Author Topic: Error 5 invalid procedure call for fuel dumping  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Black Rabbit (OP)

• Petty Officer
Error 5 invalid procedure call for fuel dumping
« on: July 22, 2011, 07:30:08 AM »
Fuel harvester ship given conditional orders to unload 90% fuel at colony within 4 jumps if fuel tanks full.   Placed into orbit around my home planet with nothing to do, and ran a day.

During advancing of time, the game reports an error 5, invalid procedure call.   The first time, I looked at the fuel harvester task group and found no apparent changes; 100% fuel, no orders.   Trying again another day, I got the error, but then I saw the group with "Unload 90% fuel" tasked.   I ran a third day by and looked again at the task group.   No error reported, the unload task is no longer on the task group's plotted moves, and it's still at 100% fuel.

I hadn't gotten this error before attempting this function, and it disappeared after I stopped trying to have my fuel harvester dump its fuel. 

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Error 5 invalid procedure call for fuel dumping
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
This is a known issue.  A search would have revealed this.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 08:53:24 AM »
Same response as in your other thread - please read the instructions about logging bugs and where to post.  I'm moving this one to The Academy too.

John

Offline Black Rabbit (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
I did search, but apparently used the wrong search terms or missed it in the results.

My apologies.