planets, ringworlds and Dyson spheres. (on a 2d solar system map is there a difference)

I'm sure it wouldn't be simple to do, but these extremely rare worlds would be wonderful to find.  Obviously they are constructed by ancient aliens, who may well still inhabit them.
Since they occupy an entire orbital path, where would our fleets target as a landing? would there be multiple landings?  would they have multiple colonys?  what absolutely huge population cap would they have?   This is a crazy idea right?

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #650 on: May 25, 2020, 11:06:33 PM »
Not clear how to do them properly but probably could be fun.

Offline stabliser

« Reply #651 on: May 26, 2020, 06:49:21 AM »
Perhaps Dyson-spheres could be restricted to replacing the second star in a binary as if they have completely enclosed it.  That might make them seem boringly like a very very large Planet X and not worth the effort though.

Or suppose a Ringworld was displayed as 90, 180, 360 or 720 bodies on a single orbital ring, all close to colonisable and likely already occupied by precursors.  Would that be fun or just tedious.  They would not have minerals to mine since they're not naturaly formed, but potentially 1000s of ruins to explore... at each.   They must be very rare, perhaps even excluded from SM creationg to keep them super rare.

If a rift touches them do they disintegrate in some way.
Can ground units move around the ring.

I think I just want to know theres always something new to find out there in Aurora.

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #652 on: May 26, 2020, 07:01:07 AM »
please think about minerals needed for dyson sphere (size!!!) and than you will see even biggest player empires are not even close with mineral extraction to start such project

Offline stabliser

« Reply #653 on: May 26, 2020, 07:15:12 AM »
I wasnt suggesting that players should be able to build them... although ;)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #654 on: May 26, 2020, 07:44:58 PM »
1.9.5 Class Design window

Components and classes that use prototypes are flagged with (P), but there is no such notification for obsolete components or the classes that use them.  It would be helpful while upgrading a fleet if such were clearly marked.

Suggestions:
In the Class Components list, flag obsolete components with (O).
In the hull list, flag classes that include obsolete components with (O).
If both flags apply to a component or class, use the mark (OP).

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #655 on: May 26, 2020, 08:23:07 PM »
Would having Deep Space habitats be possible? I'd like to develop systems that are empty beyond just placing a gas station.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, stabliser

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • w
« Reply #656 on: May 27, 2020, 09:45:01 AM »
This might be a little complicated for the general suggestions thread (and possibly suggested before), but here goes with advanced Standing and Conditional Orders.

Instead of having a Primary and Secondary Standing/Conditional Order, let us add as many as we desire in a priority queue.

For example, my grav/geo survey ship could have the following orders configured

• Survey Next 3 System Locations
  • Survey Next 5 System Bodies
  • Move to System Requiring Geosurvey
  • Move to System Requiring Gravsurvey

Theoretically, this would have the ship survey all systems until there were no more geosurveys to be done, then move to the next unexplored system and continue the process.

Likewise, the conditional orders could be set up like

• Fuel less than 40% -> Resupply at Colony
  • Fuel less than 40% -> Overhaul at Colony
  • Fuel less than 40% -> Refuel From Colony or Hub
  • Supply Points less than 20% -> Overhaul at Colony
  • Supply Points less than 20% -> Refuel at Colony
  • Supply Points less than 20% -> Resupply at Colony
  • Hostile Active Ship Contact In System -> Clear Order List
  • Hostile Active Ship Contact In System -> Refuel at Colony

Again, in theory this should tell the ship to return to a colony when supplies or fuel are low, at which point it will refuel, resupply, and overhaul (in a particular order to account for Overhauling not refueling and resupplying). Likewise, if it encounters a hostile force, it retreats home.

Even better would be for the Fuel and Supply Point conditions to be consolidated into Fuel less than X% and Supply Points less than X% so I could say to return home when supply points are less than 35% to provide a bigger safety net.

Finally, a nice to have might be to have multiple orders per condition. So using the previous example, I could say
  • Fuel less than 40% -> Resupply at Colony, then Overhaul at Colony, then Refuel from Colony
  • Supply Points less than 30% -> Refuel from Colony, then Overhaul at Colony, then Resupply at Colony
  • Hostile Active Ship Contact In System -> Activate Shields, then Active Sensors On, then Change Speed to Maximum, then Refuel at Colony

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #657 on: May 27, 2020, 06:04:31 PM »
For standing orders and conditional orders there isn't much of a limit on what would be useful, so the list can be expected to grow indefinitely.  There are also times when the orders in that list would be handy from the movement list.  A better solution might be to make those unique automatic orders (refuel from colony or hub, etc) available as regular orders, and then make standing and conditional orders use order templates.  Such a system should be both easier to manage and more flexible than the current approach.

The following users thanked this post: amram

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #658 on: May 28, 2020, 01:57:44 PM »
There are a lot, and really a lot of names themes in Aurora ...

And some of them might feel silly, or useless. It depends of the player, but I'm sure most of you, if you were to browse the entire list, would say that some lists, you would never use them. And probably you would prefer not having a NPR use them either.
Or perhaps you feel a list is too short so not good to use.

So here is my suggestion. Have a txt file in the Aurora directory, this is  the list of excluded lists of names, that the player wants to be ignored by Aurora.

So for example, if I find that 'Ukrainian Birds' is not a list I want to see, for whatever reasons (no offense toward Ukrainian birds  ;D  ) then I would add the list name in the txt file and Aurora would not show it as a possible list.

That would allow also some 'sanitization' I believe. We just can't have all possible lists submitted by everyone appears in the game, this slow browsing the lists you might be interested in.

The following users thanked this post: serger, JuergenSchT

Offline wedgebert

• Ace Wiki Contributor
  • w
« Reply #659 on: May 28, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »
There are a lot, and really a lot of names themes in Aurora ...

And some of them might feel silly, or useless. It depends of the player, but I'm sure most of you, if you were to browse the entire list, would say that some lists, you would never use them. And probably you would prefer not having a NPR use them either.
Or perhaps you feel a list is too short so not good to use.

So here is my suggestion. Have a txt file in the Aurora directory, this is  the list of excluded lists of names, that the player wants to be ignored by Aurora.

So for example, if I find that 'Ukrainian Birds' is not a list I want to see, for whatever reasons (no offense toward Ukrainian birds  ;D  ) then I would add the list name in the txt file and Aurora would not show it as a possible list.

That would allow also some 'sanitization' I believe. We just can't have all possible lists submitted by everyone appears in the game, this slow browsing the lists you might be interested in.

I would go on further and say just move all name lists to external files (be it text or json or whatever is best). This could be themes, hull types, company names, etc. When you start a new game, it would load all files and show them in-game as normal. You don't like a theme? Just delete (or move) the corresponding file. Likewise if you want to add your own or edit an existing, it would be easy. Players could even easily trade them between themselves.

I know there's an option to import themes, but this seems like a more flexible solution that doesn't require manual work once the files are the way the player wants them.

The following users thanked this post: kenlon, vorpal+5, serger, JuergenSchT